NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

11 minutes ago, brummie said:

As an outsider, I love that old badge on the white shirt.

In my mind, I associate it with other cool badges of the time, inc the Leeds one and the Forest one, only I've just googled it and was surprised that one is from the mid 80s, i was positive it was a 70s thing.

Anyway, bring that one back. 

I agree I love the NUFC badge - think it would look great on streetwear as well. Our current badge, which I also like, is a bit more boulevard than street.

If I was in the commercial department I'd be trying to flog the NUFC logo on every clothing item available.

Edited by Checko

5 hours ago, gdm said:

I’d say it’s most similar to the adidas 2001-2003 shirt 

IMG_9736.jpeg

I agree - I had a picture in my mind, but couldn’t be arsed to check if it was that one I was talking about or not, but you’re right. That’s the one. When you had the likes of Robert, shearer, dyer and Bellamy under wor Bobby in the champions league, so I can see why they would go for that design. 

36 minutes ago, 54 said:

Wonder if the third kit would be the first move to simplifying the club crest? All for that one if it's something they intending on doing rather than a new bland one like Juve.

38 minutes ago, 54 said:

Couple of things - they aren't really revealing anything concrete are they? As in they're just mock-ups based on stuff that has been reported?

Also, they have the hooped shirt with blue shorts, surely they'd go with the off-white from the original?

58 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

God forbid we'd try something different.

Right? So fucking unimaginative to just retread the maroon and blue again. At least do it in stripes or something.

A white kit with green as the main alternate colour on it seems weird given that almost the same thing happened last season. 

I'd be up for us adopting an 'official' away kit which is dark red and blue hoops (in the way that we have an official home kit which is black and white stripes). But that's not how it works, so it's relegated to simply being nostalgia bait. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

God forbid we'd try something different.

Was just gonna say can we stop trying to recreate the 95 away shirt. It was class then we don’t need it 3 times 

The home is a recreation of 2001 

the 3rd is just a recreation of the 1999 away shirt 

Adidas have phoned it in 

Edited by gdm

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

Was just gonna say can we stop trying to recreate the 95 away shirt. It was class then we don’t need it 3 times 

The home is a recreation of 2001 

the 3rd is just a recreation of the 1999 away shirt 

Adidas have phoned it in 

Agree with this.

On the other hand, the folks down the road are also 'recreating' from the past too.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2024/04/no-more-nike-hummel-sunderland-2024.html

Adidas could have designed something new while re-releasing retro shirts. Just seems they’ve gone for an easy ‘the fans will lap this up’ throw back stuff  

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

Adidas could have designed something new while re-releasing retro shirts. Just seems they’ve gone for an easy ‘the fans will lap this up’ throw back stuff  

Why wouldn't they, I guess. 

Remember that iconic kit? Here's a worse version of it! Ten million pounds, please. 

18 minutes ago, gdm said:

With the most low effort execution if those mock ups are right. 

The reaction to them doesn't seem positive from what I've seen. 

6 minutes ago, Big River said:

gdm criticising Adidas after seeing absolutely nothing official, whilst being one of Castore's biggest defenders is canny funny mind.

Castore is shite as a company but design wise their stuff has been decent. 

I don’t think it’s unfair saying  other than a few shirts adidas have been pretty bland for Newcastle and as far as the ‘nothing official’ I can only comment on what I’ve seen like everyone else over the last 3 pages. In other words kindly piss aff you are boring 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Castore is shite as a company but design wise their stuff has been decent. 

I don’t think it’s unfair saying  other than a few shirts adidas have been pretty bland for Newcastle and as far as the ‘nothing official’ I can only comment on what I’ve seen like everyone else over the last 3 pages. In other words kindly piss aff you are boring 

:trippier:

Castore linking up with Umbro might solve a lot of the issues they've had with time scales, quality, etc. in terms of design I think they've brought out some quality strips, walkout anthems, training gear, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

:trippier:

Great patter. 

Anyway the shirts will obviously look better than pictures of mock ups so there is that to consider but not sure i’ve seen more than 3 comments saying they like the mock ups so far 

Edited by gdm

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nah, the error to release a design clearly showing a number 4 on every shirt was horrendous.

There is that 

All three of those are a crushing disappointment. A zero effort 100% template home shirt, away shirt a pale imitation of the 95 original thats worse in every single aspect, and a third shirt that mixes new and old in a way that has zero relevance to our history, that badge should be on a silver shirt not white and green.

Edited by Harry 209

14 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Some people are never happy! 😆 

I think they all look pretty good but it’s impossible to tell until you see the real thing. 

Football shirt disgust is an age old tradition, then they're released and they look better than you thought.

Nothing wrong with these supposed shirts, they're all just very meh if true. 

Don't mind that kit tbh. Similar to the 2001-03 home kit. Would prefer stripes on the back but wouldn't mind a plain back as long as 1) it's black with white numbers a la Juve's 2017-18 kit and 2) we see the end of red names and numbers. Never been a fan of them. White, black or blue numbers for me, leyk.

Edited by HaydnNUFC