The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

People shouldn't really give much of a damn about how Pardew does for his new team. Bottom line is that he was crap for NUFC, he isn't here anymore and that's a good thing.

:thup: He could go on and win the Champions League at Palace, but it doesn't change his record when he was here.

Imagine that :lol:

then I'm not inclined to forgive or forget SackPardew for potentially losing us the best coach we could have had for however long we end up lumbered with Ashley.

But I thought you said they had nothing to do with it?

Guest firetotheworks

Err...

The Sack Pardew campaign only succeeded in making us look fickle.

and he's gone as a result of it.

That implies a direct relation between the campaign and his departure that I don't think is supported by the evidence.

And Pardew is gone, but it quite clearly had nothing to do with being 'weakened' by the campaign. He was 'bulletproof' because Ashley didn't want him to go, and the campaign changed that how exactly? It didn't. Anyone claiming it did is a fantasist. The most likely and obvious explanation for any increase in the protests was simply because we were losing and playing poorly, as it would have done regardless of the 'campaigns' (which I only remember as handing out those A4 printouts). The only effect of the campaign before he decided to leave that I can recall is the ridiculous Carver incident, and the groundswell of support for Pardew in the media (and indeed with some fans) who correctly recognised he was in large part being scapegoated for Ashley's failures.

I really don't recall him crying - maybe I just wasn't so emotionally vested in the noble goal of destroying the man just to get him to leave, that it passed me by. Did it happen in his last game? Is that the point? Is that the smoking gun evidence that the campaign worked?

Media reporting the fact fans are holding up banners isn't surprising. Fans believing the media up to that point didn't know the fans didn't like Pardew, or hadn't liked him from the start, and this only changed because of SackPardew, is a stretch to say the least.

My point was that SackPardew was not a success.

then...

If he repeats this next season and we end up below them, then I'm not inclined to forgive or forget SackPardew for potentially losing us the best coach we could have had for however long we end up lumbered with Ashley.

Not a WUM apparently. :lol:

Having looked at the fixtures for each of the bottom 6, I don't know what's best for tonight. Villa have tough games, whilst QPR need to start closing the gap - shame they can't both win.

I'm pretty sure Hull are going down though. They face Southampton, Liverpool, Palace, Arsenal, Burnley, Spurs and Man Utd. No idea where they'll get 5 or 6 points from.

Having looked at the fixtures for each of the bottom 6, I don't know what's best for tonight. Villa have tough games, whilst QPR need to start closing the gap - shame they can't both win.

I'm pretty sure Hull are going down though. They face Southampton, Liverpool, Palace, Arsenal, Burnley, Spurs and Man Utd. No idea where they'll get 5 or 6 points from.

Dogshite sides sometimes prefer good opposition where they can put eleven bodies behind the ball, and with the exception of Arsenal and Chelsea, the "big sides" are fairly shite at breaking down teams that do that.