Newcastle United vs Spurs - Sunday 19th April@4pm (watch on SkySports 1 instead)

leffe186

Guest antz1uk

As if the one game really affects you in any way, or your being there even matters to the gutless wonders infesting our dressing room.

£710 ST/19 games = £37.36 per match

£710 ST/18 games = £39.44 per match

No doubt the £7 burger bought in the ground will be a necessity though........

I don't pay anything like that.

Price freeze means I pay £17.36 per match for me and £4.73 per match for the bairn.

Fans are trying their best to force change for the greater good of the club and you're prepared to turn a blind eye and support the current situation for the sake of £22.09?

£1.22 averaged over the other 18 games. Just make a stand, man.

Sounds to me like Mr Dozy is just some tight arse that is petrified he's going to lose something he paid for, and the fact his life sounds like a miserable existance if it's the only was you can get 3 hrs away from the wife, think you've got bigger issues to deal with

it's not like there was any other reason to go to the match when the club needs your support in more important ways, like someone said previously, go to this match then you've no right to moan about what you get served up next season as this is a chance to be heard, like those that don't vote, you don't get the right to moan afterwards, although reading from your comments it sounds like you enjoy going just to watch the grass grow cos there's nothing else to enjoy while there

This argument that I've paid for the tickets so I am going to go is also laughable. The money's gone whether you attend or not. It won't cost you any more to stick two fingers up to Fat Mike by not turning up.

It's more of a statement to stay away if you've already paid as well. Ashley is going to be sweating the more people who stay away even though it costs them money.

why will ashley be sweating

he literally will not give a damn

This argument that I've paid for the tickets so I am going to go is also laughable. The money's gone whether you attend or not. It won't cost you any more to stick two fingers up to Fat Mike by not turning up.

It's more of a statement to stay away if you've already paid as well. Ashley is going to be sweating the more people who stay away even though it costs them money.

Exactly, it's the TV revenue he's most interested in and those who stay away have already paid him anyway.

He couldn't care less and will continue to do things his way as he always has done.

He might not be sweating but he will give a damn. I remember Llambias saying how important it was that the ground was full when they put on those cheap season tickets a few games into the 11/12 season when attendances had dipped and we still hadn't hit 50,000 at any of our first 5 home games. No way will he want his beloved Sports Direct logos illuminated around the pitch to a backdrop of empty seats.

He didn't back then and he won't now.

Guest reefatoon

Exactly, it's the TV revenue he's most interested in and those who stay away have already paid him anyway.

He couldn't care less and will continue to do things his way as he always has done.

Enjoy your 3 hours away from the missus.

To be fair I get 12 hours away from her every day while we're at work anyway.

Guest reefatoon

Living the dream.

Living the dream.

;D

For me, any so called fan that does go to the match, automatically loses any kind of right to complain about the owner and the state we are in. They make their beds, they can lie in it.

^^^^^^^

This 100%

They also endorse this:

First Team:

Played 14 Won 2

Under 21s: Played 11 Won 0

Under 18s: Played 11 Won 2

:blush:

But we need to support da playas! They deserve our support!

It's as though people haven't factored this in. People are arsed to try on everyone's behalf. What do you lose?

It's not about money this weekend, it's about showing the club that enough is enough and demonstrating our power as fans. Of course season tickets are already paid, but a half empty stadium is a sign of things to come if there is no change. The fans can send a powerful message this weekend and infront of the Sky cameras too, but some would rather watch 90 minutes of absolute dross than do anything constructive. People don't even need to be outside the ground protesting, sit in the pub and watch it on Sky Sports. The important thing is just not being there.

Didn't they release a statement one time asking fans to stop protesting and stop chanting against Ashley? I'm sure they did. How people can say this stuff doesn't get to them is beyond me. Maybe we aren't seeing the responses we'd like because people take that attitude and lessen the impact of the protest by not taking part in it.

Didn't they release a statement one time asking fans to stop protesting and stop chanting against Ashley? I'm sure they did. How people can say this stuff doesn't get to them is beyond me. Maybe we aren't seeing the responses we'd like because people take that attitude and lessen the impact of the protest by not taking part in it.

Ashley said himself in a statement that he would sell so there was "no need to protest anymore".

Edit: here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7615655.stm

I have the interests of Newcastle United at heart. I have listened to you. You want me out. That is what I am now trying to do but it won't happen overnight and it may not happen at all if a buyer does not come in.

You don't need to demonstrate against me again because I have got the message. Any further action will only have an adverse effect on the team. As fans of Newcastle United you need to spend your energy getting behind, not me, but the players who need your support.

Aye he put the club up for sale on the back of a protest didn't he?

All be it another smoke screen to get his way, head over to AO to get the inside info on why he said that and what really happened. Truth is it did affect him otherwise he wouldn't have felt the need to lie to us about selling up. If he meant it we would be where City is right now, fat fuck.

I don't want to word this too strongly or anything, but you're missing the point.

You are staying away even though it is costing you money, that means it's even more of a powerful statement. Imagine if 20,000 people felt strongly enough to do that. If Ashley just thought, "I've got his £22.09 anyway" he would be an idiot.

It's not about the money for this game, this week or even this particular protest. It's about starting to show that we object to what is happening.

The "he doesn't care he's got your money" argument is total shit like.  Of course he cares he sees you as customers, if you start not turning up he's going to start sweating. It's a massive visual fuck you to him, not to mention sky won't like it, neither will sponsors. He's got away with much fucking garbage here precisely because people continue to buy tickets and turn up.

This is what I meant.

The thing is that even though people have paid for their ticket the club will lose money because people won't be there to buy their £7 pie and pint deals alongside the coming soon they get for bets on the concourse. The club will lose money and if it's happening game after game then it is going to get to them. People say match day income is irrelelevant, it's not, otherwise you wouldn't be paying £30 or more for a ticket plus the expensive snacks on the concourse. Over the course of a year match day income is at an estimate about 25% of the £35m profit the club made.

A boycott wins by showing him that we are prepared to stop turning up, we are prepared to stop buying stuff, we are prepared to hit him where it hurts and do something that hurts us by not going in order to get our ultimate aim of him fucking off.

Exactly, lads. Incase people haven't noticed Ashley counts every last penny, he despises losing money. Regardless of the TV money coming in, he will lose a profit if we walk away.

If fans stop buying from the club shop, going to matches, pies etc, the club will lose millions.

If he didn't care about the stadium being full the ticket prices would have risen a lot more than they have. He wants more people through the gates so they buy other stuff, it's exactly the same principle as Sports Direct. It's a steady and reliable stream of revenue, of course it matters. Hence the ten year deals.

And if he doesn't care about what the fans say and do then he's done a staggering amount of unnecessary things to restrict what the fans say and do.

Also it matters to Sky and the Premier League that the stadiums are full as that image is what helps to sell it worldwide.  It was something the Premier League stressed with the recent TV deal.

Newcastle are on TV a lot - even more than last season (can't be for the entertainment - at least not from the NUFC's point of view).  If people stay away and the regular backdrop is loads of empty seats, then I would expect Sky to show fewer of our games .  The club gets a significant fee for each game shown so they would also lose revenue in that way.

Guest neesy111

If he didn't care about the stadium being full the ticket prices would have risen a lot more than they have. He wants more people through the gates so they buy other stuff, it's exactly the same principle as Sports Direct. It's a steady and reliable stream of revenue, of course it matters. Hence the ten year deals.

And if he doesn't care about what the fans say and do then he's done a staggering amount of unnecessary things to restrict what the fans say and do.

:thup: