Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 21st December @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

Sima

Law of averages says that NUFC should get something out of this game....a draw is most likely, but a defeat, esp a heavy one, would get the sheeple roused from their pro-Pardew reverie.

This one could be interesting......!

They'll get at least a few shots on target and that means they'll get at least a couple of goals with Alnwick in goal.  His save/shot ratio must be absolutely dismal so far.  There's a good chance we'll need to score at least three to win this derby and I'm not sure we're capable of that.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we lost 3-0 again.  I can't see how anyone could see Alnwick's performance in the week and be confident for this.  I don't want to be harsh on a young third choice goalkeeper, but for whatever reason he isn't up to standard at the moment.

They'll get at least a few shots on target and that means they'll get at least a couple of goals with Alnwick in goal.  His save/shot ratio must be absolutely dismal so far.

Just checked for the last couple of games - Spurs scored 4 from 10 shots on target, while apparently Arsenal scored with all 4 of theirs:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30357669

Can't be right surely?? That would be 8 goals conceded from 14 shots on target which is, well, really bad.  :(

I'm expecting the usual headless chicken stuff from our lot while Sunderland as limited as they are will have a distinct gameplan and come out and play safely but concisely. Poyet has Pardews number and they know how to beat us. Nothing changes my mind that Pardew has any idea how to manage this fixture whatsoever.

I'm expecting a nervy draw but wouldn't be surprised if they edge it 2-1.

Guest neesy111

Scottwilsonecho: Alan Pardew confident #NUFC will atone for previous derby defeats by matching #SAFC's intensity tomorrow. http://t.co/0InidIqEQN

He'll never learn, it's not about intensity you fucking cunt.  I don't remember sunderland being that intense last season, just playing better than us.

Scottwilsonecho: Alan Pardew confident #NUFC will atone for previous derby defeats by matching #SAFC's intensity tomorrow. http://t.co/0InidIqEQN

He'll never learn, it's not about intensity you f***ing c***.  I don't remember sunderland being that intense last season, just playing better than us.

:lol: Yeah we've heard the same shit before. His intensity means cluelessly running around without a game plan

Tomorrow's team:

Colback

Colback FistPumps  Colback    Dummett

Colback    Colback

Colback        Colback        Gouffran

Colback

At least that's the game plan I've gathered from listening to Alan Pardew PhD. Intensity to the max (and then Gouffran because fuck us).