Off that TF Faceys page:

Matches this season with Tiote. P4 W0 D2 L2

WITHOUT Tiote. P11 W7 D3 L2

Matches with Williamson P9 W1 D4 L4

WITHOUT Williamson P7 W6 D1 L0

Matches with Gouffran P11 W1 D4 L5

WITHOUT P6 W5 D1 L0

Am I missing something?

Just a look at the changing  performance over his half seasons. So back half of 10/11 then each subsequent half season.

The trendlines are quite clear for goals scored and games lost.

Not sure at what point stability is supposed to reverse the tend.

But aye, theyre on @mikeashleylies timeline too.

B3xYsWfCMAAkqv7.png

Are there any other examples to compare?

Looking at stability and the lack of evidence for the benefit.  The notion that after 10 years of mid-table stability a manager will then shoot up the league is bogus.

Any long serving manager tends to peak within 5 years and maintain that level or be sacked when they drop off.

The worst part of that for me was feeling the pain of losing again.

The worst part for me is that I don't feel any pain losing. 5 wins on the bounce meant nothing to me because we've seen this all before.

Aye...

Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul has been ruled out for up to six weeks with an ankle injury.

The Netherlands international suffered ligament damage during training ahead of Saturday's 1-0 defeat at West Ham.

Rob Elliot deputised at Upton Park and is now set for an extended run in the side.

Manager Alan Pardew confirmed the news at a press conference ahead of Tuesday's Premier League trip to Burnley.

Krul is expected to miss a string of key fixtures including a Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland, as well as a Capital One Cup quarter-final at Tottenham.

More to follow.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9588529/premier-league-newcastle-goalkeeper-tim-krul-facing-six-week-lay-off-with-ankle-injury

B3xYsWfCMAAkqv7.png

Are there any other examples to compare?

Looking at stability and the lack of evidence for the benefit.  The notion that after 10 years of mid-table stability a manager will then shoot up the league is bogus.

Any long serving manager tends to peak within 5 years and maintain that level or be sacked when they drop off.

Super-small sample size so it probably doesn't matter, but the trend seems to be that stability results not in higher league position but rather in more consistent league position.