AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Exactly, you can't emancipate yourself from the club citing Ashley's treatment of said club and then berate action taken against the man who has forced you away. What's your take on what should be done?

I'm not seeing a reason why I can't, to be honest. I don't know what it will take to get rid of Ashley, all I know is that if the idea comes from whoever organised SackPardew, it probably won't work.

I didn't get behind the SackPardew campaign, due to my own opinions on the matter and the manner that protests were carried out.

Personally I do not care who owns my club, who stands in the dugout, whether we play in League 1 or the Conference North - I'll still attend games to support my team.

It's a bit like boo'ing at half time when it's 0-0 against the lesser teams, personally do not understand it at all.

Completely agree that Ashley (and his group of friends/directors) is the problem with our club and I'm 100% behind getting rid of him.

However, I don't believe standing in the ground boo'ing for 90 minutes or simply not turning up has any effect on the man and only results in demotivating the players.

That being said, our atmosphere is awful at the moment and needs improving.

I'm not saying "do nothing", definitely not, but the protests should be kept away from the field of play and in a way that would truly get effect.

People are entitled to their opinion, but I struggle to see a way in which you can have an effective protest whilst sitting at SJP "supporting" the team. Do you have any suggestions as to how you'd carry out such a protest?

The protests under the Milburn stand after games for example (not during the game inside the ground).

Protesting in/outside Sports Direct stores.

It is Mike Ashley we hate, not Newcastle United.

Hence the reason I'd personally rather support my club but also rid my club of this idiot.

It's a difficult one, that's for certain. I can understand people not wanting to do anything but support the club. Unfortunately Ashley and his real interest are now so utterly ingrained within NUFC it's difficult to separate the two.

If all this campaign does is make journalists and the general public outside Newcastle ask more questions about our situation then it's worthwhile IMO.

I didn't get behind the SackPardew campaign, due to my own opinions on the matter and the manner that protests were carried out.

Personally I do not care who owns my club, who stands in the dugout, whether we play in League 1 or the Conference North - I'll still attend games to support my team.

It's a bit like boo'ing at half time when it's 0-0 against the lesser teams, personally do not understand it at all.

Completely agree that Ashley (and his group of friends/directors) is the problem with our club and I'm 100% behind getting rid of him.

However, I don't believe standing in the ground boo'ing for 90 minutes or simply not turning up has any effect on the man and only results in demotivating the players.

I'm not saying "do nothing", definitely not, but the protests should be kept away from the field of play and in a way that would truly get effect.

People are entitled to their opinion, but I struggle to see a way in which you can have an effective protest whilst sitting at SJP "supporting" the team. Do you have any suggestions as to how you'd carry out such a protest?

The protests under the Milburn stand after games for example (not during the game inside the ground).

Hence the reason I'd personally rather support my club but also rid my club of this idiot.

It would just be a significantly greater undertaking to arrange these things, when compared to piggybacking on the match itself and harnessing the rage brought about by a performance crafted by the mind of John Carver.

I can understand that you stick with the club through thick and thin but for us we've seen a manager litterally rip the heart of football away from us, and an owner litterally ripping the heart of the football club away from us. I can't understand why you would want to attend games. Ashley is laughing his arse off at everyone who walks into that stadium on a match day.

One piece of salient information you missed there, this isn't Newcastle United, this is Mike Ashley's Newcastle United. The only thing that is the same is the building underneath all that tat. You're supporting am empty shell.

It's a difficult one, that's for certain. I can understand people not wanting to do anything but support the club. Unfortunately Ashley and his real interest are now so utterly ingrained within NUFC it's difficult to separate the two.

If all this campaign does is make journalists and the general public outside Newcastle ask more questions about our situation then it's worthwhile IMO.

Completely agree.

The last part hit the nail on the head for me. The thing that annoys me most at the moment is the club seems to get by without ever being asked a difficult question.

If the campaign does that, it'll be a great success in my opinion.

Are you going to answer my questions Mako? Bit weird that you feel so strongly about this tbh.

It's weird you think I shouldn't be able to criticise AshleyOut.com unless I have my own manifesto for change. From where I'm sitting, I'm doing the same as most other fans who want him out are - not going to games, not buying the merchandise, and generally holding him in contempt and hooping for change. If you want me to get on board with threatening his kids or fire bombing SD or any of the other 'ideas' floated in here, then sorry, I'm out. Principles and all that.

Exactly, you can't emancipate yourself from the club citing Ashley's treatment of said club and then berate action taken against the man who has forced you away. What's your take on what should be done?

I'm not seeing a reason why I can't, to be honest. I don't know what it will take to get rid of Ashley, all I know is that if the idea comes from whoever organised SackPardew, it probably won't work.

