Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Did he actually play for Carlisle or it is just a Wiki amendment thing? BBC local news definitely mentioned it but seen a few saying he never actually did. :lol:

Some of the responses on that man. :lol:

Jon Colman

‏@joncolman  What's your favourite Remi Garde moment from his time at Carlisle United?

Muzzer Daftbat ‏@muzzer_daftbat  · 58m58 minutes ago 

@joncolman that time when he sang to the paddock shouty man! Soooo funny. He had a good voice but I don’t think Kylie was right song choice.

Muzzer Daftbat ‏@muzzer_daftbat  · 51m51 minutes ago 

@joncolman such a character. When he sewed the teams shirts together on match day. Hilarious.

Grant Carey ‏@gcarey84  · 39m39 minutes ago 

@joncolman

When he called himself Stephane Lemarchand and scored twice against Cardiff. Legend.

S Pokes ‏@s_pokes38  · 7m7 minutes ago 

@joncolman The time he gave Ian Harte a low mark out of 10 in the post match ratings. Classic Remi.

Rich Reardon ‏@yernaninakettle  · 1m1 minute ago 

@joncolman the time he put a teapot in a urinal then blamed a non-league team! classic Remi

Cumbrians :anguish:

Why the :anguish: I've never had a problem with them, at least not once I got over the accent.

Many years having to share trains with them up and down the Tyne Valley. Calling them (particularly Carlislers? - do they have a slang term?) slow would be a generous accolade.

Guest VanBarduck

Garde was brought in 2011 in charge of a club which was about to collapse. Aulas was building a 400M£ stadium on its own and it was his only priority. He basically said to Garde, "I can't  put any more money into the team, and I'm gonna need you to sell your best players every year, but in the mean time I still expect you to be European at the end of every season"

Garde performed. 4 years later, Lyon has the best academy in Europe, they are back in the title race and their finance are much better, they'll have a private 60k stadium soon like the Emirates and they plan to invest big again in transfers in coming years.

Garde was a tool, Aulas wanted a man from the inside with legitimacy (former player, ex-academy director) to stabilize and maintain the club at a high level of performance during a difficult economic conjecture. Garde has done his job marvelously. Aulas was kinda happy to let him go and chose a coach of a more 'smooth' and 'docile' nature.

Personally, I think Garde has much more to offer and he can be a man of project. The question is does Ashley have a project for Newcatle?

Garde was brought in 2011 in charge of a club which was about to collapse. Aulas was building a 400M£ stadium on its own and it was his only priority. He basically said to Garde, "I can't  put any more money into the team, and I'm gonna need you to sell your best players every year, but in the mean time I still expect you to be European at the end of every season"

Garde performed. 4 years later, Lyon has the best academy in Europe, they are back in the title race and their finance are much better, they'll have a private 60k stadium soon like the Emirates and they plan to invest big again in transfers in coming years.

Garde was a tool, Aulas wanted a man from the inside with legitimacy (former player, ex-academy director) to stabilize and maintain the club at a high level of performance during a difficult economic conjecture. Garde has done his job marvelously. Aulas was kinda happy to let him go and chose a coach of a more 'smooth' and 'docile' nature.

Personally, I think Garde has much more to offer and he can be a man of project. The question is does Ashley have a project for Newcatle?

No

I've just came back from my mates. He works for a hotel in Newcastle, anyway NUFC use them a lot. This weekend they have booked 4 rooms, 1 each for two different managers who were going to be interviewed and 1 each for their agent. Anyway no prizes for guessing who's wrote down for having 1 room. Anyway the other manager is lets say more well known, more so enough for the hotel to inform only a few employees of who he is, have arrangements for him coming through the back door, with only a few staff members being at his service, such as NUFC wanted to keep it a secret. All I'm going to say is his name was written down on the bookings as 'Frank'. Sadly his room was cancelled but the hotel have been informed that during midweek they may need another 2-3 rooms for a player who maybe coming over.

Excellent news as far as Garde is concerned.

I've just came back from my mates. He works for a hotel in Newcastle, anyway NUFC use them a lot. This weekend they have booked 4 rooms, 1 each for two different managers who were going to be interviewed and 1 each for their agent. Anyway no prizes for guessing who's wrote down for having 1 room. Anyway the other manager is lets say more well known, more so enough for the hotel to inform only a few employees of who he is, have arrangements for him coming through the back door, with only a few staff members being at his service, such as NUFC wanted to keep it a secret. All I'm going to say is his name was written down on the bookings as 'Frank'. Sadly his room was cancelled but the hotel have been informed that during midweek they may need another 2-3 rooms for a player who maybe coming over.

http://i.imgur.com/i6ouKrX.gif

http://bobbyfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Steve-Bruce-008.jpg