Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 17/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

- Colback played well but is still an utter cunt who I'll never give my 100% backing to.

- Riviere seriously needs to stop shitting himself when he gets into the final third, although it is obviously early days.

- Cabella looks very promising and was the standout for me.

- Anita was excellent in his role today but AP put and end to that.

- HBA would have made a difference today and would have given us much more impetus in the final third.

- Colo and Williamson were as bad as each other but it seems to be the cool thing to blame Colo at the minute.

- Paul Dummett found his level at St Mirren. Absolutely useless and the shit cunt has a 6 year contract :anguish:

- Gouffran was a handy player when he first arrived and could actually be threatening but it now seems that he has been totally Pardewed and is going to be a player we all grow to hate. Sad really as he started off his NUFC career as a bit of a fan favourite.

- We'll never do anything until AP is out of the club. Zero shots on target. Despite the few positives, we still couldn't manage a solitary shot on target.

Teams that have got points against Man City since December 2010:

Chelsea x5

Liverpool x5

Everton x5

Arsenal x4

sunderland x4

Man Utd x3

Stoke x3

Southampton x2

Norwich x2

Swansea x2

Fulham x2

Aston Villa x2

Cardiff

Birmingham

West Ham

QPR

Spurs

WBA

Still, another defeat to be proud of.

- Colback played well but is still an utter c*** who I'll never give my 100% backing to.

- Riviere seriously needs to stop shitting himself when he gets into the final third, although it is obviously early days.

- HBA would have made a difference today and would have given us much more impetus in the final third.

- Colo and Williamson were as bad as each other but it seems to be the cool thing to blame Colo at the minute.

- Paul Dummett found his level at St Mirren. Absolutely useless and the s*** c*** has a 6 year contract :anguish:

- Gouffran was a handy player when he first arrived and could actually be threatening but it now seems that he has been totally Pardewed and is going to be a player we all grow to hate. Sad really as he started off his NUFC career as a bit of a fan favourite.

- We'll never do anything until AP is out of the club. Zero shots on target. Despite the few positives, we still couldn't manage a solitary shot on target.

Agree with everything apart from the Anita bit and I still say playing him Colback and Sissoko in midfield provides no threat in creating and/or goals. In my opinion out of those three and Tiote only one should play and we should be going full out to get a playmaking central midfield player who can chip in with goals - not going to change though and that's one of may reasons another s*** season beckons.

Colback was tidy and played well, as did Dummett and Cabella. We weren't constantly exposed by Dummett, which in my opinion is a step up from last season.

Janmaat should have tracked better for the first goal, and the second we were hit on the counter.

As sad as it sounds, and it shouldn't be the case, 0-2 was a better result than I expected.  Although, that only shows how far my expectations have fallen in the past five years.

Chelsea x5

Liverpool x5

Everton x5

Arsenal x4

sunderland x4

Man Utd x3

Stoke x3

Southampton x2

Norwich x2

Swansea x2

Fulham x2

Aston Villa x2

Cardiff

Birmingham

West Ham

QPR

Spurs

WBA

Thoroughly bizarre post.

Chelsea x5

Liverpool x5

Everton x5

Arsenal x4

sunderland x4

Man Utd x3

Stoke x3

Southampton x2

Norwich x2

Swansea x2

Fulham x2

Aston Villa x2

Cardiff

Birmingham

West Ham

QPR

Spurs

WBA

Thoroughly bizarre post.

How's that? Loads of our fans seem to think that saying "oh well, it was Man City so we had no chance realistically" makes it acceptable to get rolled over every single time.

There were definitely some positives that we'll take from the game but ultimately we lost and didn't manage a shot on target. The effort was there and certain players had good games but playing well and losing gets you fuck all. Tough fixture to start with admittedly but we still lost. Again.

- Colback played well but is still an utter c*** who I'll never give my 100% backing to.

- Paul Dummett found his level at St Mirren. Absolutely useless and the s*** c*** has a 6 year contract :anguish:

''Colback played well but is still an utter c*** who I'll never give my 100% backing to''.

Why?

''Colback played well but is still an utter c*** who I'll never give my 100% backing to''.

Why?

10390173_10154191750070043_8805386099946418728_n.jpg

Despite the generally good performance, it was the same old shit that leaves a bad taste. The ease at which they scored both their goals when they decided to really attack and the amateur mistakes made to let them in. Fucking Gouffran, man. Obertan on for Anita - What the actual fuck?! Gouffran in to centre midfield despite having a centre midfielder on the bench who has showed some form over the course of a year. Riviere up on his own all game and only Sissoko being any where near. Dummet's not good enough. Krul still belting it and losing possession each time. The length of time Gouffran stayed on. How Perez didn't come on until less than 10 minutes from the end. Set pieces to Moke...

All of these things, all of them, are the sole responsibility of the manager. They're all blatantly incorrect decisions in setting the team up, telling them how to play and responding during the game.

It beggars belief. Its so easy.

Despite the generally good performance, it was the same old s*** that leaves a bad taste. The ease at which they scored both their goals when they decided to really attack and the amateur mistakes made to let them in. f***ing Gouffran, man. Obertan on for Anita - What the actual f***?! Gouffran in to centre midfield despite having a centre midfielder on the bench who has showed some form over the course of a year. Riviere up on his own all game and only Sissoko being any where near. Dummet's not good enough. Krul still belting it and losing possession each time. The length of time Gouffran stayed on. How Perez didn't come on until less than 10 minutes from the end. Set pieces to Moke...

All of these things, all of them, are the sole responsibility of the manager. They're all blatantly incorrect decisions in setting the team up, telling them how to play and responding during the game.

It beggars belief. Its so easy.

:thup: This is spot on. Krul was launching it upfield every time he got it. Although it was passed back to him far too often from Dummett whilst under no pressure.

Seen nothing of the game but it's a bit bizarre seeing all these comments about it being a decent performance when we lost by multiple goals again, at home again, without a single shot on target again. Doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you can't even make their goalkeeper earn his wages once in 90mins+ on your own pitch then what exactly is decent about that? That we didn't lose by more? :lol:

Seen nothing of the game but it's a bit bizarre seeing all these comments about it being a decent performance when we lost by multiple goals again, at home again, without a single shot on target again. Doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you can't even make their goalkeeper earn his wages once in 90mins+ on your own pitch then what exactly is decent about that? That we didn't lose by more? :lol:

Spot on Dave totally bewildering some of the comments on here tonight.

I don't understand the fascination with "on target". A good bit of play meant Sissoko should have scored, and Ayoze's shot looked headed towards the corner if not for heroics from Fernando. Would you rather they lobbed a few at Hart from 30 yards just to improve statistics? Generally, they competed well physically and tested City in the second period.

Guest firetotheworks

I've been wondering the same. It's canny small time imo, it's creeping in more and more. Happy with Charnley not being Kinnear, happy because Colback can pass the ball 5 yards, happy with losing to Man City because we actually tried to score instead of just defend. Happy with no shots on target, shit corners, no one getting in the box, Williamson back post. It's absolutely rotten.