NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

image.thumb.png.269227796eacdfc8496b02ed47b7fbe2.png
from a random Twitter account 

Hope it’s not it, but chances are it seems legit….after all the hype from the fella who participated in the design doesn’t look like anything special.

i don’t know if the curves are just meant to be in reference to how it looks on a magpies wing….but just prefer black and white stripes and nothing else - plain black shorts and either plain black socks with or without white cuff. 

IMG_5087.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

i don’t know if the curves are just meant to be in reference to how it looks on a magpies wing….but just prefer black and white stripes and nothing else - plain black shorts and either plain black socks with or without white cuff. 

I think you're giving them too much credit [emoji38]

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I think you're giving them too much credit [emoji38]

Aye absolutely no chance they’ve sat there with a picture of a magpie and tried to make it like a magpie’s wing :lol:

its just a lazy & boring new version of an old shirt with the added new template ‘fangs’ or whatever 

Edited by gdm

9 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

My two rules;

1. Never judge a strip until I've seen it "on"

2. A kit always gets viewed better or worse depending on how we play in it

This basically.

Posted (edited)

It looks like the 01-03 home shirt. Seemed to be reasonably accepted to liked at the time and in retrospect. Being shit hot (to Keegans Export 2nd point) while we had it seemed to cover for me that to me it was a distinct step down from the shirt before and after.

The 95/96 shirts were released to reactions of controversial to not impressed and they were pretty much perfection before long.

Expected a lot better than this at this point though.

Edited by Jonas

5 minutes ago, Jonas said:

It looks like the 01-03 home shirt. Seemed to be reasonably accepted to liked at the time and in retrospect. Being shit hot (to Keegans Export 2nd point) while we had it seemed to cover for me that to me it was a distinct step down from the shirt before and after.

The 95/96 shirts were released to reactions of controversial to not impressed and they were pretty much perfection before long.

That’s not my recollection of the 95 96 shirts they were loved from start. Helped that Ginola was modelling them mind 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

They're not as good as they were about 10 or so years ago, but I think I've decided the best hands we could be in design wise would be Umbro. 

As of next season Umbro will be sub-licensed by Castore

1 minute ago, gdm said:

That’s not my recollection of the 95 96 shirts they were loved from start. Helped that Ginola was modelling them mind 

Yeah but Ginola wasn't modelling them when they were released. It was a team-photo call of the 94/95 team on a grey afternoon early May.

Nobody liked the collar in my small circle at the time and the upon closer inspection beige one on the away shirt took some getting used to.

It was fairly prestigious to have adidas then only Liverpool, arsenal and rangers seemed to have them in uk so quite exotic too. 

1 minute ago, ramirez said:

It was fairly prestigious to have adidas then only Liverpool, arsenal and rangers seemed to have them in uk so quite exotic too. 

And Crystal Palace 

I do remember a lot not liking it at first but everyone loved it when it came out. Conversely I remember everyone loving the blue 96/97 kit when it was previewed in The Chronicle, then not liking it as much when it was released and the colour was different. 

Just now, Harry 209 said:

And Crystal Palace 

Think that was maybe season after. Certainly rarer before the teamware template’s were rolled out.