Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Carver obviously could not be justified on his results previously or at the moment but he fits two desirable criteria for Ashley:

1. Would toe the line and is unlikely to speak out of turn.

2. Cheap.

He also could be sold as a Geordie to us gullible fans.

Not sure why the Lyon staff would be gasping to move if they're still working with the new guy.

££££££££££££

Reckon it's a bit different when it's 40-50 year old backroom blokes though.

True, also would they want to disrespect Lynn by leaving mid season?

I think we are in a pickle and it will be Carver until the end of the season personally.

I'm certain if he gets it, and doesn't take us down, he will get it permanently.

That would fit with our pr tricks off the past.

We tried to get Garde but couldn't get it over the line.

John has come in as he knows the club inside out and done a solid job in very tough conditions. (after Southampton game of course)

We stay up John is appointed on the back of doing a good job keeping us up.

Imagine if Carver stays for the rest of the season and we don't win many games at all (likely) and having to hear the press going on about Pardew while he's on a lucky run with Palace :(

I'd worry more about the probable scenario of us getting relegated and Pardew keeping Palace up at our expense, I have seen nothing at all that indicates Carver will get the results needed to stay up. And theres the inevitable sale of a player or two, probably Sissoko maybe Cisse and Tiote to take into account as well

There's more chance of this being our excuse for him not being interested and/or cheap enough IMO.

That's the thing, he is THE cheap option :lol: the rest would require compensation.

Sherwood wouldn't. That's who we'll end up with.

The club want someone who will accept the fact that they have no control over transfers.

That rules out Sherwood immediately.

They were the conditions at Tottenham.

and you may have noticed he isn't there now. He was rather public in his disagreements with Levy and how he runs things and Levy is saintly in comparison to Ashley

Aye that hadn't passed me by like or that it wasn't Sherwood's decision to go.

It's very difficult looking at that fixture run and seeing us getting many points under Carver. I see anywhere from 7 in a relegation total, to 15 or so if things pick up. It's just tough to understand how the team will play in each game. We play well against Chelsea but awful against Burnley. Each resulting in less than the points we need from the two games combined. We're a very weird team to predict this season.

Tbf we played well in first half of both games and s**** in 2nd half of both.

If we get a new manager (not Carver) I can see the usual complaint that new managers all make. "What was the previous manager doing? These players aren't fit."

Imagine if Carver stays for the rest of the season and we don't win many games at all (likely) and having to hear the press going on about Pardew while he's on a lucky run with Palace :(

I'd worry more about the probable scenario of us getting relegated and Pardew keeping Palace up at our expense, I have seen nothing at all that indicates Carver will get the results needed to stay up. And theres the inevitable sale of a player or two, probably Sissoko maybe Cisse and Tiote to take into account as well

Oh no. That's relegation nailed on if that happens...

There's more chance of this being our excuse for him not being interested and/or cheap enough IMO.

That's the thing, he is THE cheap option :lol: the rest would require compensation.

Sherwood wouldn't. That's who we'll end up with.

The club want someone who will accept the fact that they have no control over transfers.

That rules out Sherwood immediately.

They were the conditions at Tottenham.

He also said live on TV the other week he would snap their hands off for the job if offered.

Aye

Oh no. That's relegation nailed on if that happens...

ok granted that might be ok on its own but the squad isn't exactly deep to begin with here removing options for whomever is in charge and who will not be replaced until summer at best (if at all) is not something I'm in favour of.

I hope to god they do remove Tiote like, fucking liability, costs us so much possession and puts everyone under pressure.  Obviously the other two would be very unwelcome, mental to sell them obviously (especially Sissoko).