Summer clear-out

LoveItIfWeBeatU

So there's supposedly a clear-out planned in the Summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31995543

20 March 2015 Last updated at 22:39

Newcastle boss John Carver expects summer clear-out

Newcastle manager John Carver claims a significant number of players will leave in a summer "clear-out".

"It's pretty obvious to the man in the street and to the professionals," said Carver. "It has to be done."

Carver, who took over in January, says he has spoken to Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley to identify what needs to be done.

"There are people out of contract, there are people who are not good enough," added the Magpies boss.

Newcastle, who lie 11th in the Premier League table, entertain third-placed Arsenal on Saturday.

In the run-up to the game, Carver, 50, has expressed his anger at comments from Match of Day pundit Phil Neville.

The former Manchester United and Everton player said the Newcastle squad "had their flip-flops on" after last weekend's defeat to Everton.

"I was a bit astonished when people came out and talked about us being on the beach and wearing flip-flops," said Carver. "How can players do that when they know that everybody is playing for their futures?"

The contracts of Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez, Sammy Ameobi, Jak Alnwick, Remie Streete, Adam Campbell and Lubomir Satka all expire in June 2015. I doubt any of them will be offered a new deal apart from Sammy. We must buy at least one player who can take good free kicks to replace and upgrade on Ryan Taylor.

The contracts of Fabricio Coloccini, Mike Williamson, Rob Elliot, Haris Vučkić, Gabriel Obertan, Steven Taylor, Mehdi Abeid, Shane Ferguson, Sylvain Marveaux, Kevin Mbabu and Alex Gilliead all expire in June 2016. Out of all those players I could only see the club possibly considering offering Abeid a new contract. I'm sure NUFC would be happy to sell most of them if they could get a fee.

Contract end dates taken from: -

http://www.nufc.com/2014-15html/squad.html

Media stories have linked Tiote, Sissoko and Cissé with moves away.

Personally I'd be happy if we also moved on Anita, Gouffran and Riviere.

There will be a lot of rebuilding required and a lot of dead wood to get rid of. The problem is going to be trying to sell the players we want to move on and keeping those we want to keep.

We need to build a team around Krul, Janmatt, Sissoko, Cissé, Perez, Cabella and maybe De Jong and Aarons.

Problem being the fact the players you'd want to build a club around are the most valuable and therefore the most likely to be sold in order to fund any additions. It's a pointless thread tbh, if we functioned like a normal football club then it would be a decent idea but we have no intention of 'building' anything. We buy players for the wrong reasons without a thought as to how they'll complement each other on the park. We buy players in order to sell them on at a profit. 

Trying to second-guess who'll come and who'll go is pointless, it'll come down to money as it always does with Ashley. Every single penny counts, fuck the club. 

Struggling to think who I'd keep. We will have a clear out of those contracts running out and any decent bid for some of our more thought of players. We will offer minor contracts to the younger ones, if thry reject then they'll leave or be sold if they've got a year left.

Who'll come in? Whoever is cheap.

Problem being the fact the players you'd want to build a club around are the most valuable and therefore the most likely to be sold in order to fund any additions. It's a pointless thread tbh, if we functioned like a normal football club then it would be a decent idea but we have no intention of 'building' anything. We buy players for the wrong reasons without a thought as to how they'll complement each other on the park. We buy players in order to sell them on at a profit. 

Trying to second-guess who'll come and who'll go is pointless, it'll come down to money as it always does with Ashley. Every single penny counts, f*** the club.

Would be a nice change of pace with this kind of discussion I think. But I fully agree with what you're saying here.

It's very easy to just say get rid of this guy and that guy. But with our club that would just mean a smaller squad than it already is since we never look to replace what we get rid of (unless we count a couple of seasons later on of course).

So it's just saying let's deplete this already depleted squad even more and dream about the players we won't see coming here.

3 cheap bargain in, 1~2 youngsters like Perez, give new contracts to Haidara, Abeid and Sammy, rebuild done. Sell Krul Sissoko Cisse Anita Janmaat keep Riviere Raylor.

A clear out means time to earn money.  I fully expect the shittest outcome. 

