Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 21st December @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

Sima

Colback crack is absolutely lifting. Could be two of the biggest clubs in Europe instead the biggest plotline of the game and probably both our seasons is some run-of-the-mill free transfer playing in the derby.

Thank fuck it's not just me!! The sniping regarding Colback from both sides is absolutely ridiculous. Never seen such a fuss made over so little.

Pardew is going to be unbearable if we win :anguish:

...and the unbearable gobble voiced bottom feeders down the road will be if we don't.

I'm happy to be happy for the fucknuckle, if he manages to finally stop being so unfathomably shit at winning a derby.

Colback.  :sad:

I hope he scores the winner for us.

I hope he has a good game because if Cattermole ends up having the better one then it's going to be pretty hard to look at the ginger wonder in a positive light again.

Well Poyet was getting pretty sniffy when Colback got called up for England, claiming Catts was the real Sunderland midfield driver. So hopefully Colback will ram those words down his throat with a dominant performance. Not a game he can afford to disappear from.

They'll get at least a few shots on target and that means they'll get at least a couple of goals with Alnwick in goal.  His save/shot ratio must be absolutely dismal so far.

Just checked for the last couple of games - Spurs scored 4 from 10 shots on target, while apparently Arsenal scored with all 4 of theirs:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30357669

Can't be right surely?? That would be 8 goals conceded from 14 shots on target which is, well, really bad.  :(

I think when you add in the goal from a few shots Chelsea had in that half, he's probably saving about 50-60% at most.  A good goalkeeper needs to be saving more like 75-80% for a team to have a chance of doing well.  I just don't see us winning many games with him there.  He's going to cost us 1-2 extra goals every game, if his performance level doesn't improve.  I think we'd need to score 3 or 4 tomorrow to actually win and maybe at least two goals to get a draw.  That seems unlikely with a Pardew team when he's against someone he can't usually get the better of anyway, even with Championship teams.

Pardew will play Perez wide right tomorrow, to accomodate Cisse.

Definitely. If we played good ball I wouldn't have a problem with us going 4-4-2 and playing Perez and Cisse up top, with Anita/Abeid and Sissoko in the centre of the park.