Southampton 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 13/09/14 - post-match laughs from page 1

Mike

Whoever that commentator was p*ssed me off more than the game did. What a f***ing idiot. He thinks we don't like Pardew because "he's not from the North East" and that we expect to finish 5th every season. f*** off and look at the facts.

A complete idiot and fully-paid up member of the Footballing Brotherhood that believes fans are only there to pay his wages.

I don't want to defend the bloke one bit because he sets us up all wrong and clearly can't motivate the players, but a lot of 'us' for a long time have been in utter denial about just how bad our defenders are. Coloccini, Williamson and Haidara (at this extremely raw stage of his career) wouldn't get into many if any PL teams.

Another example of how this useless individual and his 'coaching' staff have produced a team totally unsuited to PL football.

How anyone can defend Pardew on the grounds that Ashley keeps him short of money clearly either hasn't looked at Pardew's past record as a manager(initial modicum of success followed by predictable mediocrity and hostility from the supporters of whichever unfortunate club he happens to have conned into giving him a job) or has a vested interest in keeping the club on track for a return to the Championship - a place from which they may take a long time to exit.

Today's game was a total shambles and Pardew has clearly lost the Dressing Room - Williamson was unbelievably bad, responsible for 3 goals, Colo went through the motions and for me, only Haidara looked anything like a threat or as if he was trying as a Pro. Sissoko appears on the scene now and again and you have to say that there IS a player in there...but NOT under this manager, a description you could use for many of the team. Cabella looks lightweight at this level and Riviere missed an easy chance for which we may turn out to be grateful ; Janmaat IS decent but again, would benefit from a manager who was more tactically astute and capable of organising a side.

We all know that the club is going nowhere under Ashley, but we could at least be seeing better and more successful football if the players were motivated properly which they clearly aren't now. Nevertheless, I will be surprised if Ashley fires the main culprit any time soon - at least, until the bookies start giving better odds and he can make some pocket money by firing Pardew when his odds to survive creep back up.

Such are the people running Newcastle United......

Colo in particular has been really poor imo. He seems to have developed this tendency to go charging out of position to close down balls when there is absolutely no need and players ahead of him able to deal with it. Leaves huge gaps in our defense and causes confusion for the other players. Williamson is barely a Premier League standard player and he was awful today but over the last 8 months or so I think he's been better than Coloccini at least.

I don't want to defend the bloke one bit because he sets us up all wrong and clearly can't motivate the players, but a lot of 'us' for a long time have been in utter denial about just how bad our defenders are. Coloccini, Williamson and Haidara (at this extremely raw stage of his career) wouldn't get into many if any PL teams.

you're right, and it's now my biggest worry in the event pardew is actually sacked because the new guy has fuck all to work with until january at the earliest

i'm sure someone competent could have us frettening and scoring goals with what we've got, but keeping them out will be a different story entirely

The bottom line is Pardew has lost the dressing room and the fans have turned, if Ashley wants premier league football next season then he needs a new manager with some cash to spend in january.

If pardew had principles he would walk today but we all know he hasn't because he wants his payoff, this situation only has one conclusion

Colo in particular has been really poor imo. He seems to have developed this tendency to go charging out of position to close down balls when there is absolutely no need and players ahead of him able to deal with it. Leaves huge gaps in our defense and causes confusion for the other players. Williamson is barely a Premier League standard player and he was awful today but over the last 8 months or so I think he's been better than Coloccini at least.

It's because our wide midfielders are too busy stepping inside to play free-roaming roles, and end up losing the ball 9 times out of 10, with absolutely no movement whatsoever in front of them, which makes the central midfielders charge backwards to try to catch the opposition's counter attack, and Colo takes it upon himself to come out to meet them and snuff the danger out early (in his mind). It's all one big f***ing mess. To single out Coloccini, or any other individual, when Pardew insists on playing the way we do is short-sighted and frankly getting tedious. Coloccini has been utter dogshit for the best part of a year now, but so has every single one of his teammates (bar maybe Anita and Sissoko).

