Newcastle 1-0 Liverpool - 1/11/14 - Match Thread - Post match reaction from p 27

Mike

Guest antz1uk

He's there to play devils advocate and be an all round cunt, he was slating pardew himself and sticking up for us only a couple of weeks ago, all just to generate angry calls

Savage of 5 Live calling Newcastle fans "fickle".

C*nt

He's a c*** with a point tbh

Can't understand how 2 plebs with a shitty cardboard sign can be considered an accurate representation of Newcastle's entire fanbase.

C*nt

Can't understand how 2 plebs with a shitty cardboard sign can be considered an accurate representation of Newcastle's entire fanbase.

Twitter was awash with people backing Pards

C*nt

MarkyMarc ‏@Marky_Marc77  2h2 hours ago

@ChronicleNUFC Totally made up bollocks this.

I don't believe 2 people would go to the match like this and have a photographer to hand.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

More

Marc ‏@marc4760  2h2 hours ago

@Marky_Marc77 @ChronicleNUFC true m8 both them were drinking in junction before the match. looked like proper tools

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

More

MarkyMarc ‏@Marky_Marc77  2h2 hours ago

@marc4760 @ChronicleNUFC I walked past them on the way in, it looked like a set up.

They sound like a fucking riot, like. Isn't Junction what used to be Old Orleans?

Some of our fans are fickle, but I imagine most other clubs have that as well. The difference is we make our feelings known, whereas other clubs fans simply stop turning up.

I'm not fickle I hated him from day one.

Krul- Great save

Janmaat- looks comfortable now

Colo & Taylor worked well together

Dummet- very good defensively

Abeid & Colback- both brilliant worked tirelessly

Sammy- Our only poor performance

Sissoko- So much better behind a striker

Obertan- Was playing well until injury

Cisse- Quiet and isolated

Aarons- worked hard was ok

Perez- Fox in the box

Cabella- good little cameo, plays well with Perez

Fair sum up bar harsh on Ameobi who was pretty decent today against a very defensively set up Liverpool …i'm a huge fan of Aaorons but he didn't have a great game either and thought Ameobi was at least the same if not slightly better than him overall today. Saying that v West Brom i'd go:

Krul

Taylor      Colo 

Jaanmat                              Dummett

Colback    Abeid      Sissoko 

Cabella                        Aarons

Perez

Elliott

Haidara

Anita

Gouffran

Ameobi

Armstrong

Cisse

Interesting to see if Tiote once fit can get back in over Colback. Abeid and Sissoko were class again today.

Ameobi super sub in second half. Really excited by the team above and keeping this winning streak going.

Very interesting to read this thread for the first time and see the difference between the comments for the first hour and then after the full time whistle. Absolutely standard Pardew fare, bore the fucking tits off everyone and hope there's a break or bit of magic that swings it our way. Hold out and everyone's happy. And we're supposed to believe this is us having turned a corner.

Dreadful game, Liverpool were absolutely horrific. We fought hard and somehow got the win. Love the youngsters, Abeid was brilliant and Dummett was very good. Sissoko is a beast and Colback had probably his best game. Henderson is the most overrated player in the history of Premier League. Ref made some weird decisions but finally someone booked the daft cunt for being a daft cunt.

Very interesting to read this thread for the first time and see the difference between the comments for the first hour and then after the full time whistle. Absolutely standard Pardew fare, bore the fucking tits off everyone and hope there's a break or bit of magic that swings it our way. Hold out and everyone's happy. And we're supposed to believe this is us having turned a corner.

It's like that 6 game winning run that every one remembers from the 5th place season. We only played well for 2 and a half of those games.

Very interesting to read this thread for the first time and see the difference between the comments for the first hour and then after the full time whistle. Absolutely standard Pardew fare, bore the f***ing tits off everyone and hope there's a break or bit of magic that swings it our way. Hold out and everyone's happy. And we're supposed to believe this is us having turned a corner.

To be fair I think it was Liverpool who made it boring. They kept the ball well but did nothing with it. Liverpool slowed the game down to a crawl. NUFC were guilty of giving the ball away too easily.

It played out very similar to when we beats Swansea away 0-2 when Rodgers was there. They controlled large amounts of possession but did very little with it, and we took our chances when they came along. I would have been raging watching my team pass it around the defence just for the sake of it.

Liverpool may have had a lot more possession but the truth is that they spent more time passing the ball along their back line and defensive midfielders than anything else, i don't think we've looked more comfortable in any other game.

We always looked more threatening with our quicker and more direct breaks than they did with their patient pass it to death at the back game....

Least that was how it looked to me...

Highlights were:

Pardew's team selection - still can't believe he didn't play gouffran, well done for once!

Mehdi - Complete midfield performance, love seeing someone snapping at the heels of the opposition and the rythym and calmness he brings to the midfield.

Colo, Taylor & Yanmat - Soaked up any threat with ease.

The changes were spot on aswell, cisse looked a bit jaded and it was a shame that cabella didn't get that second goal...

Think Dummett deserves a mention too. Had Sterling totally under control, to the point where I had forgotten Sterling was even on the pitch.

Abeid & the back 4 seemed very well drilled for most of the game.

Can only really think of the Škrtel chance where I thought Liverpool were going to score.