AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Guest antz1uk

Can we get a poll about people's current intentions for this game if they have a ticket?

Seconded, straw poll required

Anyone wants Ashley out and who goes to the game knowing there's a boycott planned is an idiot.

You're actively damaging a protest whose aims you agree with. Just don't go. For one game, don't go. Do something else with your day, try to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

:clap:

again, the idea that someone just can't bear to miss us getting humped by spurs after the club have literally took the piss out of the fans all season is almost too much for me :lol:

one issue is the official attendance will just be tickets sold (so all season tickets holders), so you can already guarantee the club will try and picture this as 'failed'.

Surely the scanners in the turnstiles are what determine total amount? If the stadium is half-empty (doubtful, but I think, tactically, it's still the correct method of protest) - but the club try and claim it as 49k, it will make them look an even bigger joke. AO.com are going for the visual and I pray to God they successfully shepherd the sheep into making a significant statement.

one issue is the official attendance will just be tickets sold (so all season tickets holders), so you can already guarantee the club will try and picture this as 'failed'.

Surely the scanners in the turnstiles are what determine total amount? If the stadium is half-empty (doubtful, but I think, tactically, it's still the correct method of protest) - but the club try and claim it as 49k, it will make them look an even bigger joke. AO.com are going for the visual and I pray to God they successfully shepherd the sheep into making a significant statement.

:thup: If remotely successful the boycott vs spurs will be a real visual message mind

:thup: If remotely successful the boycott vs spurs will be a real visual message mind

If its Visually successful it'll have an impact, but the club will always try and play that down. really hope this has some affect. probably going to be the first step on a long road, but nice to see a group willing to do something about it.

If its Visually successful it'll have an impact, but the club will always try and play that down. really hope this has some affect. probably going to be the first step on a long road, but nice to see a group willing to do something about it.

They're fucked with it being on Sky like, they can bullshit all they want but sky will be talking about it before kick off in build up and if there are swathes of empty seats lies just won't cut it. Imperative that it works tbh.

Guest reefatoon

I wonder what our lowest attendance has been in the premiership? We need to make sure the Spurs game beats that and significantly too. It needs to go on record as the lowest crowd we have ever had.

Fully supportive of the boycott but I would advise the group to show caution in expecting success from positive responses on forums and social media as this hasn't in the past translated well to the match day crowd.

I'm not sure all the demands about Ashley have been fully thought through, for example I'm not sure how Ashley can realistically expect to sell the club in a transparent way due to many commercial and confidentiality sensitivities.

Also I don't think Ashley has so little power that he can't get to brush aside fan power.

The key I think is to make the club too much time and energy for him and what is required is to completely disrupt the operations of his business so his minions keep coming to him begging for help, or he keeps needing to recruit new minions.

So to break Ashley you first need to break Carver and Charnley, and then the snakes he replaces them with. Book out the Sports Direct AGM with Newcastle fans. Eventually the hassle won't be worth the money to him and he will sell.

They're f***ed with it being on Sky like, they can bullshit all they want but sky will be talking about it before kick off in build up and if there are swathes of empty seats lies just won't cut it. Imperative that it works tbh.

If the apathetic majority turn out (as per fucking usual) we've not a chance of forcing Ashley's hand. It'll be really interesting just to see what we are made of. In my heart of hearts I hope that the Derby has kick started the idea that something has to be done, on the other the predictability of our fans is there for all to see. Ashley could piss on our mothers Sunday dinner and we'd still attend games and thank him for the opportunity to do so.

I wonder what our lowest attendance has been in the premiership? We need to make sure the Spurs game beats that and significantly too. It needs to go on record as the lowest crowd we have ever had.

We played quite a few seasons with 36k capacity. No way it will be lower than that.

I'm sure we are the only club to never have a lower crowd than 30K in the Premier League!

Guest Roger Kint

These idiots that think the team need support or that empty seat will harm the team must be taking the piss. How does 50k sitting in silence and occasionally booing work better than 30k doing the same. Arguably you are damaging these pathetic clowns by going :lol:

Guest ElCid

I'm sure we are the only club to never have a lower crowd than 30K in the Premier League!

I'd be very surprised if Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal have mind

Guest Roger Kint

Maybe Liverpool had a few when the Kop was redeveloped? Early PL days Highbury would have some under 30k as they had the muriel behind the goal.

Guest ElCid

Maybe Liverpool had a few when the Kop was redeveloped? Early PL days Highbury would have some under 30k as they had the muriel behind the goal.

Possibly not sure to be honest.

Guest Roger Kint

Arsenal had under 25k in the Micky Quinn game in 93.

Guest ElCid

Arsenal had under 25k in the Micky Quinn game in 93.

His hat-trick game? - Ta for confirming.