You don't know what it'll take but you know what they're doing won't work?

I can understand that you stick with the club through thick and thin but for us we've seen a manager litterally rip the heart of football away from us, and an owner litterally ripping the heart of the football club away from us. I can't understand why you would want to attend games. Ashley is laughing his arse off at everyone who walks into that stadium on a match day.

I attend games in an attempt to support my team.

Do you think Ashley would lose any money if Newcastle United went bust due to fans boycotting every fixture all season and we were relegated?

Newcastle United would go bust, but Ashley would be in Barbados sitting on £50 notes.

Not attending games does not hurt Mike Ashley one single ounce.

Are you going to answer my questions Mako? Bit weird that you feel so strongly about this tbh.

It's weird you think I shouldn't be able to criticise AshleyOut.com unless I have my own manifesto for change. From where I'm sitting, I'm doing the same as most other fans who want him out are - not going to games, not buying the merchandise, and generally holding him in contempt and hooping for change. If you want me to get on board with threatening his kids or fire bombing SD or any of the other 'ideas' floated in here, then sorry, I'm out. Principles and all that.

ashleyout are supporting threatening his kids and firebombing SD? I don't support either, don't know why that affects ashleyout.com though. (ok maybe want to burn down SD a little bit, as long as noones hurt)

Do you think Ashley would lose any money if Newcastle United went bust due to fans boycotting every fixture all season and we were relegated?

Newcastle United would go bust, but Ashley would be in Barbados sitting on £50 notes.

hurts him more than attending games. He holds all the cards it's true, every little helps though. Maybe the lack of support would get us relegated? One would hope, he's doing a good enough job on his own. Relegation would hit his wallet and he'd sell.

Eh? I haven't read the site properly yet, does it have the stuff you mention on there? I highly doubt that, the Pardew one was pretty professional if you ask me.

What I'm asking is why you feel so strongly against the individuals that ran the Pardew campaign (of which I'm sure I read in The Times there were loads, not just a few) and why you don't feel as strongly about getting involved, preferring to just slag it off on here.

hurts him more than attending games. He holds all the cards it's true, every little helps though. Maybe the lack of support would get us relegated? One would hope, he's doing a good enough job on his own. Relegation would hit his wallet and he'd sell.

didn't last time.

You seem very against them? Why's that?

I laid it all out in my very first post in the thread.

Eh? I haven't read the site properly yet, does it have the stuff you mention on there? I highly doubt that, the Pardew one was pretty professional if you ask me.

They're suggestions in this thread.

What I'm asking is why you feel so strongly against the individuals that ran the Pardew campaign (of which I'm sure I read in The Times there were loads, not just a few) and why you don't feel as strongly about getting involved, preferring to just slag it off on here.

Because they made a complete hash of it. Why not just read my first post, I made it pretty clear why I though of the campaign, I don't want to keep repeating it.

Maybe if we just all close our eyes really tight and put our hands over our ears and shout "lalalalalala" really loud, when we stop and open our eyes he will be gone. Who needs some professionally put together, targeted campaign to get him out?

Mako didn't like the Pardew campaign because the real issue was Ashley. As a result, those same campaigners turning to Ashley won't get his support, and he's apparently not willing to help. I'm bowing out here, because I don't see how a person like that can be reasoned with. It's either deliberate or utter lunacy.

And I still don't see the link between 'suggestions' in this thread and the actual campaign website.

May as well keep giving him money then.l to rip the p*ss out of the city and the club. Makes sense imo. And it's really worked the last few years

If tickets were free, would you change your mind on attending games?

You're not giving money to the club, but would have to go and support the team?

That argument holds no substance with me.

May as well keep giving him money then.l to rip the p*ss out of the city and the club. Makes sense imo. And it's really worked the last few years

Bet these  same people saying support the team where kicking off with Krul, booing the team and saying they should never wear the shirt.

This thing about fans thinking players care drives me wild like. 

What? You're giving money to him.  "Have to go to support the team?" What do you mean by that?

You are paying the guy money even though he's essentially ripped the heart out of this club and the city.  How can you debate that?

You didn't really answer my question though.

Would you attend games if tickets were free?

If 50k people attend or 5 people, it wont stop Mike Ashley fleecing the club for everything it has.

Ticket sales are a mere drop in the ocean in terms of income for football clubs.

Why don't you send a nasty email to Sky/BT Sports for giving Mike so much money?

Bet these  same people saying support the team where kicking off with Krul, booing the team and saying they should never wear the shirt.

This thing about fans thinking players care drives me wild like.

90% of players merely play football to earn a living, there are sadly very few who actually care about the club they play for.

But you can't really argue with it can you, if Man Utd offered you £325,000 a week... you'd play, but not give a toss about Man Utd.