Crystal Palace 2 - 3 Newcastle United - 24/09/2014 - Man City v NUFC next round

BlueStar

Everyone wants long-term success for the club but still can't hack seeing celebrations when we concede like. Them chortling little emoji bastards send is wild. Don't like matchdays.

I can see why people do it but he's not going to get sacked for losing in the Cup, if anything he'd probably get a payrise.

Maybe people have different opinions eh? Just a thought.

Taking outthe whole context of everything surrounding the club and who the next tie is, ST. That performance soley, given the changes made to the side (obviously both sides did), what did you feel was wrong with the performance from the players tonight?

Brett, this is the mentality that sees us bottom of the table with Alan Pardew still in charge. It would be OK if you could separate the 2, and be proud of a victory and a good team display from the wider picture but you can't. Each victory and display that suggests the players are still playing for Pardew just buys him more time, which ultimately means more time for him to drag us through this void of mediocrity and embarrassment.

I may seem like a depressing, moaning, arsehole, but if everyone else was like me (and the others on this forum) then this utter muppet would have fucked off a long time ago, we probably wouldn't be bottom of the table, and I could probably enjoy a League Cup victory away to Crystal Palace.

Just feel the players aren't getting any sort of credit on here, which I personally think is unfair and harsh. Armstrong comes in, looks lively, good attitude about his play. Riviere getting his first goals. Haidara coming on making a real difference.

Majority of sides field weak piss teams in the Carling Cup, I've always despised the comp for it but it's still a cup, and a cup I want to be in for aslong as possible. Saying Palace's team was abysmal is correct, but on paper, ours wasn't much better. We made the changes but our attitude and application throughout the game was much better than theirs, the players deserve credit for that.

Taking outthe whole context of everything surrounding the club and who the next tie is, ST. That performance soley, given the changes made to the side (obviously both sides did), what did you feel was wrong with the performance from the players tonight?

Brett, this is the mentality that sees us bottom of the table with Alan Pardew still in charge. It would be OK if you could separate the 2, and be proud of a victory and a good team display from the wider picture but you can't. Each victory and display that suggests the players are still playing for Pardew just buys him more time, which ultimately means more time for him to drag us through this void of mediocrity and embarrassment.

I may seem like a depressing, moaning, arsehole, but if everyone else was like me (and the others on this forum) then this utter muppet would have fucked off a long time ago, we probably wouldn;t be bottom of the table, and I could probably enjoy a League Cup victory away to Crystal Palace.

You are a depressing, moaning arsehole.  You're one of us.

I may seem like a depressing, moaning, arsehole, but if everyone else was like me (and the others on this forum) then this utter muppet would have f***ed off a long time ago, we probably wouldn't be bottom of the table, and I could probably enjoy a League Cup victory away to Crystal Palace.

That's a very good post, but just more praise should come for individual performers at least tonight rather than slating them for playing well as its a sign they back Pardew. Cisse got a few bits of abuse for his goals/comments about Pardew but end of the day, the players are still pulling on the black and white shirt and they still might care about winning football matches, even if a lot of fans have stopped till Pardew has gone.

Guest Rude Kid

Soccer AM and the internet have a lot to answer for.

Four seasons of anti-football too. Don't let that ruin your post-match elation though. Enjoy Alan Pardew.

What are you on about you stupid cunt?

Cool we won a shit cup game versus a shit Palace reserve side and we'll play City next and get beat by their 3rd depth reserves. We're still BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE. We still have Pardew in charge. And it's all about him, when right, and never his fault when wrong. Fuck him.

Hugely encouraging win and fantastic spirit shown by the players. It was good to see them reacting to Pardews (justified) criticism after that unacceptable performance against Southampton.

Onwards and upwards now. Thank god those protests never took off - we would all be sitting here with egg on our faces :lol: