Newcastle 1-0 Liverpool - 1/11/14 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p 27

Mike

Guest palnese

Krul, Taylor, Dummett, Sammy, Aarons - all homegrown. Could add Abeid to that.

Not bad at all.

:lol: What?

Not Nationality wise, but they've been with us since they were kids.

People actually expecting this to last?

Oh for god's sake cheers up for at least a couple of hours after a good win, mate :thup:

As far as I see it this just makes Pardews job secure again.

And I can't stomach having a manager job charge who doesn't want to compete for any sort of silverware.

History suggests it won't.

Still, really happy for the team, Perez and Abeid in particular and a big shout out to Marriner for booking Taylor for being a blockhead.

Oh for god's sake cheers up for at least a couple of hours after a good win, mate :thup:

And I can't stomach having a manager job charge who doesn't want to compete for any sort of silverware.

:thup:

Ignore them, man.

Krul, Taylor, Dummett, Sammy, Aarons - all homegrown. Could add Abeid to that.

Not bad at all.

:lol: What?

under premier league rules I do believe they both qualify as homegrown

Krul does, Abeid doesn't as he went out on loan to Greece.

Ignore them, man.

Everyone is entitled to their view mate but I struggle to look beyond the bigger picture.

I want him sacked, it doesn't change anything. We'll go on a run of dire form at some point, but with everything else going on in mine (and I'm sure other people's lives) I'm just happy theres a result here and something I can enjoy, I'm tired of having all this pent up anger when I watch football these days.

Personally wouldn't start Sammy, I'd rather Cabella out wide there or something.

Although you could argue that Cabella coming on when he did completely turned the game. Liverpool had looked like they were getting a foothold and it was a nice option to have from the bench for once.

Ignore them, man.

Or just enjoy a good win. We all still want Pardew out, but the guy has survived enough turmoil for it to be clear that no matter what he's not going anywhere any time soon, so you might as well just enjoy what you can.