AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Indeed, the form of protest being advocated takes no time or effort. In fact, it gives you more spare time at the weekend.

I don't mean that I don't have time to protest. It's just that I'd prefer to spend that time set aside in my week to go and watch the game and support the team. What's so difficult to understand?

You do yourself no favours using that tone, like. You're being questioned because you're finding different ways to say 'I don't care about anything other than watching the match'. The result is posts of a contradictory nature. That's why I quoted that specific part of your post, it's what your argument boils down to.

For me non-attendance is doing nothing. Not going to watch the football on a Saturday isn't a protest, it's not going to the football on a Saturday. Fully understand those who don't want to put money into Ashley's pockets, but it's not a protest.

The Ashley Out lot have got the right idea in trying to take proactive action.

So you have too many other priorities in life to either shout abuse at Ashley at the match or alternately boycott games altogether? Sorry like but that makes no sense at all.

What doesn't make sense?

I have, and will going forward when necessary, hurle abuse at Ashley as and when I see fit. Never shirked away from that before.

What I will not do is stay away from the games for a prolonged period just to "feel like I've done my bit". People have a lot of things going on in their lives, and to some, football on a weekend is a great escape or a nice distraction or just a bit of fun. A lot of people in that stadium won't think about it 24/7, post on message boards / Twitter all day every day, and it's unreasonable to ever expect everyone to share your desire for change / protest. It just won't happen. Pointless getting angry about it.

Fair play if regularly getting thumped off the likes of Bournemouth and Palace is a nice distraction for you.

For me non-attendance is doing nothing. Not going to watch the football on a Saturday isn't a protest, it's not going to the football on a Saturday. Fully understand those who don't want to put money into Ashley's pockets, but it's not a protest.

The Ashley Out lot have got the right idea in trying to take proactive action.

Ashley Out promote not going to the match.

You don't get to define what protest is, by its nature it's personal. In the same way, I don't get to define what supporting a football club is, that's personal too.

Of course everyone has their own perogative. I find it strange when people moan so vociferously about the state of things on one hand but then will shout down any form of protest. seems all very short sighted - we all want to enjoy the experience.

Of course everyone has their own perogative. I find it strange when people moan so vociferously about the state of things on one hand but then will shout down any form of protest. seems all very short sighted - we all want to enjoy the experience.

I'm not shouting down any form of protest. I'm just doubting what not showing up is going to achieve.

That's exactly what you're doing.

"It won't work so don't bother"

Being in the Championship massively increases the chances of a sustained boycott having an effect with the Premier League money taken out of the equation, because the matchday revenue again becomes the main source of income, especially if you don't get promoted first time back and the parachute payments decrease.

I got a text from an Everton mate of mine last night: "Just read (Ashley's statement). Ashley would have been long hounded out at Liverpool or Man Utd, or Arsenal. An entirely empty stadium just once would do it."

The perception within football is that we are so desperate to show our "loyalty" that we'll keep going come hell or high water, even when they're actively taking the piss. Nobody knows that better than Mike Ashley and that's why he sticks around. He's like Donald Trump where Newcastle are concerned: “I could stand in the middle of Northumberland St and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any supporters.”

Cardiff boycotted one single game and within a week, they had their blue shirts back. Liverpool organised one walkout and within a week, the club had changed their pricing policy.

At Newcastle though? Nah, definitely won't work, don't even try. I can't leave him, he loves me and he promises he'll change. Shut up and take my money Mike.

I'm not shouting down any form of protest. I'm just doubting what not showing up is going to achieve.

Being in the Championship massively increases the chances of a sustained boycott having an effect with the Premier League money taken out of the equation, because the matchday revenue again becomes the main source of income, especially if you don't get promoted first time back and the parachute payments decrease.

I got a text from an Everton mate of mine last night: "Just read (Ashley's statement). Ashley would have been long hounded out at Liverpool or Man Utd, or Arsenal. An entirely empty stadium just once would do it."

The perception within football is that we are so desperate to show our "loyalty" that we'll keep going come hell or high water, even when they're actively taking the p*ss. Nobody knows that better than Mike Ashley and that's why he sticks around. He's like Donald Trump where Newcastle are concerned: “I could stand in the middle of Northumberland St and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any supporters.”

Cardiff boycotted one single game and within a week, they had their blue shirts back. Liverpool organised one walkout and within a week, the club had changed their pricing policy.

