Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Pardew was complicit with everything bad which happened while he was here to such an extent that he would back the club (Ashley and Llambias)  in public.  That alone puts him in a shit league of his own.

Was ranting and raving away to my sister's bf (Arsenal fan) about the state of Newcastle. I said we might not be the worst team in the league, but could he tell me a single other club that actively scoffs at success, purely running the place as a business.

"Arsenal," he says.

Sigh.

Was ranting and raving away to my sister's bf (Arsenal fan) about the state of Newcastle. I said we might not be the worst team in the league, but could he tell me a single other club that actively scoffs at success, purely running the place as a business.

"Arsenal," he says.

Sigh.

Have experienced the same. Had a long argument with an Irish Liverpool supporting colleague about how bad Pardew was only to be told 'No-one was as bad as (four months) Hodgson.' The delusion of people man.

"Arsenal," he says.

Sigh.

Arsenal are hugely expensive to watch, have won next to nowt in a decade and the manager is unsackable in a way that just wouldn't happen at Manu, city or Chelsea. If you're a ST holder there and you see nothing really changing yet the club still performing very well financially then I think you've got room for complaint. The lesson for me of the Pardew years is we shouldn't really tell another set of fans how to feel about their club, unless you're living it you don't really understand iyam

Arsenal are underachieving and over-prioritising profit and loss in a sense but the obvious response to that idiot is to point out they won a cup less than a year ago and are likely to win one again this season.

Arsenal are underachieving and over-prioritising profit and loss in a sense but the obvious response to that idiot is to point out they won a cup less than a year ago and are likely to win one again this season.

The way they are positioned, they should be challenging for league titles & going deep into the CL. They've been under achieving for a good while. Winning a couple trophies is the bare minimum they should be looking at achieving.

JFK was terrible.

Shearer was terrible.

Dalglish terrible.

Allardyce, Pardew and co. in that pile of "not good enough". Pardew might have felt worse because of his Teflon Don status.

Guest firetotheworks

What was it, a 9 place drop in the league? A 180 in playing style. It wasn't all his fault but he along with Souness were responsible for the biggest drops in performance our side has ever had.

For me, Pardew is a 4 year Roeder/Big Sam.

Dalglish was dog shit, but the football was a world away from the crap that Pardew served up. The only thing Pardew has over Dalglish is that Dalglish was allowed to buy crap players wholesale and Pardew wasn't.

Dalglish worse than Pardew. :lol: I've seen it all now. I hated Dalglish, but Jesus Christ.

Isn't he the only other manager to steer us into a CL spot in our entire history?

Now that was built off Keegan's hard work. It was Keegan's team and he only managed that team for 6 months to get them 2nd again. I wouldn't have that near the 5th season.

He then sold said team and replaced him with his old mates from Liverpool & Stuart Pearce is the most unforgivable spree in history next to Souness selling the Bobby side and replacing them with Michael Owen, Boumsong and Albert Luque.

What was it, a 9 place drop in the league? A 180 in playing style. It wasn't all his fault but he along with Souness were responsible for the biggest drops in performance our side has ever had.

Dalglish was dog s***, but the football was a world away from the crap that Pardew served up. The only thing Pardew has over Dalglish is that Dalglish was allowed to buy crap players wholesale and Pardew wasn't.

Well he did takeover a title challenging side.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe that I'm being put in a position where I feel the need to stick up for Kenny Dalglish. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Dalglish was dog s***, but the football was a world away from the crap that Pardew served up. The only thing Pardew has over Dalglish is that Dalglish was allowed to buy crap players wholesale and Pardew wasn't.

What's your point? If Pardew had have been given free reign over transfers in the way that Dalglish was we'd have almost certainly been relegated in 11/12 or 13/14.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe that I'm being put in a position where I feel the need to stick up for Kenny Dalglish. :lol:

This is how I feel about Alan Pardew. I don't support the mans period here at all and i'm glad he's gone.

Of course it is. That'll be why you've been talking about it non-stop for weeks. It's been explained at length why he's the absolute worst, but you still think  'he's done a good job at Palace' holds any truth and is in any way a valid argument to people with 4 years experience in the broad spectrum of his both huge and nuanced shitness.

What's your point? If Pardew had have been given free reign over transfers in the way that Dalglish was we'd have almost certainly been relegated in 11/12 or 13/14.

That neither happened. Dalglish did drop a side 11 places in the league all by himself. With the freedom to make his own moves.

Pardew has a 60% winning record at Palace, he's done well so far. It's a separate issue to our own past with him. Which I believe given the circumstances - was a bare bones job with large streaks of good and poor form. That's it. I don't expect a new manager to do considerably better unless the circumstances change. I don't consider doing a Swansea - a considerable improvement and that's the best I can see for us with who is in charge and the managers we have been linked with.

Guest firetotheworks

You're right, next season I reckon Palace will win the league actually. Everything else that we know about him is a separate issue, we should forget everything that we know, the myriad of experiences that we have with him and look at it with fresh, contradictory hindsight based on his first 12 games with Crystal Palace.

You're like I was every time my ex told me she'd changed.

Guest firetotheworks

I've projected nothing. I've seen you bang on about his 60% win rate and then say that that's Title Winning Form. You've just said he's done well so far and that his time with us was a 'separate issue'. You've just said that his circumstances here was a job on bare bones. Those are things you've just said, all apparently whilst not wanting to defend him.

You're now saying that if he's allowed to get his own players in he'll keep them up again, that's fair enough if you think that, but this form right now isn't anything to use as a standard candle. His career has been in the main him being a shit manager and a cunt of a person and that was what we got for 4 years. Nothing you're going to say will bring it into the realm of a reasoned debate, because to do so gives him 100% more credit than our experience tells us he deserves.

I've projected nothing. I've seen you bang on about his 60% win rate and then say that that's Title Winning Form. You've just said he's done well so far

That's where it starts and stops. Doing well so far. Is that hard to understand.

that his time with us was a 'separate issue'. You've just said that his circumstances here was a job on bare bones. Those are things you've just said, all apparently whilst not wanting to defend him.

I'm not defending him because he's not good enough to be Newcastle United manager. To be Ashley's puppet and achieve the bare-minimum Ashley wants? He's just about good enough for that imo. Carver isn't. I expect McLaren would be a marginal improvement.

You're now saying that if he's allowed to get his own players in he'll keep them up again, that's fair enough if you think that, but this form right now isn't anything to use as a standard candle. His career has been in the main him being a s*** manager and a c*** of a person and that was what we got for 4 years. Nothing you're going to say will bring it into the realm of a reasoned debate, because to do so gives him 100% more credit than our experience tells us he deserves.

Like i've mentioned, the 60% win rate is CL form. I don't expect him to keep anything close to that next season. I've never said that once. He's a manager capable of over achieving and under achieving massively. Even in the same season. In the long-term he'll fail or get sacked in a relation battle or relegation. I'm certain of that. But for as long as 18 months, he may do a good job. Because he does have a modicum of ability.