NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They had to rush the official announcement because it got leaked in the doc. 

They didn’t have to rush it. This timing was the plan

I heard via a top bod at Adidas ages ago that the new deal would be revealed in the Amazon doc. And any marketing campaign would have to kick off once the doc had aired   

Which is exactly what’s happened 

Whether the episode “leak” was accidental or it was sneaky marketing we might not know, but it certainly created a buzz 

And everything Adidas are doing also ties in nicely with the Champs League draw, maximum impact 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

Why? Is it any different from grown men wearing replica shirts or other clubwear?

Just looks like the kinda thing you’d run about the playground up to your mates to show them off. 

2 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Whether the episode “leak” was accidental or it was sneaky marketing we might not know, but it certainly created a buzz 

Was surely an accident. There was no gain from ‘revealing’ it early. Imagine how much more of a buzz this morning if people wake up, head off to work and keep seeing these adidas signs all over the place, then they see or hear about the documentary, then the announcement comes. Would have been so much better

I don’t get it.

The Amazon documentary isn’t on traditional broadcast. They could have had an episode drop later in the season, or at the end. They could have went all out. Had an episode dedicated to the deal, people designing it, and the final product revealed.

Instead we have nearly a year until you can buy any of their shirts, a number of buildings tagged in Newcastle with the Adidas stripes for no reason, and possibly the clubs own merchandise sales falling because people would rather wait it out and get the Adidas stuff.

Just now, Stifler said:

I don’t get it.

The Amazon documentary isn’t on traditional broadcast. They could have had an episode drop later in the season, or at the end. They could have went all out. Had an episode dedicated to the deal, people designing it, and the final product revealed.

Instead we have nearly a year until you can buy any of their shirts, a number of buildings tagged in Newcastle with the Adidas stripes for no reason, and possibly the clubs own merchandise sales falling because people would rather wait it out and get the Adidas stuff.

Well this is an interesting take.

You're right about waiting it out though, although TBF I always knew I wouldn't buy anything until Castore were gone. 

I remember my mate used to deliver The Chronicle and so decorated his entire bedroom with the free Andy Cole poster you got in The Pink. Like his entire room completely covered and wallpaper pasted over, like he was a stalker. I can't even imagine the pain he went through having to scrape them all off when we sold him. :lol:

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well this is an interesting take.

You're right about waiting it out though, although TBF I always knew I wouldn't buy anything until Castore were gone. 

I have to say I agree with him. Has anyone in the history of football announced a new supplier for the next season 3 games in to a season and what just over a month after castore revealed the 3rd kit. It’s all very bizarre but it’s also exciting have to say that 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I remember my mate used to deliver The Chronicle and so decorated his entire bedroom with the free Andy Cole poster you got in The Pink. Like his entire room completely covered and wallpaper pasted over, like he was a stalker. I can't even imagine the pain he went through having to scrape them all off when we sold him. :lol:

????

Full Alan Partridge treatment:

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I don’t get it.

My feeling is this is a fuck you to Castore.  If the deal is as bad as what people say and we gain little from the shirt sales this is a very efficient way to piss them off.  Before Christmas kill a decent amount of sales by 1 announcing it and 2 opening a way to register interest.

The way they have handled this is night and day to the sponsors.

Something has gone on behind the scenes for sure.  I don't believe this but maybe they found out that Ashley does have his fingers in the pot.  More likely the termination of the deal was not smooth.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t get it.

If its true the club only get a small percentage anyway, then as I said yesterday, they'll be getting even less anyway as Crapstore can't even supply the current demand. 

Seems to have been particularly bad this summer, which has probably been why the club has pushed to break the deal.

Also, theres the quality issues which has led to loads of people heading to the likes of DHGate for cheaper shirts, or even just because DHGate can actually supply!

No doubt Crapstore will still try and push out a load of limited edition stuff and multiple training/travel wear ranges, but yeah, be interested to see how they sell, if they do.

1 minute ago, RS said:

Some fucking moaning going on this season. Strips, cards, tickets, stadium.  Was less whinging when big Mike was at the helm. 

Can’t see anyone moaning in here. Other than at Amazon for revealing it early. It’s great news that we are with adidas 

The club must get absolute peanuts from the sale of the Castore merchandise because announcing this now is going to torpedo current season merchandise. Id assume if you haven’t bought some gear or kit yet, you’ll just think twice or wait for it to be on an enormous discount. Which further seems to point that the club are well and truly over the partnership with Castore. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

The club must get absolute peanuts from the sale of the Castore merchandise because announcing this now is going to torpedo current season merchandise. Id assume if you haven’t bought some gear or kit yet, you’ll just think twice or wait for it to be on an enormous discount. Which further seems to point that the club are well and truly over the partnership with Castore. 

I’d imagine so. The club shop is just a Newcastle branded castore shop I’m sure. It’ll be great to get an actual club shop back. Not a castore store or a sports direct 

37 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Get the fuck in. Pencil cases and curtains are back. 

They used to do so much, you used to be able to get wallpaper, until that got diverted to Ashley’s wallet.

Loads of clubs now have Lego versions of their stadiums, and Subbuto players etc. Heck at one point we had a Monopoly board. We used to sell the best Sarsaparilla sweets.

When Ashley came in though it just went downhill on what you could get, I went info’s Hull’s club shops once before a match and they had PlayStation skins and all sorts. The new Spurs mega store is massive, for the NFL they have enough space for a decent amount of every team merchandise. I don’t think I could imagine what they fill it with when Spurs play there.

Aye most of it is tacky, but kids love it and it gets them involved in the club.

We can’t even buy an iPhone case without having to use Redbubble.