Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest neesy111

Deserves credit for his more positive approach to games in the last week.  Will never like him, but the pressure he was under seems to have cracked into some necessary changes.

Post match interview key points.

Disciplined from the back 4, dummett kept Sterling quiet, was a blow to lose Obertan could be serious. very proud of the players. Ayoze took a chance and took his goal well. Surprised to see Liverpool play 3 at the back, tactic was to his them on the counter with our pace. Talked about Bobby Robson saying sometimes you need a tin hat to do this job. When its bad, its bad but when its good, its good.

He's been doing an outstanding job recently, don't have a clue how but the players look ready to die on the pitch if its what it will take.

Beating a load of rubbish 1-0, 1-2 and 1-0 isn't outstanding.

Isn't it sad that people, me included, can't get excited by our best string of results in years.

Does deserve some kudos for the last week to be fair, you can say that Spurs, City and Liverpool have had bad days all you like but our lot deserve a lot of credit for not making things easy for them and then being able to get the result.

We have some very exciting young talent. Aarons, Abeid, Perez and Sammy have all impressed, and our team has some cracking pace in it at the moment and look a lot more threatening going forward than we have in quite some time.

Sadly I think we all know how this is most likely to play out though. We'll lose a game with the young lads having a bad day and quick as a flash we'll have the likes of Gouffran and Tiote back in the team, immovable again no matter how poorly they play. The young lads who'll need encouragement and support more than ever will be back in the reserves picking up the odd sub appearance for the first team now and again and ultimately they'll have the hunger and enthusiasm drained from them by their manager.

I'd love to be wrong about this, I really would. It's never too late, Alan. Grow some balls.

Disciplined from the back 4, dummett kept Sterling quiet, was a blow to lose Obertan could be serious. very proud of the players. Ayoze took a chance and took his goal well. Surprised to see Liverpool play 3 at the back, tactic was to his them on the counter with our pace. Talked about Bobby Robson saying sometimes you need a tin hat to do this job. When its bad, its bad but when its good, its good.

Such a cunt. There was a reason it was rarely good until recently. What a plank.

Deserves credit for his more positive approach to games in the last week.  Will never like him, but the pressure he was under seems to have cracked into some necessary changes.

I think the Sack Pardew people deserve credit- but for that campaign Im not certain things would have changed.

I think the Sack Pardew people deserve credit- but for that campaign Im not certain things would have changed.

I agree with this, even if the end goal hasn't yet been achieved, it's certainly served a positive purpose.

I agree with this, even if the end goal hasn't yet been achieved, it's certainly served a positive purpose.

Yep- the positive attacking football we are seeing- is Because of SACk pardew.com- well played whoever they are.

Guest neesy111

We did our frequent trick of boring the arse out of everyone for 70 minutes then did well the last 20 tbf.  Positive attacking football.

Reminded me of the chelsea game last season.

Such a cunt. There was a reason it was rarely good until recently. What a plank.

And he did see the back from the dead banner. :lol:

Decent win against a miserable Liverpool side, minor credits to Pardew for picking Abeid, throwing Rolando on, and dropping Gouffran.

But still, we've been here before. Yet another win where we sit back at home, look to hit on the break, and hope the rub of the green favors us because we're unable to create anything until the opposition start pushing forward and we start being more effective on the break. It worked today, Moreno's blunder setting up a goal for Aoyze (i.e. standard Pardew scrappy lucky goal favoring us), and Liverpool were pretty damn awful. But it's important to note that it was Liverpool taking the game to us that opened the game up, not the other way around - for 60+ minutes the game was about as dull as you can get because we were content to just sit back and let them come onto us.

So as has always been the case when we've been in good "form" scraping these kinds of results, this way of playing is not sustainable. It's overly reliant on the opposition being s*** and unable to take advantage of being invited to attack, and furthermore wastes the talent we clearly do have. There's alot a good manager could work with to fashion and hone a team that can maintain useful possession and create chances - we really have the squad to be a pretty decent/formidable upper mid table side.

But again, we all know this as we've seen this all before under Pardew.

He's been doing an outstanding job recently, don't have a clue how but the players look ready to die on the pitch if its what it will take.

Only doing what everyone has been saying forever. Does that make it outstanding?

Yep- the positive attacking football we are seeing- is Because of SACk pardew.com- well played whoever they are.

Aye, right on the ball them lads.

We did our frequent trick of boring the arse out of everyone for 70 minutes then did well the last 20 tbf.  Positive attacking football.

Reminded me of the chelsea game last season.

Yep.

I think it was Liverpools trick today like.

They're awful at the minute, our only tactic against superior (on paper) opposition always involves making long stretches of the game unwatchable.

Guest neesy111

I thought we were better in the first half than the second.

Last 20 mins was our best spell, liverpool dominated the earlier part of the half.

Decent win against a miserable Liverpool side, minor credits to Pardew for picking Abeid, throwing Rolando on, and dropping Gouffran.

But still, we've been here before. Yet another win where we sit back at home, look to hit on the break, and hope the rub of the green favors us because we're unable to create anything until the opposition start pushing forward and we start being more effective on the break. It worked today, Moreno's blunder setting up a goal for Aoyze (i.e. standard Pardew scrappy lucky goal favoring us), and Liverpool were pretty damn awful. But it's important to note that it was Liverpool taking the game to us that opened the game up, not the other way around - for 60+ minutes the game was about as dull as you can get because we were content to just sit back and let them come onto us.

So as has always been the case when we've been in good "form" scraping these kinds of results, this way of playing is not sustainable. It's overly reliant on the opposition being s*** and unable to take advantage of being invited to attack, and furthermore wastes the talent we clearly do have. There's alot a good manager could work with to fashion and hone a team that can maintain useful possession and create chances - we really have the squad to be a pretty decent/formidable upper mid table side.

But again, we all know this as we've seen this all before under Pardew.

I dislike Pardew's style of play but the reasons you've highlighted are poor. There's nothing wrong with being a counter-attacking team, it's just that we are a counter-attacking team in the most basic fashion. Reliant on tired legs and the game getting stretched late on.

But at least half the games will have teams that want to take the game to us & there's a lot of poor teams in the division.