Crystal Palace manager

Mick

It'll be the Sun or something, the Standard is too respectable for that.

It should be illegal to use the words 'newcy brown' as well. :anguish:

Does anybody up here call it newcy brown? I have never heard it called that once :lol:

No, I've only ever heard people from the home counties called it that. It's awful.

It'll be the Sun or something, the Standard is too respectable for that.

It should be illegal to use the words 'newcy brown' as well. :anguish:

Does anybody up here call it newcy brown? I have never heard it called that once :lol:

No, I've only ever heard people from the home counties called it that. It's awful.

They also use it in the Excited States of America.

To be fair he's done a great job.  He took the team who finished 10th last season and left them in ... 10th and he's taken the team who finished 11th last season and has them in ... 11th.

Took a team 18th when he took over, to 11th.

His PL win-rate with Palace is 60%. That's CL contention over a season.

Pretending he hasn't done a good job so far at Palace makes you look silly and petty.

He has Bolasie and Zaha basically.

When he was hired I believe Murray was on loan in the Championship. He's brought him back and he's scoring in the PL.

Puncheon clearly has a bad relationship with Warnock and he's a very important player for them. He's got the best out of his main 4 attackers so far.

Bollocks, pretending that his performance with Newcastle makes you look foolish and contrarian.  He is hardly the first manager to take over a club and start with a strong set of results.  Take Glen Roeder  for us.  You can't take the form of a manager just stepping into a club on the basis of about 12 matches and put him forward as manager of the season.

It's classic idiot's guide to appearing knowledgable, see what others are saying and say the opposite.  But what can be expected from the "most erudite poster on the forum".

To be fair that Palace side is basically Pardew's wet dream, perfectly suited to his one and only style of play. If he keeps it together then the people expecting him to get them relegated are going to be disappointed, they won't progress too much but they aren't going down either there's too much shite down there for it to happen.

We're going to have to wait until the inevitable England appointment before we finally witness the fallout.

People talk about breaking points, their "if that happens I'll be done with the club/football"... that there is about as close as I'd get to the point, I think. If Pardew is this season's best manager - if fate could allow that to actually be the case - I see next to nothing left that the game can offer me (taking into account the state of NUFC as well). I would feel such a vast injustice that I probably couldn't continue investing any emotion whatsoever any more.

Bollocks, pretending that his performance with Newcastle makes you look foolish and contrarian.  He is hardly the first manager to take over a club and start with a strong set of results.  Take Glen Roeder  for us.  You can't take the form of a manager just stepping into a club on the basis of about 12 matches and put him forward as manager of the season.

It's classic idiot's guide to appearing knowledgable, see what others are saying and say the opposite.  But what can be expected from the "most erudite poster on the forum".

Why so angry?

I didn't mention his performance for Newcastle once. His performance for Palace - so far - has been very good. What is there to argue about?

Manager of the season is a stretch but he's had a superb start with Palace and he left us in a decent position in the table. That can't be argued. So people will mention him for that award.

Koeman aside there isn't an outstanding candidate this season. This season has been great for Pardew's PR. Had a poor start, looked a defeated. Went on a great run with us (and it was great) to get us stable in the league. Just before the wheels fell off again he left and skyrockets the fortune of his former club.

Listen to some on here, he's John Carver with 0 ability as a manager. Which isn't true. In the right situation, he can look a good manager. It's when the wheels fall off at some point, so will his arse.

Guest Roger Kint

So they beat a woefully out of form West Ham, a slightly fortunate win v Spurs in his first home game and Stoke and he deserves MOTY? Only other league wins were against the bottom three iirc. He has done slightly better than expected but thats about it, hardly worth going daft over.

Guest firetotheworks

It's just about possible he's learned his lesson TBF, although unlikely.

Oh Ian. Sweet, sweet Ian.