Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Carver wouldn't take us down.

I've not seen a huge amount of football this season but I've seen enough to know that we're not going down. Every single player would have to switch off entirely for that to happen; and the majority either care enough to keep going or are playing for a summer move. It's not going to happen. There's far too much s*** in the league.

hmm, we struggled to a home draw with Burnley. I wouldn't be so sure

Same :thup:

We haven't won a game under this moron and I'd struggle to see where the points would come from.

Its easy to look at the fixture list and struggle to see where points will come from.  But the fact is we've got 27 at the moment and need somewhere around 10-11 more to more or less guarantee we stay up (less than 10 would probably even do and often does in this league).  Which is 0.64 points per game (for 11 more), which is 24 points when over the course of a full season.  Not a chance does our squad even managerless fail to get those points.

I think it's easy to be complacent and think points are easy to come by. Pardew only got 13 points from 17 games to finish last season. Most people assume Carver to be worse. Any chance he can do three or four points worse than Pardew? I'd say there's a chance and that makes it a risk, one that we'd be daft to take. You don't even take slim risks with premier league survival. There's just too much at stake.

Carver has a better team/squad at his disposal than Pardew did for that second half of the season (especially since the mong refused to even entertain the idea of playing Marveaux or Ben Arfa), and to be honest nothing I've seen so far makes him worse anyway.  I mean he's looked shit, and so did Pardew.

To put this into perspective even in our relegation season we managed 11 points from the last 17 games, despite only getting 1 point from the first 3 of those 17 games.

Carver in charge till the summer would be painful to watch.  It would only be bearable if we already had a contract signed for a real manager like Garde ect, otherwise I'd be disgusted by the decision.  But I wouldn't fear relegation.

EDIT:  It was 16 points from 17 at the end of last season.

It's very difficult looking at that fixture run and seeing us getting many points under Carver. I see anywhere from 7 in a relegation total, to 15 or so if things pick up. It's just tough to understand how the team will play in each game. We play well against Chelsea but awful against Burnley. Each resulting in less than the points we need from the two games combined. We're a very weird team to predict this season.

There's more chance of this being our excuse for him not being interested and/or cheap enough IMO.

That's the thing, he is THE cheap option :lol: the rest would require compensation.

Sherwood wouldn't. That's who we'll end up with.

The club want someone who will accept the fact that they have no control over transfers.

That rules out Sherwood immediately.

They were the conditions at Tottenham.

He also said live on TV the other week he would snap their hands off for the job if offered.

It's very difficult looking at that fixture run and seeing us getting many points under Carver. I see anywhere from 7 in a relegation total, to 15 or so if things pick up. It's just tough to understand how the team will play in each game. We play well against Chelsea but awful against Burnley. Each resulting in less than the points we need from the two games combined. We're a very weird team to predict this season.

Tbf we played well in first half of both games and shite in 2nd half of both.

We failed to beat Palace at home this season under Pardew and he always gets pissed on at Stamford Bridge, so I'm not sure there's much difference their.  Anyway I'm going to stop even contemplating Carver for the rest of the season now, no reason to put myself through it.

Serious club pays Lyon to get the staff. Simple.

Cheapstake club keeps the Wolves supporting monkey.

Imagine if this breaks down coz we won't pay for his preferred backroom staff man.

It's a double whammy as we'd have to shift our existing jokers.

Only double whammy mike likes is the sort he can eat, fat cunt

Serious club pays Lyon to get the staff. Simple.

Cheapstake club keeps the Wolves supporting monkey.

Imagine if this breaks down coz we won't pay for his preferred backroom staff man.

You make it sound like this would be an unexpected turn of events. :lol:

There's more chance of this being our excuse for him not being interested and/or cheap enough IMO.

That's the thing, he is THE cheap option :lol: the rest would require compensation.

Sherwood wouldn't. That's who we'll end up with.

The club want someone who will accept the fact that they have no control over transfers.

That rules out Sherwood immediately.

They were the conditions at Tottenham.

and you may have noticed he isn't there now. He was rather public in his disagreements with Levy and how he runs things and Levy is saintly in comparison to Ashley

Carver wouldn't take us down.

I've not seen a huge amount of football this season but I've seen enough to know that we're not going down. Every single player would have to switch off entirely for that to happen; and the majority either care enough to keep going or are playing for a summer move. It's not going to happen. There's far too much s*** in the league.

hmm, we struggled to a home draw with Burnley. I wouldn't be so sure

Same :thup:

We haven't won a game under this moron and I'd struggle to see where the points would come from.

Its easy to look at the fixture list and struggle to see where points will come from.  But the fact is we've got 27 at the moment and need somewhere around 10-11 more to more or less guarantee we stay up (less than 10 would probably even do and often does in this league).  Which is 0.64 points per game (for 11 more), which is 24 points when over the course of a full season.  Not a chance does our squad even managerless fail to get those points.

I think it's easy to be complacent and think points are easy to come by. Pardew only got 13 points from 17 games to finish last season. Most people assume Carver to be worse. Any chance he can do three or four points worse than Pardew? I'd say there's a chance and that makes it a risk, one that we'd be daft to take. You don't even take slim risks with premier league survival. There's just too much at stake.

Carver has a much better team/squad at his disposal than Pardew did for that second half of the season (especially since the mong refused to even entertain the idea of playing Marveaux or Ben Arfa), and to be honest nothing I've seen so far makes him worse anyway.  I mean he's looked s***, and so did Pardew.

To put this into perspective even in our relegation season we managed 11 points from the last 17 games, despite only getting 1 point from the first 3 of those 17 games.

Carver in charge till the summer would be painful to watch.  It would only be bearable if we already had a contract signed for a real manager like Garde ect, otherwise I'd be disgusted by the decision.  But I wouldn't fear relegation.

At a normal club I'd agree with all that. It's also very unlikely we won't at least fumble out of it somehow. This is Newcastle though, where the impossible level of crapness becomes possible. I won't be hugely worried about relegation, but it'll be a bit of a worry till I see us do something positive like win a game. I could be waiting a while for that judging by current circumstances.

I do actually think Carver is worse than Pardew. He has no bearing that commands respect, or would create desire in the players. It's easy to write those qualities off from Pardew, because he's awful. Carver though makes even worse decisions and can't even comment to the press in a way that seems to make him a plausible coach. Given the job till the end of the season he's a lame duck manager who the players will slack off with. I have no doubt of that.

Even if we don't get relegated, I really fear for the direction of the club if we appoint Carver. It's just cheap and crap in every way. There's lots of managers we could get in the meantime if we just showed the real desire to get them. I'm sure Garde will come if we get things right and if he doesn't it's because we've messed up badly and been cheap as usual.

Not sure why the Lyon staff would be gasping to move if they're still working with the new guy.

££££££££££££

Reckon it's a bit different when it's 40-50 year old backroom blokes though.

For all the talk of only needing X points to stay up, we're currently only 8 points off relegation with a goal difference worse than the team in 18th. There are some terrible teams down there but Carver could well level the playing field.