Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Given our history under MA I don't think anyone could be accused of being pessimistic over this, but to suggest Carver could get the job full time I think is a bit too melodramatic. Surely he'd have got it by now if we were going to go for the 'cheap yes man'?

If we're meeting with the likes of Garde, surely that means we're taking this appointment a little seriously?

Bit disheartening seeing the news from the Daily Mail, but the French journos tend to have the drop on us long before the British ones. Trying to stay positive on this. If he didn't want the job for 6 months, you'd think he'd have put off meeting us, no?

Given our history under MA I don't think anyone could be accused of being pessimistic over this, but to suggest Carver could get the job full time I think is a bit too melodramatic. Surely he'd have got it by now if we were going to go for the 'cheap yes man'?

If we're meeting with the likes of Garde, surely that means we're taking this appointment a little seriously?

Bit disheartening seeing the news from the Daily Mail, but the French journos tend to have the drop on us long before the British ones. Trying to stay positive on this. If he didn't want the job for 6 months, you'd think he'd have put off meeting us, no?

The one thing I would worry about is if we don't sign a manager up now for whatever reason, wait until the summer and Carver somehow manages to keep us in top ten, they may take a chance on him. As things stand it appears they are trying to appoint somebody competent.

Well if he does fuck this appointment up, I swear to God I'm going to go to the nearest Sports Direct store and kick over one of those boxes which looks like it's totally full of different sized footballs but is actually only half full due to a strategically placed cardboard shelf hidden from plain sight.

Got to admit a bit worried this could all fall through now. It was always likely Garde would want to bring in his own staff, this is normal but with the clubs structure as it is I hope Charnley isn't enforcing Carver/Woodman etc on whoever it may be who's applying. Surely not. Leaving an appointment til the summer would be a big risk imo if we can get a man of quality in now. There's no guarantees we'd get Tuchel or whoever else in the summer.

Out of the blue. Nothin in there to suggest that.

If Garde only wants it in the summer I expect Charnley to go all out to try and convince him otherwise.

Fuck throwing the whole season.

I'm sure it goes without saying but surely Mike Ashley, as a businessman, would know you have to speculate to accumulate?

Bringing in Garde and forking out for his back room team would surely make financial sense in the long run? Our coaching set up seems completely shite. If we are buying players on the cheap to sell them on for profit, it makes sense to have the coaching and managerial set up in place to ensure these players hit their potential and maximise the profit?

Look at players that have been scouted by Carr and brought in, only to be ruined under Pardew, Carver, Stone etc. Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa - Ashley must look at them and wonder what went wrong.

Then look at the likes of Abeid, promising player brought in, given cup games and the odd Europa League run out then shipped out on loan to Pana, where he was fantastic. Comes back here having developed and looks very good in our team. Bigi, Vuckic, Campbell - all touted as having potential but all have stagnated under this current lot.

All feels like a ploy to avoid giving a new manager any money. Drag it out until the transfer window is closed and make out it's because they wanted to take the time to make the "right" decision. Arseholes.

If I knew Garde would be in post at the end of the window I can't honestly say I'd be that arsed about spending money in January.

Out of the blue. Nothin in there to suggest that.

If Garde only wants it in the summer I expect Charnley to go all out to try and convince him otherwise.

f*** throwing the whole season.

It is largely over like.

I'm sure it goes without saying but surely Mike Ashley, as a businessman, would know you have to speculate to accumulate?

Bringing in Garde and forking out for his back room team would surely make financial sense in the long run? Our coaching set up seems completely s****. If we are buying players on the cheap to sell them on for profit, it makes sense to have the coaching and managerial set up in place to ensure these players hit their potential and maximise the profit?

Look at players that have been scouted by Carr and brought in, only to be ruined under Pardew, Carver, Stone etc. Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa - Ashley must look at them and wonder what went wrong.

Then look at the likes of Abeid, promising player brought in, given cup games and the odd Europa League run out then shipped out on loan to Pana, where he was fantastic. Comes back here having developed and looks very good in our team. Bigi, Vuckic, Campbell - all touted as having potential but all have stagnated under this current lot.

naive in a lot of ways.

Look at his SD stores and talk about speculate to accumulate. Pile it high, sell it cheap. Have as low costs as possible for a retial outlet - that's his business model.

We'll never get every transfer right nor development. Pardew had a few misses but he had some big scores too.

Bringing in Garde and forking out for his back room team would surely make financial sense in the long run? Our coaching set up seems completely s****. If we are buying players on the cheap to sell them on for profit, it makes sense to have the coaching and managerial set up in place to ensure these players hit their potential and maximise the profit?

naive in a lot of ways.

Look at his SD stores and talk about speculate to accumulate. Pile it high, sell it cheap. Have as low costs as possible for a retial outlet - that's his business model.

We'll never get every transfer right nor development. Pardew had a few misses but he had some big scores too.

Not sure it's naive at all to be honest. Simplistic maybe, but not naive.

You think Ashley shelled out £12m on Cabella to sell him for £8m in a couple of years?

£6m on Yanga-Mbiwa to sell him for the same price?

Guest antz1uk

am i being daft here or what, If they want him, and he want to come, why can't he take up the job, geet his feet under the table, utilise the three stooges in some way for now then bring in his own people at the end of the season.