Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest lincoln_imp

Sorry if already mentioned but the Talkshite were talking about him being next Englund manager based on him well being English and doing ok at the Toon  :yikes:  First caller a Manchester United fan saying ticks all the boxes and studio saying likes flair players and no other english competition  :spit:

Sometimes I feel only a monumental failure as an England manager is what it will take for the media to see this bloke for what he is.

He gets English protection, if a foreign manager behaved in the way Pardew has or even had half a bad a season he would have been labelled a dirty foreigner.

I would love to see him fail as England manager but for that to happen he would probably need to be successful as Palace manager and that would be painful to watch.

glad to see this myth rearing its ugly head again.

Most popular managers in the premier league? proud Englishmen van Gaal/ Mourinho/ Wenger / Martinez

Least popular manager in the premier league (before being sacked) dorty forren Nigel Pearson

Manager most taken the piss out of in the premier league? Its another dorty forren sadly, Tim Sherwood

The most loathed manager in the history of football according to the english media? Proud dutchman Schteve van Mclaren of Durhamlink

Amount of times the english media have referred to foreign managers as dirty foreigners? zero

Amount of times the english media have alluded to the fact that foreign managers/players are superior to their english counterparts? too numerous to mention.

The reason why English managers might sometimes get an easier ride is based not on their nationality, but due to their smarmy arse licking quote-athons giving the media what they want, gaming the system.

Answer 1 question, if the English managers rarely spoke to the media, and the foreign managers always spoke to the media giving them quotes, which do you think the media would side with, the English or the foreign?

I know these facts dont tally with the quite frankly bizarre and sinister mentality that exists on this forum, but please rest easy safe in the knowledge that you are doing exactly what you accuse the media of doing, making negative comments upon a people based on nationality.

was a decent post until you suggested that the forum could have any form of collective mentality on anything

He's got a history of it in previous posts.

"I realise on this forum that is an erroneous position, given the quite frankly disgusting anglophobia on here, but most other countries don't practise the same sense of self loathing that the English do."

I do feel Pardew has had an easy ride due to his nationality from a lot of the media and from pundits especially. Of course the media are not going to call someone a dirty foreigner, that is me just being a tad dramatic. Are those managers you mention the most popular? I am not saying that they are not the most popular but what are you basing that opinion on?

Is McClaren the most loathed manager in history according to the media, I must have missed this one? He was called names like "Wally with the Brolly", but since then he's rebuilt his reputation somewhat and has been spoken about favourably by the media, of course that is just my opinion.

Posted this before, but a few months a senior reporter on 5 Live openly admitted they give Steve Bruce less stick than his Hull side probably deserves because he's a nice guy in the press conferences.

Guest Roger Kint

Pet hate of mine is when someone makes a sweeping statement about 'The Media' having a certain opinion, often it seems they just mean what people hear on talksport or from the likes of Merson.

You are doing the exact same thing you accuse others of man :lol:

Pet hate of mine is when someone makes a sweeping statement about 'The Media' having a certain opinion, often it seems they just mean what people hear on talksport or from the likes of Merson.

:lol: True! I'm sure there's plenty of different opinions on there too. Just saying there's no specific 'The Media' angle on almost anything, you get different tones and angles from different sources.

Apologies for bumping this thread again but he has 'Pards' printed on his own training top :lol:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/13/4ea0572d72ef46abb571d8ae4a8805b5.jpg

Bloke is an absolute twa#!

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: True! I'm sure there's plenty of different opinions on there too. Just saying there's no specific 'The Media' angle on almost anything, you get different tones and angles from different sources.

Well its TS so thers going to be horrific views on us from the pondlife ie Des Kelly or Cundy who contractually has to insult our fans at least once a show plus others who do stick up for Pardew. Thankfully the only times i listen are at work when Murray/H&J/Durham all seem to understadn where we are coming from so it is fairly even on there now.

Best part of not having Sky now is no more Merson and the Soccer Saturday mugs :lol: