Crystal Palace manager

Mick

We've seen it before. He stumbles his way onto a new formation or a starting lineup which seems to actually work and we go on a decent run. As soon as we have a defeat or two he'll revert back to playing Gouffran every game and our best players out of position.

This t*** has the run of several decent matches based on the fact this squad is pretty strong.

Thing is though we should be top six easy with the players we have... Pardew does not have a relegation squad, he has a Europa League squad so what he's doing isn't great at all. Still an absolute p*ss manager who we'll never get rid off. I don't even bother watching the matches now because of the supporters who helped ruin this club annoying the f*** out of me.

11th to 14th with occasional victory over Man City and the like is what fans are happy with and is what Pardew can provide at his best... Little point in football for me anymore until he leaves.

Top 6 easy? You are fucking mental lad.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

The world is slowly going mad:

Leicester at home - we were rubbish and it was an awful, awful game. They just happened to be worse

Spurs away - one of the worst first halves by NUFC I've ever seen, ever, ever, ever, ever. Spurs decided to stop at half-time

Man City away - played alright

Liverpool at home - an awful game of football that neither side deserved to win, and we score due to a defensive mistake

So, in summary we're still rubbish, we've just been lucky. Reminds me of the season we finished 5th - play crap, get lucky. The problem is, as long as we win our fans completely forget about the preceding 90 minutes. Mental. Look at the Rangers fans, they're already going militant against Ashley and have done more in a month than our fanbase have in the 5 years he's been in charge. Fan rant over.

If I was in charge I'd still sack Pardew in a heartbeat.

I'd still sack him if we finish in europe. Amazing how many pundits forget this is the man who headbutted a player and embarrassed himself insulting a respected manager. Pardew can get the team playing well but he is pretty much guaranteed to go on at least one extended run of awful results every season as he doesn't know how to turn things around without flukes. He will also sap creativity out the side. When playing well we can be ok to watch but never better. I want a manager to produce better football and want to bring in players with flair. Pardew will never be that and we're always one step away from disaster.

This is not to say I don't give him any credit, he's got us looking much better defensively these last few games and has started playing people more on merit. He's still not the man I want representing our club.

Howay man, we played better than 'alright' against City

We did but it was a classic underdog performance. We've been very similar in the last week to the fixtures that kept the mackems up at the end of last season, wins at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford, and they should have won at the Etihad too.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Ok, maybe that wording was overly negative re: the City game. The basic point remains valid, though. We've won 4 on the bounce whilst still playing horrid football, and we could quite conceivably have lost 3 out of those four. The press say we've turned a corner, but I totally disagree. We're still playing with the same method that failed terribly in the second half of last season - try not to concede and hope we get lucky via some individual brilliance of mistakes from the opposition

Ok, maybe that wording was overly negative re: the City game. The basic point remains valid, though. We've won 4 on the bounce whilst still playing horrid football, and we could quite conceivably have lost 3 out of those four. The press say we've turned a corner, but I totally disagree. We're still playing with the same method that failed terribly in the second half of last season - try not to concede and hope we get lucky via some individual brilliance of mistakes from the opposition

We're still deeply average, but we are a bit better. Mainly down to confidence I would say.

I think there has been a pretty marked change in the football  we've been playing - we've been commiting more players forward and playing fewer long balls (probably due to the absence of Williamson more than anything else). You only have to look at the positions that Dummett and Janmaat found themselves in to see that the shackles had been released a bit.

Doesn't make Pardew a tactical genius by any stretch - he's done what he should have done a year ago. It's taken the worst run in nufc history for him to make the obvious change.

Guest firetotheworks

Cunt doing the walk of shame over the Millennium Bridge half an hour ago. More black/leather than the Undertaker. Arsehole.

I think what we're all wondering is, why didn't you deck him? Or even just roll your shirt up to mid-bicep?

I think there has been a pretty marked change in the football  we've been playing - we've been commiting more players forward and playing fewer long balls (probably due to the absence of Williamson more than anything else). You only have to look at the positions that Dummett and Janmaat found themselves in to see that the shackles had been released a bit.

Doesn't make Pardew a tactical genius by any stretch - he's done what he should have done a year ago. It's taken the worst run in nufc history for him to make the obvious change.

At a quick glance, that's not backed up at all statistically.

Janmaat's natural game is to bomb forward, I don't think Pardew could stop him if he tried. As for committing more players forward, I'm not seeing that.

We don't get many forward, too often under Pardew someone breaks forward and finds no support, or almost always our striker is incredibly isolated. He's reliant on the few players actually in the attack to do 'a bit of magic' and not having enough people there that scoring is actually easier than missing. It means that when in form and our forwards are clinical we can do well and defend in numbers, but when low on confidence our forward line is always completely anemic.

I think we're just playing younger, pacier players with a point to prove tbh.  Can't see much of a change in style at all.

:thup:

Suits us to have played 3 teams who've looked fairly disinterested whilst our kids are still racing round brimming with enthusiasm.

I think we're just playing younger, pacier players with a point to prove tbh.  Can't see much of a change in style at all.

Suits us to have played 3 teams who've looked fairly disinterested whilst our kids are still racing round brimming with enthusiasm.

It's given me a bit more interest tbf, now we know the manager's safe as houses for the time being.  Can't help getting a bit of a thrill seeing the likes of Perez, Abeid and Aarons coming in, doing well and looking capable of being good players.  I expected nowt from any of them this season.  Getting to the stage where I know I'll watch every game so I need to take any small pleasure I can get so that it's not a complete and utter waste of time.

Cunt doing the walk of shame over the Millennium Bridge half an hour ago. More black/leather than the Undertaker. Arsehole.

I think what we're all wondering is, why didn't you deck him? Or even just roll your shirt up to mid-bicep?

Because I was 150 miles away.

Same style but with players that are simply more suited to it. As long as he doesn't fuck around with the current starting formation too much, we'll probably have just enough about us to keep the momentum going over the next month. He's a very lucky man.

Guest firetotheworks

Because I was 150 miles away.

Pff, shit excuse.

Confident the good run will continue with a point if not victory over West Brom and a home win against QPR  the following matchday

All that relegation talk was just scaremongering by the extreme branch of the anti-Pardew brigade - love Pardew or loathe him, he will never get this team relegated

Confident the good run will continue with a point if not victory over West Brom and a home win against QPR  the following matchday

All that relegation talk was just scaremongering by the extreme branch of the anti-Pardew brigade - love Pardew or loathe him, he will never get this team relegated

http://troll.me/images/full-retard/you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg