Newcastle United v Queens Park Rangers - 22/11/2014 15:00 (no TV)

LRD
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There is an astonishing myth permeated by himself and many that he 'stuck around' when we went down and pulled us back up. Rather than the fact he was damaged goods (for a number of reasons) on stupid wages and he only started 8 games in a 46 game season.

There is an astonishing myth permeated by himself and many that he 'stuck around' when we went down and pulled us back up. Rather than the fact he was damaged goods (for a number of reasons) on stupid wages and he only started 8 games in a 46 game season.

:thup: It's fucking ridiculous - he featured a bit at the start, was out most the season then came back towards the end to claim as much of the glory as he could.

Jonas, Enrique, colo and lower prem class players like routledge and of course Kevin Nolan and a two decent keepers were the reason we came back up - not the likes of battlers like Alan Smith and this egit. Suits the narrative better to lazily name drop english ex man united players and gobshites like Barton.

I'm by no means a medical expert, but I thought that there is pretty much no medical treatment for a broken toe and it will just heal naturally? And the smaller the toe, the quicker it heals? The last bit could be rubbish, like.

Barton's such an arsehole like, goes on like he was a brilliant player for us and was either in jail, out of form or injured for 3 quarters of his time at the club.

To be fair to him, in the article he says the credit must go to Nolan, Caroll, Harper, Colo etc because he was always injured. Talks about being in jail too. Says only good things about the club really.

I'm by no means a medical expert, but I thought that there is pretty much no medical treatment for a broken toe and it will just meal naturally? And the smaller the toe, the quicker it heals? The last bit could be rubbish, like.

Well yeah but te the treatment is rest. You don't go back out and put it under strain again. Do it more damage and potentially be out longer

If it's broke, it's broke though, how worse can it get? I know mates that have had 'toe pain' and kept playing for months before going to a doctor and being told that they actually broke a toe.

I'm by no means a medical expert, but I thought that there is pretty much no medical treatment for a broken toe and it will just meal naturally? And the smaller the toe, the quicker it heals? The last bit could be rubbish, like.

Well yeah but te the treatment is rest. You don't go back out and put it under strain again. Do it more damage and potentially be out longer

If it's broke, it's broke though, how worse can it get? I know mates that have had 'toe pain' and kept playing for months before going to a doctor and being told that they actually broke a toe.

My mate broke his little toe when playing when we were around 15, it was pretty much just a piece of skin flapping around. When he went to the doctor, the doctor just laughed at it and told him to rest for a month and it should be healed :lol:

Well it won't heal, the inflammation will get worse, there's a chance you'll do more permanent damage. When you break a bone you don't just go, "ah well it's broken may as well just crack on"  not sure what point you're trying to argue. It's not a case of will it get worse, it's a broken bone you are supposed to let it heal

The point i'm trying to argue is that would playing with a broken little toe actually make it worse? If it was his legs or spine then yes, clearly there's a problem but if it's going to take 4 weeks to heal from now, or 4 weeks to heal if he plays tomorrow I don't see the issue?

He'll be fine to play with an injection. One of those where it's just as much upto the player as it is the medical staff.

No ones arguing he can't play with and injection, it's stupid though, as we are going against medical advice. But that worked out fine for Aarons didn't it?

Totally different with hamstring injuries. That's just plain dumb from Pardew.

Some injuries you're okay to play through the pain with.

I'm greatful for the performances that Barton put in when we came back up, he had some patches of good play but it doesn't undo the shit that preceded it. Cult hero? Nah. But he was a useful player.

As for Abeid it smacks of Pardews incompitence to sustain a winning formula whilst having to make enforced changes, so he'll keep it as close as possible to the detriment of anyone and anything. Desperate measures by a shit manager, but we knew that.

Guest Roger Kint

Gary Speed played for SBR with a borken teo and had the injections.  I seem to remember anyway.

Ferguson played Nani for a while with one didnt he?

Edit: Yes, as did Williams(Swansea) last season apparently

Personally I'm enjoying watching Abeid play so pretty pleased he's available but it's a risk. He'll probably be in pain and play poorly, resulting in the king dropping him off the Earth forever.

I don't think anywhere has said he is available other than a discussion on Total Sport last night which suggested that he might be.

Seemingly injured players have tipped up and played unexpectedly before.

Personally I'm enjoying watching Abeid play so pretty pleased he's available but it's a risk. He'll probably be in pain and play poorly, resulting in the king dropping him off the Earth forever.

I don't think anywhere has said he is available other than a discussion on Total Sport last night which suggested that he might be.

Pardew has said he has a small chance for Saturday.

Pardew has said he has a small chance for Saturday.

Reckons West Ham is much more likely.

Personally, I'd start Abeid against QPR and look to continue this run. They look poor and I wouldn't want to take Abeid out of the team when he's playing so well. He must be happy enough playing through the barrier.