Crystal Palace manager

Mick

After skimming TCD's recent guff, I looked back in this thread to see what he had to say about Pardew back when he was doing his "best" with us. Skimming a good 20-30 pages or so from a few different days, I couldn't find a single post from him. I deride two things from that: 1) Halcyon days for the forum because he kept his fat fingers away from a thread and 2) he probably always was a Pardew supporter, and the worst kind who pipes down when he was breaking terrible records left, right and centre and now pops up to tell us how he "wasn't all that bad".

The problem is this forum is incredibly hostile to ideas that break with the status quo opinions of a few key posters, and for a good while any post even lightly in favour of pardew on here gets met with a torrent of abuse, and usually completely miss the original point the poster was trying to make.

All this talk of TCD being a 'Pardew supporter' when all he's been saying is that the job Pardew did wasn't terrible (it wasn't) and that his time here is a symptom of a much bigger issue that sacking him will do nothing to change (it won't) is ridiculous. I've experienced this as well when even trying to point this out puts you in the line for a torrent of abuse and you just think end up thinking whats the bloody point.

It's hilarious that they keep calling me a Pardew supporter.

After skimming TCD's recent guff, I looked back in this thread to see what he had to say about Pardew back when he was doing his "best" with us. Skimming a good 20-30 pages or so from a few different days, I couldn't find a single post from him. I deride two things from that: 1) Halcyon days for the forum because he kept his fat fingers away from a thread and 2) he probably always was a Pardew supporter, and the worst kind who pipes down when he was breaking terrible records left, right and centre and now pops up to tell us how he "wasn't all that bad".

The problem is this forum is incredibly hostile to ideas that break with the status quo opinions of a few key posters, and for a good while any post even lightly in favour of pardew on here gets met with a torrent of abuse, and usually completely miss the original point the poster was trying to make.

All this talk of TCD being a 'Pardew supporter' when all he's been saying is that the job Pardew did wasn't terrible (it wasn't) and that his time here is a symptom of a much bigger issue that sacking him will do nothing to change (it won't) is ridiculous. I've experienced this as well when even trying to point this out puts you in the line for a torrent of abuse and you just think end up thinking whats the bloody point.

Someone telling me that Pardew wasn't terrible is like being spat in the face. It's no surprise that people react with hostility to someone defending the person who's helped all but ruin their support. I can't deny that certain posters have influence on rest of the forum.

I agree, it's people off this forum that have made people hate Pardew.

Not the four consecutive derby drubbings, not the record breaking runs of defeats, not the complicity of running the club into the ground. No it's all Mick's fault, and Beren, and Interpolic, and Kid Icarus, and Hans, and all the other folk on here with a fucking brain cell going spare.

Not the four consecutive derby drubbings, not the record breaking runs of defeats, not the complicity of running the club into the ground. No it's all Mick's fault, and Beren, and Interpolic, and Kid Icarus, and Hans, and all the other folk on here with a f***ing brain cell going spare.

Aye, we're a set of bastards for corrupting our fellow supporters.  :blush:

Fuck off!!

Not the four consecutive derby drubbings, not the record breaking runs of defeats, not the complicity of running the club into the ground. No it's all Mick's fault, and Beren, and Interpolic, and Kid Icarus, and Hans, and all the other folk on here with a fucking brain cell going spare.

:lol: Get in, name check.

:lol: Get in, name check.

This is like the episode of South Park, I broke the dam.

Guest optimistic nit

Someone telling me that Pardew wasn't terrible is like being spat in the face. It's no surprise that people react with hostility to someone defending the person who's helped all but ruin their support. I can't deny that certain posters have influence on rest of the forum.

If Pardew's time at NUFC was terrible then what classifies as mediocre?

Allardyce, Souness and Kinnear were terrible, in terms of where we were when they were hired compared to where we were when they were fired and the antics in between. Pardew was run of the mill.

In the 90 games that Roeder and Allardyce were in charge of NUFC, the team lost 4 games by 3 clear goals or more. They didn't lose a single derby = "terrible"

In Alan Pardew's final 90 games, the team lost by that margin 15 times, and lost 4 derbies = "run of the mill"

Pardew is the worst manager I've witnessed in the 20-odd years I've supported us, not least for the awful results, the disgusting football, insane substitutions, watching our best players rot on the bench, insane amount of bullshit drivel, lies and propaganda... mediocre my fucking arse, he was responsible for the strongest, longest, most painful stint of irrational hatred I've ever experienced and even with this gibbering idiot in charge I thank all the gods this rat faced, narcissistic prize prick has nothing to do with our club any more.

/rant

Pardew's a poor manager, but all of that was exacerbated by his unsackability. There was never a time you felt he was under pressure, despite being every bit as shit as people who otherwise got the bullet. That's why I hated him, not so much for his incompetence, but because it seemed impossible that he'd ever leave and that things would therefore get better.

In the end, he still didn't get sacked. He wasn't the worst manager ever, but he clearly wasn't good enough. And the longer he occupied the dugout, the more depressing things got. We got a glimmer of hope with him leaving, but it now looks quite possible that Carver will just carry on where Pardew left off - being shit and unsackable.

It's the lack of hope that kills you.

Guest firetotheworks

Pardew had a much better team than the sack of arse holes we had under Allardyce as well. I didn't like Allardyce but it was easier then knowing that shit wouldn't be stood for, now the crowd quaffs it down with pride.