Trying to second-guess who'll come and who'll go is pointless, it'll come down to money as it always does with Ashley. Every single penny counts, fuck the club. 

It's a stupid way to run a football club.  If they bought properly and the players did well on the pitch then they'd be worth more.  What we're doing at the moment is buying players and then devaluing them by having them perform poorly in a shambolic setup.

I'd get rid of

- the owner

- the management

- the coaching staff

- the fans

- the players (except Krul, Janmaat, Haidara, Sissoko, Tiote, Abeid, Sammy, Aarons, Cabella, Perez)

- the spineless media

Only have 3 (Perez, Janmaat, Cisse) cash salable assets that anyone would probably come close to giving the club what the club want so probably get rid of one of them as well as all but Sammy (young, cheap and might get better/salable in future) of the contract lot.

What unsuitable soon to be having contract wrangles chaff comes in is anyones guess.

I don't hold out high hopes for the Summer. Mike Ashley wants NUFC to stay in the Premiership. The form has been relegation form during most of the season. He'll simply have to invest to ensure Premiership status.

We need new centre backs but will Ashley sanction the purchase of a decent centre back or two? If not this Summer then he'll have to purchase at least 2 or 3 next Summer to replace those whose contracts have expired. Jamaal Lascelles is incoming but the ones we currently have will be difficult to shift: -

Fabricio Coloccini will probably stay for the last season of his contract as no other club would pay him the wages.

Steven Taylor will probably stay for the last season of his contract as no other club would take a risk on him considering his injury record.

Mike Williamson could possibly be sold to a newly promoted Premiership side or Championship club. It's also the last season of his contract so he may decide to stay to the end.

I'd get rid of

- the owner

- the management

- the coaching staff

- the fans

- the players (except Krul, Janmaat, Haidara, Sissoko, Tiote, Abeid, Sammy, Aarons, Cabella, Perez)

- the spineless media

Seconded.

I'd get rid of

- the owner

- the management

- the coaching staff

- the fans

- the spineless media

Yes  :thup:   

But, hey... a clear-out.... yeah, as if that would ever happen irl.

If Sammy is kept, I hope it is only on the basis of him being a "squad player" / bench warmer. He is not good enough to start PL games imo, but is an acceptable player to fill in for a couple of games due to injuries.

We really need a massive clear out, but only require to sign two, possibly three for the first team and rest as squad players

--------Krul---------

Janm NEW NEW Haid

---Siss Tiot Abeid----

-Cabel---------NEW/Aarons

-----Perez/D.Jong-----

Depending on opposition, put Abeid as the DM, with De Jong making up the three and Perez up top. This is my opinion of not knowing much about De Jong, not even sure if he can play as a lone striker?

I'd be amazed if Moussa is here at the end of the August transfer window.

Can't see anyone bidding anywhere near what we value him at so unless he kicks up a fuss (more than likely) I doubt he'll go.

Can't see anyone bidding anywhere near what we value him at so unless he kicks up a fuss (more than likely) I doubt he'll go.

I'm sure he'll do exactly that though. And you can't blame him either.

Thing is the new tv deal cash means clubs have never been richer and he's almost perfectly designed for this league. There's only one thing clubs are going to do with the extra cash and that's to spend heavier and offer more and more to the players.

Thing is the new tv deal cash means clubs have never been richer and he's almost perfectly designed for this league. There's only one thing clubs are going to do with the extra cash and that's to spend heavier and offer more and more to the players.

Hmmm potentially but I'm not sure he'd be that arsed in moving to another alsoran even if it was for a pay increase.

Saying that he might be a decent squad filler at a bigger club, replace Diaby, Paulinho or some knacker.

It would be interesting to see what the posturing would be like if someone did table a, say, £12m bid.

Hmmm potentially but I'm not sure he'd be that arsed in moving to another alsoran even if it was for a pay increase.

Saying that he might be a decent squad filler at a bigger club, replace Diaby, Paulinho or some knacker.

It would be interesting to see what the posturing would be like if someone did table a, say, £12m bid.

That's the level I'm thinking. :thup:

Don't think he's good enough to be a starter at Arsenal but he'd be a hell of an option off the bench if they needed something a bit different.