Newcastle United vs Spurs - Sunday 19th April@4pm (watch on SkySports 1 instead)

leffe186

Guest reefatoon

No way the attendance will be sub 40K.

It was only sub 40K on a couple of occasions in the Championship man.

People have paid for season tickets and match tickets, they aren't going to pay for them and then not go.

You're wrong, I know plenty of people who have paid for season tickets and are not going.

More fool them.

I'd never not use something I'd already paid for.

Do you want to buy a shot gun?

Struggling to understand why anyone would think our current team, management and owner deserve any support - we are in an absolute mess.

Struggling to see why so many cannot see this and will not do anything about it.

Struggling to think of any justifiable reason for anyone to go to this - a one off (for now) boycott to make a stand against the above.

I think all those not going into the ground should still meet up around the ground encouraging people not to go in/block turnstiles etc - what ever it takes!

No way the attendance will be sub 40K.

It was only sub 40K on a couple of occasions in the Championship man.

People have paid for season tickets and match tickets, they aren't going to pay for them and then not go.

You're wrong, I know plenty of people who have paid for season tickets and are not going.

More fool them.

I'd never not use something I'd already paid for.

Do you want to buy a shot gun?

:laugh:

Obviously it's easy for me to say because I live away anyway, but I would be staying away even if I thought the protest ultimately wouldn't work. It's a sacrifice of absolutely nothing to give some much-needed support to your fellow fans. It's the least anyone can do.

im in two minds about this boycott

i dont want to go because it does need highlighting and a statement made

but...

i cant bear not supporting my team and he already has my cash

a sit in may have been better forcing them to keep the stadium open for hours afterwards ultimately costing them for police and stewards and leccy bills etc

but...

a sit in may have been better forcing them to keep the stadium open for hours afterwards ultimately costing them for police and stewards and leccy bills etc

You may as well join in for this game mate, absolutely nothing to lose. It'll feel much better to be part of the however-many who took part.

but...

You may as well join in for this game mate, absolutely nothing to lose. It'll feel much better to be part of the however-many who took part.

it will i agree, i have always believed in backing those on the pitch with the shirt on though regardless of everything going on around it

Guest reefatoon

This is a good one, lad at work said he was boycotting the match. Turns out he sold his ticket to someone else  :lol: kind of missing the point.

Hope it was Ujpest Doza's missus who bought the ticket, that would serve the bugger right.

Guest reefatoon

but...

Ask yourself if you are getting your money's worth out of it. If not then what's the point in going.

but...

You have nothing to lose, you can still go into town as per normal, go to the protest and watch it in a bar.

Think of the greater good.

but...

You have nothing to lose, you can still go into town as per normal, go to the protest and watch it in a bar.

ashley still has my cash for the game though, he doesnt care if im there or not

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but sometimes I don't get this English obsession with relatively small amounts of money. Whatever the price someone paid for the ticket, you could end up losing it, or having it stolen off you. What would you do? Go on a killing spree? Call the cops? And this isn't even a case of a 13 yr old teenager saving up every penny to buy a single match ticket. I'm on about grown adults having this mentality of "I've paid so I'm going", and completely disregarding the bigger picture.

UD should look at the 30-40 odd quid cost of the ticket the same way one would look at giving money to charity. You're not going to see a direct benefit to yourself, but it's a gesture for the greater good.

Guest reefatoon

but...

The more empty seats in the ground, the more it's going to be talked about and mentioned in the media, which will make him squirm.  The emptier the better for making a point. Sitting on the fence is no good at all. Either do something or do nothing and be happy with your lot.

it will i agree, i have always believed in backing those on the pitch with the shirt on though regardless of everything going on around it

I can understand this, but it's a question of weighing what is better for the club in the long-run. NUFC won't benefit from the fact that Gabriel Obertan plays 5% better on Sunday.

And the money thing I get too, but I think "Ashley doesn't care if I'm there" is a bit simplistic. You can be one of the thousands that don't go, and even if this protest doesn't do anything it is a start, it's something that can be followed up on if it's big enough. There will be this action then other actions after it, to keep the ball rolling if it's big enough, everyone can help.

There is no Newcastle United any more, people need to realise that. The old rules about supporting the team no longer apply, the club is not trying to do anything except exist.

but...

The more empty seats in the ground, the more it's going to be talked about and mentioned in the media, which will make him squirm.  The emptier the better for making a point. Sitting on the fence is no good at all. Either do something or do nothing and be happy with your lot.

this is why i have the dilemma

but...

Its one game to make a stand. Does newcastle united mean more to you than 25 quid