AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Regarding the nuclear option - it's a minor point, but if we do go bankrupt and form a newco, the mackems will never ever let us forget it. I see Celtic fans doing it to Rangers every day, it's just another thing opposing fans can use against you. Pretty annoying when you also know it might take 10 years for any such newco to even get back to the PL, depending on where they choose to let us re-enter the pyramid.

:lol: Get fucked with this shit man, couldn't give a fuck what anyone else thinks never mind the mackems.

They're seeking to galvanise fans out of apathy by educating on Ashley's foibles. What is there to take issue with, really?

Assumed this is the point of this campaign? I doubt those behind it think it'll suddenly cause Ashley to swiftly depart on a whim, but what's wrong with at least trying to change things, or at least bring further attention to the cause? At worst, it will likely provide more public debate about it and help to highlight Ashley's total unwillingness to support any kind of on-pitch ambition.

"It's unlikely to change things therefore accept the status quo" seems a pretty terrible mentality to me. Criticse the campaign if you like, but it's a form of activism in a club drowning in apathy.

They're seeking to galvanise fans out of apathy by educating on Ashley's foibles. What is there to take issue with, really?

Assumed this is the point of this campaign? I doubt those behind it think it'll suddenly cause Ashley to swiftly depart on a whim, but what's wrong with at least trying to change things, or at least bring further attention to the cause? At worst, it will likely provide more public debate about it and help to highlight Ashley's total unwillingness to support any kind of on-pitch ambition.

"It's unlikely to change things therefore accept the status quo" seems a pretty terrible mentality to me. Criticse the campaign if you like, but it's a form of activism in a club drowning in apathy.

Yeah I don't get the issue really. Unwillingness for themselves or others to be shaken from apathy for fear of being labelled a deluded Geordie by the southern press for wanting more? Fuck knows.

basically it seems 'ashley is awful we should support him to the hilt' seems to be your point

Other than point out some pretty obvious facts on here to counter the bizarro logic that destroying the club to the point of it ceasing to exist is somehow an option, I'm not aware of a single thing I've done to support Ashley.

wait not attending games and trying to get media attention on our plight is both pointless and ineffectual and destroying the club to the point of ceasing to exist at the same time? All this fear that something worse could come along, look around you, the club has ceased to exist, it's soul has been ripped apart, the worst thing has happened. Worst case scenario we have to start again from scratch if the club went totally under, but at least we may be able to rebuild it with some level of fan ownership and input. You're like someone trapped on a sinking ship refusing to get on a lifeboat in case that sinks  :lol:

Maybe you would feel better if you started to focus on what the best case scenario might be. The only people who look like they're on a sinking ship are those screaming at the top of their heads, abandon ship! abandon ship! All hope is lost! Maybe if you stopped screaming and took a deep breath, you might have noticed that I, like a lot of other fans who hate Ashley, have already abandoned ship, and are now floating calmly on the waters in our lifeboats, unpeturbed by each new iceberg strike, while we patiently wait for the ship to reach the dry dock, get repaired, and re-emerge in all her original glory. Now, do you still want to carry on figuring out how to sink the fucker with nuclear tipped torpedos so she sinks as fast as humanly possible and the insurance company can build you a tiny little fishing boat to replace our ocean liner. Or do you want to calm the fuck down and join us in the happy boat?

Yeah I don't get the issue really. Unwillingness for themselves or others to be shaken from apathy for fear of being labelled a deluded Geordie by the southern press for wanting more? Fuck knows.