At Newcastle though? Nah, definitely won't work, don't even try. I can't leave him, he loves me and he promises he'll change. Shut up and take my money Mike.

Wullie, if you read my posts you see I have repeatedly said that I am all for more realistic protests... Getting rid of the Wonga sponsorship, change in transfer policy etc?

However I just don't think any of the protests that people are putting forward to actually get rid of him completely are ever going to work.

I think you have to go for the low hanging fruit first, personally.

What it all boils down to is fans like you, and there are 1000s more just like you filling SJP every other week are happy just to sit there and take whatever sh*t is thrown your way. You're out the house, away from the missus, only chance to get to see your mates etc and are grateful for it. The football is almost a secondary event in the day. The ground is filled with people that that nowadays. They don't really care if Ashley stays or goes, they just like getting out the house and watching a game of football amongst other things. The demographic of our fanbase has changed beyond recognition in the past decade. What would once have been a bear pit in light of what has happened the club is now sterile as f*ck because the majority of people who attend now don't really care enough or have it in them to do anything. One of the reasons I jacked my ticket in was due to the apathy of my fellow supporters and God bless the Ashley Out campaigners because their efforts and intentions are admirable but the modern day NUFC fan base isn't one I'd like to be stood side by side in the trenches with.

The perception within football is that we are so desperate to show our "loyalty" that we'll keep going come hell or high water, even when they're actively taking the p*ss. Nobody knows that better than Mike Ashley and that's why he sticks around. He's like Donald Trump where Newcastle are concerned: “I could stand in the middle of Northumberland St and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any supporters.”

Wullie, if you read my posts you see I have repeatedly said that I am all for more realistic protests... Getting rid of the Wonga sponsorship, change in transfer policy etc?

However I just don't think any of the protests that people are putting forward to actually get rid of him completely are ever going to work.

What it all boils down to is fans like you, and there are 1000s more just like you filling SJP every other week are happy just to sit there and take whatever sh*t is thrown your way. You're out the house, away from the missus, only chance to get to see your mates etc and are grateful for it. The football is almost a secondary event in the day. The ground is filled with people that that nowadays. They don't really care if Ashley stays or goes, they just like getting out the house and watching a game of football amongst other things. The demographic of our fanbase has changed beyond recognition in the past decade. What would once have been a bear pit in light of what has happened the club is now sterile as f*ck because the majority of people who attend now don't really care enough or have it in them to do anything. One of the reasons I jacked my ticket in was due to the apathy of my fellow supporters and God bless the Ashley Out campaigners because their efforts and intentions are admirable but the modern day NUFC fan base isn't one I'd like to be stood side by side in the trenches with.

:thup:

I hate to say this as it feels almost intuitively wrong to do so, and it should never have to be this way under most normal circumstances, but the people who continue to put money into this club are allowing this c*** of an owner to perpetually take the p*ss out of both themselves and the collective supporter base in its entirety. As others have articulated well enough themselves over the last few pages, does the reality of this situation really still need to be elicited? How is it possible that people either seem to ignore or fail to arrive at this logical conclusion based on the actions and events of the last 8 or 9 years under the stewardship of Mike Ashley?

Hindu Times, you come across as a decent enough poster and I'm sure you're probably a decent enough guy too, but I'm struggling to understand how you can try to justify some of the things you've put forward or mentioned over the last few pages like. I cannot for one second take somebody seriously who will willingly pay money to sit in St James' Park, knowing fine well who that money ultimately goes and being fully aware of what you're being given in return, but to then somehow feel justified in having a few boo's directed Ashley's way when it suits you because, what, you don't like something that's happened or are displeased with an action he's taken? Your right to complain is null and void by proxy when you're willingly financing something you're not happy with, especially when you know this and can be completely avoided by your own free choice; you might not predict exactly what a handful of men will do over 90 minutes on a football, no, but you must surely be fully aware that what you bear witness to has been designed and built with the sole intention of doing enough to finish 17th. 'f*** the cups and don't you dare have any unworldly expectations, because this is the best you're going to get' is the encapsulated message of intent that has been permeating from this club for long enough now to know better. If you disagree, go and refresh yourself by reading their own words form the fans forums minutes and tell me you've arrived at a different conclusion. People know fine well that their money, no matter what the sum, will not be used in their best interests if they have any desire to see their football club succeed by its own nature of competitive sporting success. Any modicum of success will always be an exception to the rule of Ashley, never as a result of his intentions or design.

