Crystal Palace manager

Mick

:thup:

Too many people without the courage in their own convictions. Same with Obertan. People think you're fucking mental now if you say he's still shit.

If you're gonna be wrong about something, be wrong. But don't change your mind after every fixture.

Absolutely bang on.

Obertan will never amount to anything, Sissoko will never turn into a thinker and AP will always be a cunt.

If people want to believe otherwise on the back of a few results then thats up to them, I'll stick with a more long term view based on their previous though.

These good Sissoko performances must be killing you.

Not at all. My main complaint about him has always been his lack of intelligence. I've never doubted his physical strength/ability to run.

He should be a fuck load more productive though and would be with a brain.

If you get frustrated by him you must fucking despise the rest of the team given he's regularly the only one capable of driving the team forward and doing anything out of the ordinary.

There's not many of our midfielders/attackers I rate too highly if that's what you mean. Sissoko frustrates me more than most because he has the ability to get in the right places but, too often, his head lets him down.

I'll not change from this viewpoint after a few decent performances.

Classic case of if he had those attributes, he wouldn't have come here for £2m. I think he's our best player tbh.

The £2m was more to do with us taking advantage of his contractual status though. There was interest from other clubs but he probably joined us because at the time we doing pretty well and he was thinking of Cabaye/HBA etc.

If he had the brain of a Solano, he'd be incredible.

None of our players have the brain of Solano though so to get annoyed by this guy because he doesn't when others contribute fuck all nearly every match is beyond my comprehension tbh.

None of our other players get into those positions, nor is it frankly their jobs to do it to the extent of Sissoko whose stats are pretty shit for an attacking midfielder.

Guest RJberger

And if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

Poor mans Yaya Toure for me, but lacking the vision and end product ofc ( perhaps a rich mans Sammy be a better example...)

The problem you have is you've had this little good run now - four games or whatever it is - yet the rest of the football world (including your chairman, I suspect) will see that as incontrovertible evidence that Pardew is doing a great job.

I noticed some comments today already - "hurr hurr, those Pardew Out signs will be disappearing", which has an undertone of "you were all fucking nuts to want him out in the first place, look how good he is"

It is not at all unlike our first four matches of the season, in which the exact same things were said about Lambert, and it bought him time, too.

Then we go on a five match, 15-0 losing run, but nobody outside the club thinks about that, they're all thinking about that decent four game run we had (whilst ignoring the fact that we managed four shots on goal in that same run, and got knocked out of the Capital One Cup at home to Orient).

Sadly, almost the entirety of the football world is made up of utter fucking idiots who just want to read things which fit the "script" they have in their head.

I'm both happy for you that you've had some good results, yet sad, as I know what the flip side of it all is, and how infuriating it'll be for you.

Nailed it Brummie.

I think the saddest thing for yourself has to be with Villa not important enough anymore for regular discussion that without being bottom of the league or chinning a fan Lambert is golden because 'his hands are tied' or 'did a good job at Norwich, look where they are now'.

Anyone else feel worse now than two weeks ago?  :lol:

We were on the precipise of getting rid of this cunt and then four wins on the bounce comes along to cement his position. I'm raging here like  :lol: ffs.

That's the thing.

Raging vs four wins on the bounce.

That's why I am thinking whether I'd like us to win or draw versus lose by 5 tomorrow in terms of the bigger picture.

Wanting the team I've supported for 40 years, and which is in trouble, to lose heavily. Fucking hell.

The problem you have is you've had this little good run now - four games or whatever it is - yet the rest of the football world (including your chairman, I suspect) will see that as incontrovertible evidence that Pardew is doing a great job.

I noticed some comments today already - "hurr hurr, those Pardew Out signs will be disappearing", which has an undertone of "you were all f***ing nuts to want him out in the first place, look how good he is"

It is not at all unlike our first four matches of the season, in which the exact same things were said about Lambert, and it bought him time, too.

Then we go on a five match, 15-0 losing run, but nobody outside the club thinks about that, they're all thinking about that decent four game run we had (whilst ignoring the fact that we managed four shots on goal in that same run, and got knocked out of the Capital One Cup at home to Orient).

Sadly, almost the entirety of the football world is made up of utter f***ing idiots who just want to read things which fit the "script" they have in their head.

I'm both happy for you that you've had some good results, yet sad, as I know what the flip side of it all is, and how infuriating it'll be for you.

Football is a closed shop these days and nobody wants to rock the boat and that includes those getting paid to report on the game.  They are all getting well paid and they are more than happy for the status quo to remain and it stinks.  It's far too sterile and frauds like Pardew are given a far too easy ride and even the locals who have been banned seem to want to crawl back into bed with the shitty club that it now is.

Nailed it Brummie.

I think the saddest thing for yourself has to be with Villa not important enough anymore for regular discussion that without being bottom of the league or chinning a fan Lambert is golden because 'his hands are tied' or 'did a good job at Norwich, look where they are now'.

Our incarnation of the last four years is one of biding time until we go down. Not because the owner is a cunt - he isn't, he has spent a lot of money. The problem is that the owner is two things, uninterested and utterly, utterly incompetent.

What is shocking, too, is seeing the gradual wearing down of expectations of the fans. "Maybe we can nick a point at West Ham", that sort of thing. FFS.

Honestly, I think I hate almost all our supporters. Passive fucking sheep.

In fact, that probably counts for most football supporters full stop these days.

None of our players have the brain of Solano though so to get annoyed by this guy because he doesn't when others contribute f*** all nearly every match is beyond my comprehension tbh.