I actively enjoy taking people to task on the 'deluded Geordie' bollocks, not that yous need defending as such but just the quantity of media rhetoric bollocks that people actually believe about your club is pretty remarkable. Probably because they want to believe it as it fits their lazy, pre-set perception of Newcastle fans. Because level-headed fans who simply want their side to compete and show some ambition isn't a particularly amusing stereotype therefore it just isn't true.

basically it seems 'ashley is awful we should support him to the hilt' seems to be your point

Other than point out some pretty obvious facts on here to counter the bizarro logic that destroying the club to the point of it ceasing to exist is somehow an option, I'm not aware of a single thing I've done to support Ashley.

wait not attending games and trying to get media attention on our plight is both pointless and ineffectual and destroying the club to the point of ceasing to exist at the same time? All this fear that something worse could come along, look around you, the club has ceased to exist, it's soul has been ripped apart, the worst thing has happened. Worst case scenario we have to start again from scratch if the club went totally under, but at least we may be able to rebuild it with some level of fan ownership and input. You're like someone trapped on a sinking ship refusing to get on a lifeboat in case that sinks  :lol:

Maybe you would feel better if you started to focus on what the best case scenario might be. The only people who look like they're on a sinking ship are those screaming at the top of their heads, abandon ship! abandon ship! All hope is lost! Maybe if you stopped screaming and took a deep breath, you might have noticed that I, like a lot of other fans who hate Ashley, have already abandoned ship, and are now floating calmly on the waters in our lifeboats, unpeturbed by each new iceberg strike, while we patiently wait for the ship to reach the dry dock, get repaired, and re-emerge in all her original glory. Now, do you still want to carry on figuring out how to sink the fucker with nuclear tipped torpedos so she sinks as fast as humanly possible and the insurance company can build you a tiny little fishing boat to replace our ocean liner. Or do you want to calm the fuck down and join us in the happy boat?

Summed it up in your last sentence happy with this shit in the happy boat.

Guest firetotheworks

I can tell that Mako and I are going to get on for the two weeks before one of us is banned. :lol:

I actively enjoy taking people to task on the 'deluded Geordie' bollocks, not that yous need defending as such but just the quantity of media rhetoric bollocks that people actually believe about your club is pretty remarkable. Probably because they want to believe it as it fits their lazy, pre-set perception of Newcastle fans. Because level-headed fans who simply want their side to compete and show some ambition isn't a particularly amusing stereotype therefore it just isn't true.

You have more patience than me :lol: I'll talk about any other club other than Newcastle these days. It's impossible :laugh:

Maybe you would feel better if you started to focus on what the best case scenario might be. The only people who look like they're on a sinking ship are those screaming at the top of their heads, abandon ship! abandon ship! All hope is lost! Maybe if you stopped screaming and took a deep breath, you might have noticed that I, like a lot of other fans who hate Ashley, have already abandoned ship, and are now floating calmly on the waters in our lifeboats, unpeturbed by each new iceberg strike, while we patiently wait for the ship to reach the dry dock, get repaired, and re-emerge in all her original glory. Now, do you still want to carry on figuring out how to sink the f***er with nuclear tipped torpedos so she sinks as fast as humanly possible and the insurance company can build you a tiny little fishing boat to replace our ocean liner. Or do you want to calm the f*** down and join us in the happy boat?

Fine be happy with your fucking lot watching awful football week in week out with no passion, while sneering at those who want to do something, which is ONLY refusing to give money to fucking bastard and maybe get some bad publicity for him, just because they want to try and improve things for every body else.

You have more patience than me :lol: I'll talk about any other club other than Newcastle these days. It's impossible :laugh:

Tbf, it also provides a distraction from discussing our own season, but I digress.

I think it's down to a number of things, but mainly people from the North East being an easy target for mockery and us daring to challenge the status quo in the 90s.

Guest firetotheworks

Waiting is the best option tbf. I'm sure Ashley will get bored of making money eventually so long as we don't kick up any fuss and don't even let him know that we want him gone. :lol:

If we could come up with some way of protecting people's seats and loyalty points I'm sure it would be possible to get everyone to boycott season ticket renewals. Otherwise I just can't see people who've been there for decades being willing to let go. The risk has to be eliminated to make the herd follow.

Why are we suddenly going bust? No English league football club has gone bust for 30 odd year - why would it suddenly happen to a very profitable club?

Was just about to ask this. Apparently at risk of "doing a Leeds/Portsmouth" if we get relegated, despite three teams being relegated from the PL every season and none of them succumbing to financial collapse. As if we weren't ourselves relegated a few years ago and didn't go bankrupt.