Tell me, did you not feel even the slightest bit duped this season at the final whistle when you've been watching players who have no interest in the success of the team, managed by a bloke who rejected the club twice and came smiling through the doors when he got desperate, managed himself by a guy with absolutely no redeeming qualities, experience or qualifications in being a director of a football club, orchestrated by a guy who only has the intention of shoving his sports chain down your throat and cashing in on this whole venture? And you're paying how much a pop for this experience? And you keep going hoping for what exactly? :lol:

If it wasn't already clear enough by now (And don't just take my word for it mind, even John Hall said as much when he sold the club in the first place) Ashley wants the club to be a vehicle for Sports Direct and he wants to make money from it. He's never gave a s*** about anybody or anything else - it's his way and only his way. When that club is taking money out of his pockets and having an adverse effect on his main interests, he simply won't have a reason to hold onto it. Of all the money generated through toxic association with the likes of Wonga and scrimping through many a season spending f*** all when the team was desperately short, he's panicked and ultimately squandered whatever money the club generated on absolute s**** in the hope that it goes as far as to stay in the Premier League and thus keep the money coming on. Suggesting that the low hanging fruit here - sponsorship and the like - and by protesting about the adverts or who's providing the money via shirt sponsorship is likely to have a greater chance of success is simply poor logic. He's a malevolent stubborn leech and will only go when the money and customers dry up.

No wonder he has no plans to f*** off when people are paying full whack for kits and tickets if all he has to put up with are a couple of chants during a match  and people grumbling at full time (that he won't usually be be party to) before seeing them doing it again a week later :lol:

People like Ashleyout.com and other groups who decide to galvonise support and educate people have absolutely no right to be in the crosshairs of other supporters who apportion them blame for disruption. Not a chance. I hope they go as far as they can and ultimately succeed in getting this fucker out - nobody else has done enough so far.. it simply must be a unified and collective effort.

What it all boils down to is fans like you, and there are 1000s more just like you filling SJP every other week are happy just to sit there and take whatever sh*t is thrown your way. <b>You're out the house, away from the missus, only chance to get to see your mates etc and are grateful for it. The football is almost a secondary event in the day.</b>The ground is filled with people that that nowadays. They don't really care if Ashley stays or goes, they just like getting out the house and watching a game of football amongst other things. The demographic of our fanbase has changed beyond recognition in the past decade. What would once have been a bear pit in light of what has happened the club is now sterile as f*ck because the majority of people who attend now don't really care enough or have it in them to do anything. One of the reasons I jacked my ticket in was due to the apathy of my fellow supporters and God bless the Ashley Out campaigners because their efforts and intentions are admirable but the modern day NUFC fan base isn't one I'd like to be stood side by side in the trenches with.

Firstly, don't tell me what kind of fan I am. I have been going to games since I was 12 years old, originally with my Dad, now with my wife, and one day soon hopefully with my son. The game of football is most definitely the focal point of the day.

I pay my money, as I said earlier, not just because I want to watch football, but because it's a big hobby of mine, following Newcastle, and I'm fully aware what I am paying for (or at least what I'm potentially paying for).

I believe I have as good a right as anyone to moan when things aren't going well because, unlike you, I DO NOT BELIEVE staying away and not giving him my money will make him sell.

That is where our opinions differ.

I 100% recognise that he has dragged our club through the mud, but I completely disagree that simply not showing up is doing anything to actually improve the situation. I'm sorry if you disagree. That's just the way I feel.

I feel perfectly happy in my decisions to go to the games when I can, support the team, and mosn as and when I want to / feel it necessary to.

I think the guys behind AshleyOut are doing an admirable thing, I just don't agree with the nature of extended boycotts. As previously said, if they were aiming for lower hanging fruit that is most realistic to achieve, I would be right on board.

But, above all else, whether Ashley is at the club or not, I do not want to see is fall further than we have already. Regardless of whether you think it might be for the greater good, I'd prefer to see us competing and being well supported and getting back to where we belong, than seeing us do anything that could be detrimental to our chances of returning quickly.

You are wrong. You have no right to moan when things aren't going well. You and your family line his pockets and give him an easy ride. You are a big part of the problem.