He's the captain and the senior CB. You could easily argue that of all the players, he's the one who totally fails to do his job most regularly.

Not really. He never picked himself as captain did he? His rapid and sudden decline started when the story about him wanting to go back home emerged. He wasn't himself prior to that, but he wasn't the complete train wreck he is now. Having said that, if he had been turning in these performances in a team that functioned with a purpose and direction, and Colo had been the weak link, I'd agree totally. No one out there, apart from Krul probably, has a clue what they are supposed to be doing. No one!

EDIT: I totally agree regarding the captaincy issue that he should lead from the front, but it's clearly not his thing. Pardew should recognize this and take it off him and hand it to someone who understands the responsibility that comes with it!

He's the captain and the senior CB. You could easily argue that of all the players, he's the one who totally fails to do his job most regularly.

Not really. He never picked himself as captain did he? His rapid and sudden decline started when the story about him wanting to go back home emerged. He wasn't himself prior to that, but he wasn't the complete train wreck he is now. Having said that, if he had been turning in these performances in a team that functioned with a purpose and direction, and Colo had been the weak link, I'd agree totally. No one out there, apart from Krul probably, has a clue what they are supposed to be doing. No one!

EDIT: I totally agree regarding the captaincy issue that he should lead from the front, but it's clearly not his thing. Pardew should recognize this and take it off him and hand it to someone who understands the responsibility that comes with it!

Oh right. None of the players 'pick' their responsibilities so we can just absolve them all.

Colo has to hit either long diagonals or back to the keeper because he knows he cannot pass to Williamson.

Not sure what that has got to do with what I said but I agree

@Themanupstairs I don't really agree with your assessment of that at all but it's by the by, I was just pointing out one strange behaviour I've noticed in him recently but the general point is that his form has declined rapidly (which most people seem to agree with actually).

So glad I never watched this. Wasn't surprised when I checked to find us 2-0 after 20 minutes. I just hope that's the last game he ever manages for any club and Carver can fuck off with him.

Where do you go when you let a cb go and the 3 your left with are disgusting. Whoever comes in will have to just attack teams this season in the hope we can get enough goals.

Who would have thought a team with Gouffran and Sissoko as wingers would not just blow teams away.

Oh right. None of the players 'pick' their responsibilities so we can just absolve them all.

If you got given an important task at work that distinguished you from the rest of your colleagues, you're going to accept it even if you didn't ask for it. This new task comes with serious leadership, commitment and communication responsibilities. If you fail at satisfying the requirements of this specific task, sometimes simply because it's not in your character make-up, it's the job of your boss/manager/superior to realize it and take it off you, and give it to someone else.

Coloccini is not a vocal leader and never has been. On the pitch he used to lead by example by turning in good (sometimes great) performances. He was given the captaincy because of his stature or name in the game being an Argentina international etc. I am not defending Coloccini, because yes he has been a shit captain for us. I'm just saying he was the wrong choice to begin with.

Either way, it's pretty clear he wants out, and has been for a while. He's human. He's an arsehole for not buying up the rest of his contract and fucking off, but it is what it is. The fact that Pardew didn't strip him of the captaincy is down to the manager being a thick cunt.

It's evidence of the complete lack of accountability endemic at the club. If your bosses are shit at their jobs, phoning it in and getting away with murder; why would you be driven, motivated or care? Everything is poison. Ineffective, frankly bad coaching. Appalling man management. Weak authority. Rank transfer policy. Wrong reasons for owning a football club - and we wonder why there is no skill evident, team ethic, passion (whatever it is) or progression. Worst run club in the country. Bar none.

It's evidence of the complete lack of accountability endemic at the club. If your bosses are s*** at their jobs, phoning it in and getting away with murder; why would you be driven, motivated or care? Everything is poison. Ineffective, frankly bad coaching. Appalling man management. Weak authority. Rank transfer policy. Wrong reasons for owning a football club - and we wonder why there is no skill evident, team ethic, passion (whatever it is) or progression. Worst run club in the country. Bar none.

This.