Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Why is this even a thing? Pardew was poor to useless in every way a manager shouldn't be, yes he's on a good run with Palace, just like he did well when he first came here, but that doesn't change what he became. There's no defending him as Manager of Newcastle United, he's a shit manager and will return to form soon enough. Come back and make your "erudite" points this time next year.

He wasn't particularly amazing when he first took over here like, only won 5 of 21 (after the Liverpool game that the players dedicated to Hughton) and went out of the Cup in the third round to Stevenage.

Finished 5th the season after of course.

He wasn't particularly amazing when he first took over here like, only won 5 of 21 (after the Liverpool game that the players dedicated to Hughton) and went out of the Cup in the third round to Stevenage.

Finished 5th the season after of course.

Fair enough, he's still shit like.

My mackem mate has asked if I regret helping Pardew out after seeming Palace over take us. Told him it doesn't matter if he's a blinding success at Palace and they finish top half, the job he done here was desperate.

F'nado Torres (TCD, 2015) is a decent example, was ace at Liverpool, absolutely diabolical at Chelsea. Doesn't mean either set of fans were wrong for forming the world class then dogshit opinions based on what they seen infront of them at the time at the respective clubs.

Pardew is, was, and always has been shit at NUFC. And I am under the belief it will come full circle at Palace eventually. Just a matter of time.

My mackem mate has asked if I regret helping Pardew out after seeming Palace over take us. Told him it doesn't matter if he's a blinding success at Palace and they finish top half, the job he done here was desperate.

F'nado Torres (TCD, 2015) is a decent example, was ace at Liverpool, absolutely diabolical at Chelsea. Doesn't mean either set of fans were wrong for forming the world class then dogshit opinions based on what they seen infront of them at the time at the respective clubs.

Pardew is, was, and always has been shit at NUFC. And I am under the belief it will come full circle at Palace eventually. Just a matter of time.

A good example is a turd. It's a turd, no matter whether it's floating or sinking.

The main source of dissonance between Pardew's reputation inside and outside the North East is the 10th place finish. Its decent to outsiders, but it is not reflective of our performance levels. We lost more games last season than in 08/09 and were regularly battered 3 or 4 nil. We could and should have finished much lower in the table last season. By almost every other metric bar points, whether that be goal difference, goals conceded, goals scored, games lost, we were a poor team. We finished 10th because we had a large number of fortunate wins and because the premier league in general was very poor last season.

Look how similar the two are in most fields. Its uncanny.

http://i.imgur.com/PtKfAX2.png

If he'd stayed we would have finished in the bottom half this season and probably done as bad or worse next season i.e. regressing to the Pardew mean: poor bottom half finishes with a top half budget and squad.

LOL.. one won over twice the amount of games. Are you just going to ignore that little statistic?

Guest Incandenza

The main source of dissonance between Pardew's reputation inside and outside the North East is the 10th place finish. Its decent to outsiders, but it is not reflective of our performance levels. We lost more games last season than in 08/09 and were regularly battered 3 or 4 nil. We could and should have finished much lower in the table last season. By almost every other metric bar points, whether that be goal difference, goals conceded, goals scored, games lost, we were a poor team. We finished 10th because we had a large number of fortunate wins and because the premier league in general was very poor last season.

If he'd stayed we would have finished in the bottom half this season and probably done as bad or worse next season i.e. regressing to the Pardew mean: poor bottom half finishes with a top half budget and squad.

LOL.. one won over twice the amount of games. Are you just going to ignore that little statistic?

Thats my whole point. Our wins were incongruous with our performance.

The main source of dissonance between Pardew's reputation inside and outside the North East is the 10th place finish. Its decent to outsiders, but it is not reflective of our performance levels. We lost morey games last season than in 08/09 and were regularly battered 3 or 4 nil. We could and should have finished much lower in the table last season. By almost every other metric bar points, whether that be goal difference, goals conceded, goals scored, games lost, we were a poor team. We finished 10th because we had a large number of fortunate wins and because the premier league in general was very poor last season.

Isolating one statistic to prove a point is petty to say the least when the other statistics tell the real story.

The real story is the points on the board. It was top 6 form for half the season, then bottom 6 form for the other. That's the whole story.

Went to Old Trafford.. won 1-0 and we deserved it. The reverse fixture, we were awful and got spanked 0-4 or something. Like I mentioned up thread - that's pretty much the nature of that season. We were not lucky in the first half of that season. It mirrored the 5th season in many ways....

We squeaked many results marginally, unconvincingly, and often undeservedly during the good runs including the season we were 5th.  What's your point? 

Playing like that, your luck always runs out.  Part of the reason people talk about the style of play, other than it being almost unbearable to watch.

Rudderless.  f***ing class tbh, great premise for a film and surprised I'd never heard of it.  On UK Netflix. :thup:

Been playing on my mind much of the day, this.  What a good film.

Polic just talks to himself these days.

:lol: Sorry, I was talking to the shit Ronaldo.

College Dropout - why have you started taking yourself so seriously recently?  A glance at your earlier posts seems to suggest you were quite humble and normal.

I'm aware of the stats. I don't believe the good results where unconvincing or undeserved despite slim margins on the whole.

Aye. We deserved 5th that season and Pardew deserved Manager of the Year.

The same way we deserved being nowt but a mid-table clobber of a side and he deserved the stick and criticism he got the rest of the time.

Guest Roger Kint

The real story is the points on the board. It was top 6 form for half the season, then bottom 6 form for the other. That's the whole story.

That half a season was mainly down to the second quarter 9 games where we won 7 and drew 1. We actually only beat Fulham(lucky) Villa & Cardiff in the first 9 games and we all know how pathetic the final half was. Its hard to praise a manager when the only good period is a small sample of the season.