:clap:

f*** off, man. The match going fans aren't a "big part of the problem" whatsoever. The fans are the reason the clubs exists enough for you to support. Dragged through many many generations.

People who blame the fans are as thick as those who think Ashley's doing a good job. There's no difference. Both completely missing the true issue.

Yes, the few fans who boo down those who aren't happy/protesting are aresholes. But so are those who boo down all of the matchday goers. It's ridiculous and so gullible to fall into that trap. Which is set by the last 8 or 9 years.

Wallsendmag...only the other day you said you were getting a season ticket next year if Rafa stays. Is that not you "lining pockets"?

In fact in the unlikely event he remains in charge for next season I will buy a season ticket again but there would have been no chance of that if we'd have stayed up but brought in a different manager.

If Benitez can not only be persuaded to stay but is also given the proper resources to manage the team and the club to an extent in his own way then I'll go back again because if not I might as well walk away and be done with NUFC for good because other than Ashley leaving it's as good as it's going to get. He isn't going to leave though because our fanbase wasn't up to the fight and 50,000 people have continued to go along and sit on their hands with no resistance. If you can't see how that wasn't part of the problem you're thick as pig sh*t.

The perception within football is that we are so desperate to show our "loyalty" that we'll keep going come hell or high water, even when they're actively taking the piss. Nobody knows that better than Mike Ashley and that's why he sticks around. He's like Donald Trump where Newcastle are concerned: “I could stand in the middle of Northumberland St and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any supporters.”

Good post

Good post

Agreed. Been saying this sort of thing for a while now, there are too many people among our fanbase who are happy to sit there and take everything thrown at them, like waiting for something to happen will work.

Fuck off, man. The match going fans aren't a "big part of the problem" whatsoever. The fans are the reason the clubs exists enough for you to support. Dragged through many many generations.

People who blame the fans are as thick as those who think Ashley's doing a good job. There's no difference. Both completely missing the true issue.

Yes, the few fans who boo down those who aren't happy/protesting are aresholes. But so are those who boo down all of the matchday goers. It's ridiculous and so gullible to fall into that trap. Which is set by the last 8 or 9 years.

Wallsendmag...only the other day you said you were getting a season ticket next year if Rafa stays. Is that not you "lining pockets"?

In fact in the unlikely event he remains in charge for next season I will buy a season ticket again but there would have been no chance of that if we'd have stayed up but brought in a different manager.

:thup:

I agree with Poot here. Slagging fans off who go is taking it too far. Plenty of fans who still go let the owners know what they think. Plenty of them are prepared to take part in mass protests, as seen with Spurs and Swansea last season. I'm actually fed up of fans saying 'I want us to drop down the divisions until Ashley's leaves and then I'll go back', but the majority of them are the ones who if that happened won't go because we have shit footballers, playing in a league full of shit quality football. A lot of those people are the ones who have always been sitting watching matches at home, blame the regime, blame ticket prices, blame the lack of quality, etc, all been used as an excuse not to go. There have been plenty of fans who have packed it in, it has been too much for them, and fair enough to them. The thing is though the majority of them arn't ones who are slagging off those who still go, they are just getting on with it themselves.

Cardiff organised their boycott for an FA Cup match - 4000 turned up when their typical attendance is mid 20s. They'd been turning up for years with protests and marches to no effect. As soon as the threat of people voting with their feet emerged - bam, here's your blue back. Voting with your feet/wallet is the only power we have as fans.

Not for a second suggesting it will be quick or easy like that but the idea he's going to sell up while his stadium is full as opposed to it being empty is ludicrous. Why would he? His stadium being full is a vote of confidence.

I agree with Poot here. Slagging fans off who go is taking it too far. Plenty of fans who still go let the owners know what they think. Plenty of them are prepared to take part in mass protests, as seen with Spurs and Swansea last season. I'm actually fed up of fans saying 'I want us to drop down the divisions until Ashley's leaves and then I'll go back', but the majority of them are the ones who if that happened won't go because we have s*** footballers, playing in a league full of s*** quality football. A lot of those people are the ones who have always been sitting watching matches at home, blame the regime, blame ticket prices, blame the lack of quality, etc, all been used as an excuse not to go. There have been plenty of fans who have packed it in, it has been too much for them, and fair enough to them. The thing is though the majority of them arn't ones who are slagging off those who still go, they are just getting on with it themselves.

