Newcastle United v Queens Park Rangers - 22/11/2014 15:00 (no TV)

LRD
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think we will win but the wheels will come off next game. The narrative will either be 'Fickle Geordies, look he's got you challenging for the Champions League spots' or 'Deluded Geordies, expecting to challenge for the Champions League spots. Be grateful for what you've got' depending on how things go.

:lol: So sickeningly true.

The prospect of Dummett (who admittedly has done quite well alongside Colo) and Williamson at the centre of the defence petrifies me, be like the blind leading the blind.

If this is our centre back paring then the king wont be playing front foot football.

He has been absolutely fine defensively from the first game against City. 

Let's not re-write history because he's playing well now. We shipped in 2 goals in games against City, Palace, Hull and Swansea and didn't give a particularly good defensive performance in any of those games, him included. I think he's a decent player but let's not pretend he's been good since the start of the season when clearly he hasn't.

Let's not re-write history because he's playing well now. We shipped in 2 goals in games against City, Palace, Hull and Swansea and didn't give a particularly good defensive performance in any of those games, him included. I think he's a decent player but let's not pretend he's been good since the start of the season when clearly he hasn't.

I totally disagree. One player who definitely wasn't good at the start of the season was your mate, Williamson.

I totally disagree. One player who definitely wasn't good at the start of the season was your mate, Williamson.

You're entitled to your opinion but you're wrong as is usually the case when you start typing. We were shambolic defensively until the start of last month. None of the back 4 were playing well at the start of the season with the exception of Janmaat who was decent and now looks like a great signing. Anyone who watched us over the first half dozen games knows this.

You're entitled to your opinion but you're wrong as is usually the case when you start typing. We were shambolic defensively until the start of last month. None of the back 4 were playing well at the start of the season with the exception of Janmaat who was decent and now looks like a great signing. Anyone who watched us over the first half dozen games knows this.

Funny you've made 3 posts on the subject without being able to allude to one game in which Dummett individually let us down.

Funny you've made 3 posts on the subject without being able to allude to one game in which Dummett individually played badly.

He didn't play particularly well in any of the 4 games I mentioned and he certainly hasn't defended well all season as you said earlier. That's clearly a load of rubbish and anyone who attended any of those games mentioned would agree. Anyway I'm bored with you now so goodbye.

Agree with Ron. I think hes been sound defensively since day one, hes never looked dodgy. Its unfashionable to like the local lads for some reason.

He may never become Maldini but with more experience he may become a very good defender indeed.

He deserves to be in the team over Taylor and Williamson.

Agree with Ron. I think hes been sound defensively since day one, hes never looked Dodgy. Its unfashionable to like the local lads for some reason.

He may never become Maldini but with more experience he may become a very good defender indeed.

He deserves to be in the team over Taylor and Williamson.

What evidence do you have to back this up? From day one people said he's poor on the ball but a competent defender. It's nothing to do with where he is from. I take everyone didn't like Carroll then?  Colback played for sunderland. People were on here raving about that Calumn Roberts kid. It's total bollocks.

The only thing it has to do with is his play style. Hes certainly developed his defensive game alot over the last season, however hes awkward on the ball and not technically fantastic. These are two attributes that we as Newcastle fans value alot in a player, perhaps because we have been treated to players like Robert, Beardsley, Ginola, Cabaye Ben Arfa etc.

Evidence? Its not a courtroom FFS.

Some people on this forum are unfair on young local players. This is my opinion.

Colback, Campbell, Dummet have all been unfairly critisised by some.

I think most players have their critics tbf. Not sure if being a Geordie has anything to do with it.

Some people on this forum are unfair on young local players. This is my opinion.

I think most players have their critics tbf. Not sure if being a Geordie has anything to do with it.

This is also true.

This is also true.

They can't both be true, really. I feel that people criticise all our players when we play like shit, Gouffran and Cisse are foreigners who have taken a lot of shit on here, recently. You play badly (like everyone has been) and you're gonna get criticism.