NUFC finances

Paully

Fully expect to hear them spin this. Probably something along the lines of how difficult it is to buy players once selling clubs know that you 've got cash to spend. Won't be held to ransom, still looking for value, move on to other targets etc.

The plan won't change, having money in the bank will suddenly become a hindrance rather than an advantage.

Aye it's remarkable how they spout that shit and no one questions it.

Can you imagine how much money NUFC would have if Ashley wasn't advertising his own brands for free.

More money in the bank, then the new TV deal. Minted!

Am sure it's been suggested that we've missed out on £50million worth of matchday advertising, since he bought the club. Scandelous, really. :(

Can you imagine how much money NUFC would have if Ashley wasn't advertising his own brands for free.

Am sure it's been suggested that we've missed out on £50million worth of matchday advertising, since he bought the club. Scandelous, really. :(

Madness, he could have taken 25 mil for his loan repayment and then club would have had 25 mil to play with in the transfer market. 

:undecided:

Expecting a large chunk of debt to be wiped off with these figures, although looking at our current squad (and management) the entire amount could really do with be invested back into the club.

:yao:

Madness

I think that it's not right.

Matchday advertising on hoardings, walls and the roof is a relatively low income affair.  The whole Premier League was looking at entering into partnerships so every team shared the same sponsors, but Man U refused as they're the only ones that already make a significant wedge.

Apparently in 2009 the 19 clubs other than Man U only shared an income of £10m per season from it.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/oct/22/manchester-united-champions-league-advertising

Whatever the amount though, it's Ashley's shop being put ahead of NUFC, and a similar approach is taken to retail.

I'm expecting a £69m profit this week by the way.  That's my guess :)

Guest Roger Kint

The club(well the Chronicle) reckon its closer to £35m dont they? Guess we find out tomorrow/Wednesday when the FF minutes are published. Dont worry though they are looking at a £5m defender to wipe out our profits. God bless them for risking financial disaster to do that........

The club(well the Chronicle) reckon its closer to £35m dont they? Guess we find out tomorrow/Wednesday when the FF minutes are published. Dont worry though they are looking at a £5m defender to wipe out our profits. God bless them for risking financial disaster to do that........

Do the minutes normally come out the next day?  Thought it took a few days.  But I expect the club will do a statement on the accounts to spin the news as the headline figures would leak following the forum anyway.

I don't think the Chronicle have a clue... or the Telegraph, who have guessed at somewhere between £30m to £50m.

Do the minutes normally come out the next day?  Thought it took a few days.  But I expect the club will do a statement on the accounts to spin the news as the headline figures would leak following the forum anyway.

I don't think the Chronicle have a clue... or the Telegraph, who have guessed at somewhere between £30m to £50m.

I think the minutes are meant to come out the next day but they have to be approved or seen by all those attending first so that can cause a delay.

Guest Roger Kint

I think the minutes are meant to come out the next day but they have to be approved or seen by all those attending first so that can cause a delay.

Aye its usually pending approval but the headline of the accounts should be released in the next 24 hours imo. No doubt at 11pm tonight :lol:

Whatever it is, it'll be a hefty profit, meanwhile we have a threadbare squad lacking any sort of bite in numerous positions and a deckhand masquerading as a head coach.

But you know what? Support the team, fund the regime, that's my mantra. Ashley will get his one day, the fat fuck can't outrun Karma forever.

Guest Roger Kint

No way that the figures are staying a secret for 48 hours after the FF finishes like

The threat of a ban from any future FF might be enough to deter it?

Never stopped little bits getting out before.

Madness

Matchday advertising on hoardings, walls and the roof is a relatively low income affair.  The whole Premier League was looking at entering into partnerships so every team shared the same sponsors, but Man U refused as they're the only ones that already make a significant wedge.

Apparently in 2009 the 19 clubs other than Man U only shared an income of £10m per season from it.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/oct/22/manchester-united-champions-league-advertising

Whatever the amount though, it's Ashley's shop being put ahead of NUFC, and a similar approach is taken to retail.

So 19 clubs agree to a profit sharing sponsorship deal and 1 club turns it down. Thus stopping the whole idea.

How?

Madness

So 19 clubs agree to a profit sharing sponsorship deal and 1 club turns it down. Thus stopping the whole idea.

How?

It never got past the exploratory stage it seems.  Like the article suggests, the people looking at it were the people with most to lose by recommending it go ahead.

Only brought it up as evidence that pitchside advertising is basically a pittance as it stood in 2009.  Half a million per club per season.