AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Going through this thread and discounting the obvious, I'm finding the more apathetic posts harder to take.

Anything that starts "Good idea, but/however/unfortunately..", suggests all action will fail even though the poster shares the view that NUFC is falling apart, I think an immediate change of attitude from those posters could start a wider change.

We can see how hard it will be to mobilise those with their heads completely in the sand and how long that might potentially take (longer without AO, N-O and others i'd guess), but you guys are there already, aware of the deceit, hurt by the destruction of your hopes and dreams. Time to look at the proposed action and say "f*** it - I'm getting behind this". After all, unless your ego demands it, you'll gain absolutely nothing from being proved right and if it doesn't go the way you've predicted, you might get your club back, eventually.

I hope i haven't offended anybody with any of this, I am aware I have aimed my post at real fans who have been through the mill and understood how it feels, as opposed to the "sheep" who won't see the reality, but I think changes can happen. Just look at this thread as an example - after the derby a certain "special" poster joined up and immediately derided any idea of action based on their view of the instigators, AshleyOut, and their previous campaign. This poster had nothing constructive to say,yet the forum persisted and humoured him - with pelters, admittedley - while continuing to ask "what would you do?". Now our special friend, mackem or not, has tons more info on our plight than he did when he began posting and is sat congratulating himself after he came up with an idea, and mooted another. Wow!!

It might not look like much, but that's where change starts imo, so if you're not behind those who support the campaign but you want Ashley out, start your change now. We're all we've got, and we need to be united. This might be the time your voice counts

Still not sure? Ask yourself this question:-

a) Do Ashley/Charnley measure success in the same way you do?

Sorry for the length, I don't post much and this has been building  :jesuswept:

Good post.

A lot people who say "Good idea, but/however/unfortunately.." might as well say "yeah I think Ashley's bad, but I've got nowt better to do than go to the football on a Saturday so meh, cba to do anything".

Guest chopey

When I walked out last year with the other 2000 or so I got so much abuse of our "fans" it convinced me that the true vocal majority that protested back in the day are long gone and that's why it's so hard to get something like this off the ground.

The true fans who truly care about the long term future of the club have left anyway because they don't want to give money to Ashley and the fair weather fans that's left will leave when we go down

Sick of people saying we should be grateful to Ashley because without him we would be were Portsmouth are. Right now I would rather be in Portsmouth's a position, yes it would be a long road back but at least we would be a club again.

Anyway this campaign is a great idea. At least I can still have an interest in newcastle now.

Guest alijmitchell

I think that the problem a lot of 'fans' will have with a protest is that it is perceived as ineffectual, and 'makes us a laughing stock'. The perceptions of protest in our fanbase are skewed, hence why I think doing something a little different might be needed.

Sick of people saying we should be grateful to Ashley because without him we would be were Portsmouth are. Right now I would rather be in Portsmouth's a position, yes it would be a long road back but at least we would be a club again.

Anyway this campaign is a great idea. At least I can still have an interest in newcastle now.

Best just to ignore those people because that phrase is recycled straight from the media. Shows they can't see the big picture or think for themselves. It's literally something Paul Merson would say whenever our club is brought up, along with over-expectant fans blah blah.

Guest reefatoon

There is also a huge amount of fans who take this kind of thing as a dig at their so called "superfandom" (we had one on earlier this week who was terrified of being called fickle) and then react in the complete opposite way and go in there and sing their heads off, as if trying to prove to people that they are truly the greatest supporters the world has ever seen.

More interested in trying to portray their imaginary image than trying to do what's best for the club.  Absolute morons.

There is also a huge amount of fans who take this kind of thing as a dig at their so called "superfandom" (we had one on earlier this week who was terrified of being called fickle) and then react in the complete opposite way and go in there and sing their heads off, as if trying to prove to people that they are truly the greatest supporters the world has ever seen.

More interested in trying to portray their imaginary image than trying to do what's best for the club.  Absolute morons.

Aye. I think some superfans actually enjoy us being terrible so they look even more loyal.

Just regarding getting personal, I really hope the cockney mafia thing doesn't come up again. That did nobody any favours.

Definitely, it was awful.

Focus needs to be on the decisions Ashley has made and the things he allows to happen in his companies.

Just regarding getting personal, I really hope the cockney mafia thing doesn't come up again. That did nobody any favours.

Focus needs to be on the decisions Ashley has made and the things he allows to happen in his companies.

Fair enough.

The idea of supporters not showing up to a match is less about costing Ashley money and more a powerful gesture of dissent.  If you strictly look at it in financial terms, none of the Premier League teams NEED supporters to show up on a regular basis. The television revenue streams are so large that they essentially obviate the fans. However, like the studio audience for a television show, the fans will always be an essential part of marketing and presentation.

That's where this matters a great deal. If Newcastle United play a match televised worldwide in front of a half-empty SJP, many people will begin to wonder why. Moreover, the televised pictures with Wonga and Sports Direct logos will be tainted by the fact that there will be obvious swaths of empty seats and sections. It's why if the fans truly didn't show up for a match, it would indeed force action -- not because of financial problems, but because of horrible public relations/marketing.

It's pretty simple. Ask yourself - why are you going? Why do you go? To support Newcastle United? I'd argue that, at this point, any attendance at a club-sanctioned event is a vote of confidence to the current regime. And that vote of confidence only ensures that nothing will change. You're supporting a club that has made it abundantly clear, time and time again, through both words and actions, they do not care about winning and they certainly don't care about the city/region.

Just try it. Try not going. Try not watching. Turn away from the withered husk that this club has become.  It's truly the only way to save it.

Ashley has gone too far, that was his error. He's basically left us with nothing to support. If he had any sense he would appoint someone like Remi Garde in the summer and buy himself another stress-free few seasons.

H should have done it as soon as Pardew walked. There might be mitigating circumstances if Garde didn't want to arrive until the summer, but that will probably all be shot down when we reveal Mclaren as the new cheap as chips former big brand manager.

Guest firetotheworks

We all know that he'll get called fat and a cockney. It's just one of the downsides we'll all have to accept. I abhor it like, that is one thing that I think makes us look bad and that I do care about. Not more than getting him out, but it's very shit.

Even McLaren would probably do the trick for most fans TBH, just anyone who is actually a football manager. If he appoints Carver it's just another massive indication that football means nothing to him. Not that we need any more indications, but you know what I mean.

Guest firetotheworks

He'll have been sat there for an hour going

'What's the word again...it means the same as change?'

An hour later...'CHANGE!'

I seriously laugh at people based on their protest they think Ashley will sell. It is all high testosterone problems cool down. If I am Ashley I wouldnt care what you lot think. I want to own a football club and I own it and why would I give up on that just cause some fans say so.