NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Elma said:

This has always been my favourite style for numbers.

blogger-image-193950632.jpg

That was a classic and stands the test of time in my opinion. Ideally the shirt would have a striped back and they would find some way to provide the numbers already made up onto the patch, although that might be tricky for personalised kits where the name/number combo isn't one of the named squad. When that shirt came out I cut a black square of cloth, added the iron-on numbers that you could buy online, and then stuck the patch onto the shirt (with wundaweb I think). It was all do-it-yourself in those days.

Did you put Papavasilou on the back yourself as well?

Just now, jack j said:

Did you put Papavasilou on the back yourself as well?

Ha ha - I cheated and went for LEE - 7, as per the image. Had VENISON - 2 on the blue away, although that one was much easier without the patch.

I don't think the Premier League numbers were available back then, but you could buy close equivalents online and iron them on yourself.

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Looks tip top that buddy. 

I get the t shirt printing shop on Clayton Street to apply them with a heat press for me. Dont do it with an iron at home, it 100% will fall off if you wash it.

4 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

I get the t shirt printing shop on Clayton Street to apply them with a heat press for me. Dont do it with an iron at home, it 100% will fall off if you wash it.

I’ve ironed the PL badges onto other tops but wouldn’t be able to do the numbers and lettering.

looks in impeccable nick anyway that shirt if the back of that photo is anything to go by. :thup:

2 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

Screenshot_20240202_154648_Photos.thumb.jpg.e3e5e6d849b595de421bccc520465681.jpgthats what I did with my 94 shirt

Now that is a thing of beauty! I don't have my LEE-7 shirt any longer but when I got the numbers online they didn't have the Asics logo on them, back in the day. Similar font though. I did iron them on myself and surprisingly they stayed on for the life of the shirt, as far as I recall.

image.thumb.png.709d985e4f68dfd89e418af1a22555e4.png

both medium from Derek Hall Gate

blue just fits, but maybe get Large if you have abit of a tum.

striped a little larger and roomier..

both lush

Edited by huss9

End clothing have the Spain 1996 euro Champs Adidas shirt in and they have what looks like West Germany 1990s WC shirt. 

They've also got a Mexcio WC tshirt. 

An original 95/96 away kit in Back Page's window keeps catching my eye when I walk by.

Not sure I can part with the £200 for it though. 

Edited by TBG

Buying some kids and adults kits from the club shop as gifts, and a bit out of the loop with sizes having only bought myself dodgy ones for ages. 

For adults, no need to buy a size up? If he's a large, a large should be alright? 

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Interpolic

2 hours ago, TBG said:

An original 95/96 away kit in Back Page's window keeps catching my eye when I walk by.

If it's a M, L or XL and in decent nick then it's a decent price tbh. If it's long sleeve too then it's a bargain :thup:

8 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Buying some kids and adults kits from the club shop as gifts, and a bit out of the loop with sizes having only bought myself dodgy ones for ages. 

For adults, no need to buy a size up? If he's a large, a large should be alright? 

Thank you in advance. 

Ignore this, reddit reckons size up so I'll get him an XL. 

16 minutes ago, midds said:

If it's a M, L or XL and in decent nick then it's a decent price tbh. If it's long sleeve too then it's a bargain :thup:

Short sleeved unfortunately, and looks to be a small or medium from walking by. 

I've got the snide version but it not being made of the same material ruins it for me.

Edited by TBG

2 hours ago, TBG said:

12 minutes ago, midds said:

Long sleeve maybe, but £200 for short sleeves it's a bit steep imo; it's not that rare. I know wor @TaylorJ_01 was trying to peddle his on eBay for a lot less and got no takers. I think it's a pisstake what some folks try to get for these shirts, tbh. Just pocket a bit of cash and let someone else love it, you greedy sods.

Couple knocking about on Vinted:

https://www.vinted.co.uk/items/3840571974-newcastle-united-1995-1996-away-football-shirt-vintage-adidas-jersey-size-large

https://www.vinted.co.uk/items/3428240518-newcastle-united-genuine-original-away-shirt-199596

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Long sleeve maybe, but £200 for short sleeves it's a bit steep imo; it's not that rare. I know wor @TaylorJ_01 was trying to peddle his on eBay for a lot less and got no takers. I think it's a pisstake what some folks try to get for these shirts, tbh. Just pocket a bit of cash and let someone else love it, you greedy sods.

https://www.vinted.co.uk/items/3840571974-newcastle-united-1995-1996-away-football-shirt-vintage-adidas-jersey-size-large

https://www.vinted.co.uk/items/3428240518-newcastle-united-genuine-original-away-shirt-199596

It might say a lot about the snides, but do they not look a bit suss :lol:

They look far too good quality given their age.

7 minutes ago, TBG said:

It might say a lot about the snides, but do they not look a bit suss :lol:

They look far too good quality given their age.

The cream on the snides is always at least 3 or 4 shades too light compared to the originals. The official colour on the originals was ecru and the snides stand out a mile as they're bright as fuck. I'm lucky I've still got the home and away, both XL, Ferdinand 9 on the home and Beardsley 8 on the away

Wey you're absolutely right; you can't be certain with the likes of Vinted. I thought those looked pretty genuine; yellowing on the collar/bobbling, but you never know. I'm happily bankrupting myself with the odd £15er from there; picked up Austria's home and away from Euro 2020 just recently; lovely shirts. 

Snides are generally exceptional these days. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Mine was near mint condition, M 95/96 away kit. Got £99.99 + £5.99 postage for it in the end which seemed OK. I had it listed for higher and got some interest but no bids. This is the listing if you can see it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204439144686?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=r8j4jxrgrpi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=r8j4jxrgrpi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY