NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

30 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I do remember a lot not liking it at first but everyone loved it when it came out. Conversely I remember everyone loving the blue 96/97 kit when it was previewed in The Chronicle, then not liking it as much when it was released and the colour was different. 

I prefer the 96/7 away kit to the 95/6 one.

The fabric quality on the Castore top that I just got is absolute light years ahead of the older Adidas/Puma kits I have. It's actually comfortable which is a great start.

Quality-wise, the best shirts I have by an absolute landslide are the Austria (home and away) and Italy home I have from 2021-ish. All Puma. Nothing comes close in terms of quality or fit tbh. I've got a few more Puma internationals favourited on Vinted; they're not even particularly interesting kits; I just know they'll be quality. 

Picked up a recent Umbro one last month - Fluminense. Notwithstanding the utter beauty of it, it's decent, better than what you'd get from DHGate and what-have-you, but sticks to the skin (rolls) that bit more than the Pumas.

My brief venture into the world of Castore was areet; got the sponsorless shirt but sized up, which was unnecessary, so sold it on. But seemed decent aye. 

:milner:

3 hours ago, Jack27 said:

image.thumb.png.269227796eacdfc8496b02ed47b7fbe2.png
from a random Twitter account 

This is it. Not the best ever, but looks way better a) in adult and b) worn!

49 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I prefer the 96/7 away kit to the 95/6 one.

I always knew there was something wrong with you. Turns out you've got a itchiness kink. 

There looks to be a faded grey trim on the side I can just about see on the photo, but could be a lighting trick 

Actually that doesn’t match what I’m looking at. The stripes on both sides are straight stripes, not those horrible arched things 

23 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

First image that comes to mind is Jamie McClen when I see that strip. 

he wasn’t very tall like. 

IMG_5088.jpeg

Or a bloody Shearer

_39148759_shearer_getty.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&i

1 hour ago, Geordie Boyo said:

First image that comes to mind is Jamie McClen when I see that strip. 

he wasn’t very tall like. 

IMG_5088.jpeg

Not a fan at all, the Adidas badge especially.

3 hours ago, ramirez said:

It was fairly prestigious to have adidas then only Liverpool, arsenal and rangers seemed to have them in uk so quite exotic too. 

Arsenal were Nike by the time we were Adidas too

5 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

Juventus 3rd shirt is an absolute touch of class.

Screenshot_20240513_205608_Samsung Internet.jpg

That forearm tattoo is almost as bad as Lewis Miley's 

6 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

My two rules;

1. Never judge a strip until I've seen it "on"

2. A kit always gets viewed better or worse depending on how we play in it

01/02 - 02/03 kit was utter shite

6 hours ago, Jonas said:

It looks like the 01-03 home shirt. Seemed to be reasonably accepted to liked at the time and in retrospect. Being shit hot (to Keegans Export 2nd point) while we had it seemed to cover for me that to me it was a distinct step down from the shirt before and after.

The 95/96 shirts were released to reactions of controversial to not impressed and they were pretty much perfection before long.

Expected a lot better than this at this point though.

Not my recollection tbh

Not sure why anyone is shocked (if the kit is real).  adidas's designs were almost all either mediocre or utter shite previously.  I suppose how much they're paying is the important bit - but I wouldn't expect real quality or effort from them

6 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Arsenal were Nike by the time we were Adidas too

Yeah but we’re long associated with them, same for man united. Was generally top clubs. I know Burnley and Stockport ended up with them not long after us.