NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

Especially as the nods to the UAE/Abu Dhabi at MCFC are mainly sponsorship in their stadium name, shirt sponsor, abroad training camps et cetera. But they've never made Man City a borderline copy of the UAE national side shirt or the colours of the flag of the UAE or Abu Dhabi. It's just taking the piss, that. Fuck off.

28 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Looking at that away top again, sorry I just can't get away with that. I want a Newcastle United away shirt, not a fucking Saudi national shirt. Personally really uncomfortable about it. Change the crest to the normal colours at least.

The fuck are Castore playing at, man.

Yeah agree with this :undecided:

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s also really dumb, like you’d think they’d want to fly under the radar if anything. I don’t get the rationale 

I think the rationale will be they are banking on increased revenue in shirt sales in Saudi. 

Horrible shirt though, and agree with others that it’s not the best idea, at least not so soon after the takeover.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s also really dumb, like you’d think they’d want to fly under the radar if anything. I don’t get the rationale 

Rationale is purely down to getting a foothold into the Saudi market for shirt sales and it could result in massive revenue streams (especially if they can also convince a name player to join). I'm going to say that I'm ok with it, but fair enough for people who are not also. 

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, NWMag said:

I think the rationale will be they are banking on increased revenue in shirt sales in Saudi. 

Horrible shirt though, and agree with others that it’s not the best idea, at least not so soon after the takeover.

It's not horrible, bland fair enough. Not too happy with the tie in with Saudi flag colours myself mind.

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

But surely people would buy it anyway, it’s not the colours that’s going to sway them.

Far more likely to buy it with Saudi colours though.

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Of course it does it increases the revenue sales which are included within the accounts.

PL clubs only get anywhere from 5%-20% commission from shirt sales, the money the clubs get is from the initial deal with the manufacturer. 

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

This is almost certainly propaganda. The vast majority of the revenue comes from the initial deal, with clubs taking a very small commission therafter (see e.g. https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-much-money-do-football-clubs-make-from-shirt-sales/gv14e9wc0vny1vtyr0rxqqan5. Even if it was true, the damage we're doing to our suffering brand greatly outweighs it. We're in danger of becoming too toxic for any legit commercial deal. Think Nike are interested in the 24/25 version? 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

PL clubs only get anywhere from 5%-20% commission from shirt sales, the money the clubs get is from the initial deal with the manufacturer. 

Have a look at the population of Saudi and equate that to 5-20% additional revenue, it will also increase the sponsorship opportunities on the back of it and possibly future kit deals.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Have a look at the population of Saudi and equate that to 5-20% additional revenue, it will also increase the sponsorship opportunities on the back of it and possibly future kit deals.

That's a very optimistic take. Personally I'd rather not have my club which represents where I'm from look like the Saudi national side in a few away games next season for the sake of an extra few million quid tbh.

26 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Shocking decision by Castore and the club to approve this design.

The obvious political / moral associations notwithstanding, on a general level it comes across as so smug, totally taking the piss.

hardly, when the club is 80% arab owned.

Even if kit sales don't drive huge revenue in isolation, if "sales" rocket in SA then we could increase the revenue we get from the manufacturer and then any potential sponsors

As for City, they didn't have these FFP constraints as well as the related party hurdles to overcome, so if this is a creative way around it then so be it

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That's a very optimistic take. Personally I'd rather not have my club which represents where I'm from look like the Saudi national side in a few away games next season for the sake of an extra few million quid tbh.

As I said earlier that's your choice, which I totally accept. 

I understand why some people would be uncomfortable with it, I wouldn't suggest they feel a different way but the reality is our owners are who they are

The connection and link isn't going away, will only get stronger 

Personally I like the shirt, subject to the sponsor I'll be getting it 

Could anyone knock it up in yellow in place of white? 

Might as well make it look like the Brazil kit for when we sign Paqueta, Raphinha and Lodi in the summer.