None of our other players get into those positions, nor is it frankly their jobs to do it to the extent of Sissoko whose stats are pretty s*** for an attacking midfielder.

We work on the attacking side of our game for 1 day a week, it's no wonder our movement is generally shite more often than not.  Give this squad a positive manager and you would see a totally different game.

We were on the precipise of getting rid of this cunt and then four wins on the bounce comes along to cement his position. I'm raging here like  :lol: ffs.

I'm 50/50 I've got admit. I enjoyed today but didn't the last two. The way I'm looking at it now is that if nowt else, this cunt staying is given me £500 to spend on something better next year.

Can't believe he's even still here, after all this. The cunt is bulletproof.

Nailed it Brummie.

Our incarnation of the last four years is one of biding time until we go down. Not because the owner is a cunt - he isn't, he has spent a lot of money. The problem is that the owner is two things, uninterested and utterly, utterly incompetent.

What is shocking, too, is seeing the gradual wearing down of expectations of the fans. "Maybe we can nick a point at West Ham", that sort of thing. FFS.

In fact, that probably counts for most football supporters full stop these days.

I think you'll find it's the best league in the world, so good that 12 teams are battling to stay up and nothing else. Fucking pathetic - getting to the point when I look forward to the bubble bursting.

We were on the precipise of getting rid of this c*** and then four wins on the bounce comes along to cement his position. I'm raging here like  :lol: ffs.

That's the thing.

That's why I am thinking whether I'd like us to win or draw versus lose by 5 tomorrow in terms of the bigger picture.

Wanting the team I've supported for 40 years, and which is in trouble, to lose heavily. f***ing hell.

yeah, some SUPPORTer you are  :idiot2:

:lol: I can't fucking believe what's happened. Feel like an asshole being upset that the team has been playing well, but at the same time you get glimpses of what this collection of players could potentially be under a better manager and it's unbelievably frustrating.

Nailed it Brummie.

I think you'll find it's the best league in the world, so good that 12 teams are battling to stay up and nothing else. Fucking pathetic - getting to the point when I look forward to the bubble bursting.

When the money just for being in it is so big, and when the gap between those who compete for the CL and those who don't is so big, it just becomes a great mass of clubs who are happy not to get booted off the easy money roundabout of the PL.

That's one reason why we have this sort of football management equivalent of eating at Yo Sushi.

There's a belt going round and round with utterly fucking mediocre managers on it, the likes of Pardew, Lambert, Bruce, Harry Fucking Redknapp, these people who are basically fucking frauds.

They get taken off the belt, do an OK job somewhere for a few years (i.e. not get relegated) then get sacked, get back on the belt, start going round and round again, get taken off again by some other total mug of a chairman.

From one million pound a year job to another, and most of them have never even won anything.

I don't care about top players and managers getting top money in this league. It isn't the likes of Rooney and Yaya Toure getting 200k a week that worries me, and it isn't the thought of people like Mourinho getting paid obscene amounts of money, it is the huge numbers of truly mediocre players on 40k a week, and managers who are basically just media figureheads without the first idea of coaching or actual management, picking up 20 or 30k a week on long contracts, getting sacked, then getting their contracts paid up.

So many utterly shit "professionals" just on a never ending easy ride.

That's the thing.

Wanting the team I've supported for 40 years, and which is in trouble, to lose heavily. Fucking hell.

I'm all about the bigger picture that's why I am begging for an end to Ashley's control over our club. If the start to this season has shown me anything its that deep down I know that until Ashley sells up I can never get back to enjoying my football club as I have done for the past 20 years. We could beat the top six on the bounce but it means little to me because there is no heart in the club anymore. In the short term I was certain that 2 more defeats would have seen the back of Pardew and that's what makes this run all the more galling.

Nailed it Brummie.

When the money just for being in it is so big, and when the gap between those who compete for the CL and those who don't is so big, it just becomes a great mass of clubs who are happy not to get booted off the easy money roundabout of the PL.

That's one reason why we have this sort of football management equivalent of eating at Yo Sushi.

There's a belt going round and round with utterly fucking mediocre managers on it, the likes of Pardew, Lambert, Bruce, Harry Fucking Redknapp, these people who are basically fucking frauds.

They get taken off the belt, do an OK job somewhere for a few years (i.e. not get relegated) then get sacked, get back on the belt, start going round and round again, get taken off again by some other total mug of a chairman.

From one million pound a year job to another, and most of them have never even won anything.

I don't care about top players and managers getting top money in this league. It isn't the likes of Rooney and Yaya Toure getting 200k a week that worries me, and it isn't the thought of people like Mourinho getting paid obscene amounts of money, it is the huge numbers of truly mediocre players on 40k a week, and managers who are basically just media figureheads without the first idea of coaching or actual management, picking up 20 or 30k a week on long contracts, getting sacked, then getting their contracts paid up.

:thup: couldn't agree more fella.

That's the thing.

I'm all about the bigger picture that's why I am begging for an end to Ashley's control over our club. If the start to this season has shown me anything its that deep down I know that until Ashley sells up I can never get back to enjoying my football club as I have done for the past 20 years. We could beat the top six on the bounce but it means little to me because there is no heart in the club anymore. In the short term I was certain that 2 more defeats would have seen the back of Pardew and that's what makes this run all the more galling.

I feel your pain pedro.

Is anyone labouring under the delusion that even if he stayed on this run and continued to climb the table, if a European spot was within reach, that he/they wouldn't either nobble the squad in January or just basically start throwing games? The chances of this cunt qualifying for Europe and putting his inability to manage a club in midweek under the spotlight again is zero.

Nailed it Brummie.

So many :thup: