Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 17/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

- Colback played well but is still an utter c*** who I'll never give my 100% backing to.

- Riviere seriously needs to stop shitting himself when he gets into the final third, although it is obviously early days.

- Cabella looks very promising and was the standout for me.

- Anita was excellent in his role today but AP put and end to that.

- HBA would have made a difference today and would have given us much more impetus in the final third.

- Colo and Williamson were as bad as each other but it seems to be the cool thing to blame Colo at the minute.

- Paul Dummett found his level at St Mirren. Absolutely useless and the s*** c*** has a 6 year contract :anguish:

- Gouffran was a handy player when he first arrived and could actually be threatening but it now seems that he has been totally Pardewed and is going to be a player we all grow to hate. Sad really as he started off his NUFC career as a bit of a fan favourite.

- We'll never do anything until AP is out of the club. Zero shots on target. Despite the few positives, we still couldn't manage a solitary shot on target.

''Colback played well but is still an utter c*** who I'll never give my 100% backing to''.

Why?

10390173_10154191750070043_8805386099946418728_n.jpg

Seen nothing of the game but it's a bit bizarre seeing all these comments about it being a decent performance when we lost by multiple goals again, at home again, without a single shot on target again. Doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you can't even make their goalkeeper earn his wages once in 90mins+ on your own pitch then what exactly is decent about that? That we didn't lose by more? :lol:

I thought we looked decent and ''contained'' Citeh for most of the match.

We lack a bit of a cutting edge but anyone on here could have predicted that before the match.

I don't understand the fascination with "on target". A good bit of play meant Sissoko should have scored, and Ayoze's shot looked headed towards the corner if not for heroics from Fernando. Would you rather they lobbed a few at Hart from 30 yards just to improve statistics? Generally, they competed well physically and tested City in the second period.

Without doing so you don't score goals and that's what wins games.

Seen nothing of the game but it's a bit bizarre seeing all these comments about it being a decent performance when we lost by multiple goals again, at home again, without a single shot on target again. Doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you can't even make their goalkeeper earn his wages once in 90mins+ on your own pitch then what exactly is decent about that? That we didn't lose by more? :lol:

absolutely. Ambition has been totally eroded. We were weak as piss imo.

Guest Roger Kint

Every single time we play Man City the game is treated as if 3 points is totally unattainable.

:thup: fact is we could and should have got something from that, they barely broke sweat and one typical Newcastle goal to concede ended the game before half time. All this good performance crap means nowt when we rarely troubled them even when they were a long way under par

Got to say City only looked in 2nd gear for most of the match, they did what they had to to get the result.

Like I said before the game, they are there for the taking, only not by us. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose in their next match.

I don't understand the fascination with "on target". A good bit of play meant Sissoko should have scored, and Ayoze's shot looked headed towards the corner if not for heroics from Fernando. Would you rather they lobbed a few at Hart from 30 yards just to improve statistics? Generally, they competed well physically and tested City in the second period.

Many of the best (missed) goal scoring chances are shots off target. Obviously, a shot on target is required to win with the exception of a own goal, but the statistic does not really tell you about the amount of threat a team carried in a match.

What a shock, Colo's superfan trying to shift the blame to someone who did very little wrong, but isn't a forrin.

Very little wrong and absolutely nothing right. This coming from a guy complaining about our lack of ambition.

Would you praise Haidara for that performance?

Despite the generally good performance, it was the same old s*** that leaves a bad taste. The ease at which they scored both their goals when they decided to really attack and the amateur mistakes made to let them in. f***ing Gouffran, man. Obertan on for Anita - What the actual f***?! Gouffran in to centre midfield despite having a centre midfielder on the bench who has showed some form over the course of a year. Riviere up on his own all game and only Sissoko being any where near. Dummet's not good enough. Krul still belting it and losing possession each time. The length of time Gouffran stayed on. How Perez didn't come on until less than 10 minutes from the end. Set pieces to Moke...

All of these things, all of them, are the sole responsibility of the manager. They're all blatantly incorrect decisions in setting the team up, telling them how to play and responding during the game.

It beggars belief. Its so easy.

:thup: This is spot on. Krul was launching it upfield every time he got it. Although it was passed back to him far too often from Dummett whilst under no pressure.

This has always been a bugbear of mine but I put that down to the manager. Schmeichel's throws became a thing of legend under Ferguson, and I'm pretty sure Krul could do the same if he wasn't instructed to boot it long by the Div 1 manager we have bizarrely employed.

Guest Roger Kint

Got to say City only looked in 2nd gear for most of the match, they did what they had to to get the result.

Like I said before the game, they are there for the taking, only not by us. I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose in their next match.

Definitely. About as quiet a game as Yaya will ever have tbh

Many of the best (missed) goal scoring chances are shots off target. Obviously, a shot on target is required to win with the exception of a own goal, but the statistic does not really tell you about the amount of threat a team carried in a match.

It's a pretty good rule of thumb though tbh.

:thup:

What's ambition got to do with it? :lol:

I don't know man, I'm just a forrin.

It's okay to be bang average as long as you are English?

I've said a hundred times there's no viable backup to Santon, who himself is prone to errors. Ultimately I don't want Haidara or Dummett in the side, but Dummett did alright today.

What's ambition got to do with it? :lol:

I don't know man, I'm just a forrin.

It's okay to be bang average as long as you are English?

I've said a hundred times there's no viable backup to Santon, who himself is prone to errors. Ultimately I don't want Haidara or Dummett in the side, but Dummett did alright today.

The abiding memory I've got of Dummett today is him passing back to Tim Krul from the halfway line only for Krul to then welly it long to a City defender, and when he performed a sliding tackle on Clichy about 10 mins after he'd gone past him.

Was it Dummet who should have scored a header?

Aye it was an open goal because Hart came off his line and missed the ball. Dummett jumped a fraction too early and spooned the header over a gaping goal.

Guest Roger Kint

Was it Dummet who should have scored a header?

Free centre of goal 6 yards out. Either timed his jump badly or just didnt do much to direct it but Hart was gone so anything on target was in

Guest thenorthumbrian

Man City can step up from that performance, time will tell if we can.