Not necessarily slagging off the ones who go, it's the ones who go and don't make themselves heard. Not only that but they have a go at the people who do.

I agree with Poot here. Slagging fans off who go is taking it too far. Plenty of fans who still go let the owners know what they think. Plenty of them are prepared to take part in mass protests, as seen with Spurs and Swansea last season. I'm actually fed up of fans saying 'I want us to drop down the divisions until Ashley's leaves and then I'll go back', but the majority of them are the ones who if that happened won't go because we have s*** footballers, playing in a league full of s*** quality football. A lot of those people are the ones who have always been sitting watching matches at home, blame the regime, blame ticket prices, blame the lack of quality, etc, all been used as an excuse not to go. There have been plenty of fans who have packed it in, it has been too much for them, and fair enough to them. The thing is though the majority of them arn't ones who are slagging off those who still go, they are just getting on with it themselves.

Not necessarily slagging off the ones who go, it's the ones who go and don't make themselves heard. Not only that but they have a go at the people who do.

Those people are in the vast minority. They are well outnumbered by those who have never went, never will go, and slams those who do.

f*** off, man. The match going fans aren't a "big part of the problem" whatsoever. The fans are the reason the clubs exists enough for you to support. Dragged through many many generations.

If Benitez can not only be persuaded to stay but is also given the proper resources to manage the team and the club to an extent in his own way then I'll go back again because if not I might as well walk away and be done with NUFC for good because other than Ashley leaving it's as good as it's going to get. He isn't going to leave though because our fanbase wasn't up to the fight and 50,000 people have continued to go along and sit on their hands with no resistance. If you can't see how that wasn't part of the problem you're thick as pig sh*t.

I have no problem with you wanting to go back, regardless if Ashley is there or not, because you might see good football and "it's as good as it's going to get". But you're a massive f***ing hypocrite and are exactly what you're slagging others off for.

No I'm not. The fans, dwindling numbers of them I admit and of which I was one of who went, or still go along and have given Ashley stick I respect. The vast majority though have just sat there and taken all the sh*t that's been thrown at them. They are the ones who have no right of complaint but they are two separate entities. I have respect for those who still go along and who have tried to force change but they've been let down by the majority who step inside that ground.

Those people are in the vast minority. They are well outnumbered by those who have never went, never will go, and slams those who do.

Gotta disagree there. Look at how many fans were giving other sections stick for the planned walk out against Hull, and how many actually left. Same goes for the SackPardew campaign getting stick because it was "disrupting the team" or "Pardew is doing a good job". A lot of fans have been conditioned to think speaking out against anything is over-expectant.

Cardiff organised their boycott for an FA Cup match - 4000 turned up when their typical attendance is mid 20s. They'd been turning up for years with protests and marches to no effect. As soon as the threat of people voting with their feet emerged - bam, here's your blue back. Voting with your feet/wallet is the only power we have as fans.

Not for a second suggesting it will be quick or easy like that but the idea he's going to sell up while his stadium is full as opposed to it being empty is ludicrous. Why would he? His stadium being full is a vote of confidence.

No one has answered the question yet of why he would sell if the stadium was empty? This is Mike Ashley we're talking about.

Is he more likely (not 'would sell', nobody's psychic) to sell if he's receiving £25m a season or if he's not receiving it? If the only customer base he has all tell him they won't be consuming his product at all from now on - which then affects the advertising potential and the chances of the team being promoted back to the big money league?

Is this a serious question?

Ashley has more than enough money to cut his losses - he's lost massive money a few times gambling on shares. I don't believe getting his money back or even making a profit is his main priority, anything he'll make on the club is pocket change. The only way to get him to sell (if such a thing can be done) is to create a situation where owning NUFC is simply not worth his time/effort/money anymore - not worth it for his company's advertising, not worth it financially in terms of TV/matchday/merchandising income. That's when he'll cut and run imo, not when the club is doing 'well' (i.e. in the PL).

I think it's obvious that some sort of mass boycott is definitely worth a try, and I really do think sustained action would have an effect.

People who doubt the effectiveness of any potential boycott need to be honest and admit they just like going to matches.

As has been suggested, too many of our fans are obsessed with our mad and loyal reputation and frankly, wouldn't give a s**t if we were in League 2.