Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Daft remark like, and I was listening to the interview live and he sounded like a total creep, but why does everyone have to be hounded out of their jobs everytime they cock up? :lol:

Oh dear[emoji1]

Daft remark like, and I was listening to the interview live and he sounded like a total creep, but why does everyone have to be hounded out of their jobs everytime they cock up? :lol:

Oh dear[emoji1]

What?

It happens all the time man. Someone slips up and says a daft remark and they're out, it's mental.

“He would not be the first person or persons to have been found guilty and maintained their innocence and then been proved right. If we are talking about things in football we know what happened' date=' what was alleged to have happened at Hillsborough and it’s now unravelling and we are finding it was very different to how it was portrayed at the time. Indeed by the police at the time.”[/quote']

Oh Gordon, Gordon, Gordon... :lol:

Oh dear[emoji1]

What?

It happens all the time man. Someone slips up and says a daft remark and they're out, it's mental.

I thought it was a Pardew reference at first :laugh:

On Charlie Brooker the other day he showed some poor scientist reduced to tears because of the backlash he received for carrying out an interview wearing a shirt with cartoon women on it :lol:

This is far worse obviously, I just don't now why we instantly jump to "HE HAS TO WALK," the interview was about 5 hours ago :lol:

all he is basically stating is don't take everything at face value as often what we see and hear is not neccesary the truth, what about that politician blaming the polis's at downing street, they got grief from the media only for the judge to come out  they were right, could of cost their jobs & pensions.

Oh dear[emoji1]

What?

The 'cock up' line man[emoji6]

Oh dear[emoji1]

What?

The 'cock up' line man[emoji6]

:lol: ah right.

Absolutely ridiculous comparison to make in the circumstances. Makes me think the guy is a bit thick.

Isn't he really just saying that perceptions of guilt and innocence aren't always set in stone for eternity. It's an emotive example and poorly chosen I suppose but it is from football...

Reactions remind me of the rape stuff Wullie was saying before - "zomg he's saying Evans is the same as the Hillsborough victims, burn him".

He's not saying that at all.

It's more him defending a convicted rapist with the argument that the police/courts sometimes get things wrong that I'm guessing most people outside of liverpool have a problem with tbf.

But why, it's a fact, they do sometimes get it wrong :lol:  ah but rape yeah so nobody is allowed to speak rationally.

They get some wrong and this is a very unique case where a man was convicted entirely without physical evidence or even an eye witness statement against him :lol:

It's very clear there's scope to think this might have been a duff decision.

Guest chicken little

Just me who's incredibly bored with this story now? He should just go abroad somewhere, doubt it'll be as big of a deal in some shithole in Russia or something like that.

not allowed to leave the country marra

The length of sentence isn't a problem, it's this daft law where everyone is eligible for release at half time. Makes a a bit of a farce of the whole idea of sentencing tbh.

This. If Evans isn't fit to work and return to society yet, then he should never have been released in the first place.

"I might be upsetting people but there is a question of the rape and how he's been convicted by a jury."

"When you look at the evidence, it is there for appeal.

"It has divided opinion of course and when you look at the case in detail and, I don't think most people have really, because they have just seen Ched Evans as a convicted rapist, when you do look at the case and look at the evidence then certainly Ched has got a case."

:kasper:

Ched Evans: Steve Bruce backs Evans return to football

Hull City boss Steve Bruce has questioned the conviction of rapist Ched Evans and says the footballer should be given a chance to play again.

Evans, who was convicted in 2012, was released from prison in October and saw a move to Oldham collapse this week.

The 26-year-old has been refused the right to appeal, but the Criminal Cases Review Commission is studying his case.

"I might be upsetting people but there is a question of the rape and how he's been convicted by a jury," said Bruce.

"When you look at the evidence, it is there for appeal.

"It has divided opinion of course and when you look at the case in detail and, I don't think most people have really, because they have just seen Ched Evans as a convicted rapist, when you do look at the case and look at the evidence then certainly Ched has got a case."

Guest Geordiesned

Seemingly after it has been decided that there is no leave to appeal, Ched Evans has referred his case to world renowned Barrister Steve Bruce.