Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 28/02/15 - post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

Thought we could have been beat yesterday but in the second half we played some decent stuff, especially on the counter.

Same old bullshit;

Why don't we work on Kruls kicking?

Why is Williamson getting a game and allowed to hoof?

Why are we hitting set pieces to Williamson still?

Why a aren't they working on Obertans end product?

Why don't we try and keep possession (this was Villa)?

Why bring Gouffran on and go deep and narrow for the last 20?

How's Riviere getting a game over Perez?

Too many repeat performances from our management IMO. That said Villa were God awful and we showed at least some decent stuff.

I really don't think they do much training, at least based on the evidence we see. They probably run around a bit, do some gym work, and spend the entire week "preparing for the oppisition" - how to nullify, danger men, shape etc.

Fucking shambles of a sporting club.

:thup:

Still a decent record

We have a great record against Villa over the Premier League years, better than against any other club I think but that's partly a by-product of them being one of the mainstays without having pulled up many trees.

Thought Cisse played well yesterday especially considering the complete plank he was asked to play alongside.

Cisse doesn't score without Riviere's involvement.  He ran across the front post and challenged for the ball, which prevented an easy clearance.  Riviere did loads of dirty work, chasing down 50/50s, winning territory with some solid hold-up play.  Worried people aren't going to see all of that good work and give him a hard time for not scoring.

Reckon he'll start scoring on a consistent - but well spaced - basis after a run of games.  And besides, playing as Cisse's support, scoring isn't his main priority as daft as that sounds for a striker. 

He looked really threatening on corners yesterday.

Yeah, he was the only player on the pitch that looked capable of doing a bit of much needed hold-up play - essential to battle against the onslaught Burnley were in the midst of delivering - only that Carver hooked him :lol:

cant wait for these to go down, yep still hold a grudge for the way they went on - could totally understand the mackems being overjoyed but I didnt get the animosity from Villa.

Love this video just before the 6-0 drubbing we gave them on our return.

We could do with a decent Villa linked "who's your messiah now?" candidate ready for their drop.  Shame nobody had one of those banners ready to wave on Saturday.

Thought Cisse played well yesterday especially considering the complete plank he was asked to play alongside.

Cisse doesn't score without Riviere's involvement.  He ran across the front post and challenged for the ball, which prevented an easy clearance.  Riviere did loads of dirty work, chasing down 50/50s, winning territory with some solid hold-up play.  Worried people aren't going to see all of that good work and give him a hard time for not scoring.

Exactly.

Emile Heskey used to get pelters but like Riviere he was prepared to do the donkey work and create space for others to score.

We could do with a decent Villa linked "who's your messiah now?" candidate ready for their drop.  Shame nobody had one of those banners ready to wave on Saturday.

Prince William is a Villa Fan.

Nigel kennedy, the violinist.

Out of all the games to criticise Cisse's link up play, yesterday, really? Thought it was absolutely fine, and he scored the goal that won the game

You may think so but I thought he was crap - as usual. He may have scored the goal - and God be thanked for that - but his general play and control is amateurish. He also lacks pace and is now just a poacher who I would sell if we had a club run by a professional instead of a greedy tight-fisted Market trader who won't pay market rate for a decent CF.

You obviously weren't following the club when we had Shearer up front or even David Kelly, let alone Supermac.

With Mandoon here, like. Cisse played perfectly well yesterday. We all know he's not Shearer or Supermac but I couldn't care less if he keeps scoring a goal every 85 minutes or whatever his rate it. Neither should you.

I know what I care about - what YOU think it should be, is not a consideration..by the way, did YOU actually see Macdonald play for us..?

That was probably the most painfully poor "top level" game of football I have ever had the misfortune to sit through.

Sitting through the poor tactics and players playing shit against an opposition even more abject than us & scraping a 1-0 win made me think that it doesn't bode well for next season if Carver gets the gig full time & we apply the usual paucity of investment in the squad this summer.

I think I`ll lump as much as I can on ManU Wednesday for what much surely be a guarantee of a bumming. 

That was probably the most painfully poor "top level" game of football I have ever had the misfortune to sit through.

Sitting through the poor tactics and players playing s*** against an opposition even more abject than us & scraping a 1-0 win made me think that it doesn't bode well for next season if Carver gets the gig full time & we apply the usual paucity of investment in the squad this summer.

I think I`ll lump as much as I can on ManU Wednesday for what much surely be a guarantee of a bumming. 

Even worse than that 0-1 defeat to Sheffield United under Roeder?

Guest ElCid

Reckon he'll start scoring on a consistent - but well spaced - basis after a run of games.  And besides, playing as Cisse's support, scoring isn't his main priority as daft as that sounds for a striker. 

He looked really threatening on corners yesterday.

Do you? well his scoring record certainly doesn't back you up

Sitting through the poor tactics and players playing s*** against an opposition even more abject than us & scraping a 1-0 win made me think that it doesn't bode well for next season if Carver gets the gig full time & we apply the usual paucity of investment in the squad this summer.

Even worse than that 0-1 defeat to Sheffield United under Roeder?

Or our 1-0 loss to Derby under Allardyce?  A Derby side that up until then had only 1 point and ended the season with 11.

Or our 1-0 loss to Derby under Allardyce?  A Derby side that up until that point had only 1 point and ended the season with 11.

We gave them 4 of those 11 points  :lol: :lol: :lol: