Newcastle United vs Spurs - Sunday 19th April@4pm (watch on SkySports 1 instead)

leffe186

The "he doesn't care he's got your money" argument is total s*** like.  Of course he cares he sees you as customers, if you start not turning up he's going to start sweating. It's a massive visual f*** you to him, not to mention sky won't like it, neither will sponsors. He's got away with much f***ing garbage here precisely because people continue to buy tickets and turn up.

This is what I meant.

It's unbelievable that people can not get this.

The owner who has driven thousands of fans away from their club. The owner who is so clueless that he's alienated so many fans that his name is mud and they'll stay away from games they've already paid for?

He'll feel it alright. The fat pig should, and possibly will, be squirming on Sunday afternoon. It'll make people sit up and take notice of what's actually happening and it will definitely not reflect well on Ashley.

The thing is that even though people have paid for their ticket the club will lose money because people won't be there to buy their £7 pie and pint deals alongside the coming soon they get for bets on the concourse. The club will lose money and if it's happening game after game then it is going to get to them. People say match day income is irrelelevant, it's not, otherwise you wouldn't be paying £30 or more for a ticket plus the expensive snacks on the concourse. Over the course of a year match day income is at an estimate about 25% of the £35m profit the club made.

A boycott wins by showing him that we are prepared to stop turning up, we are prepared to stop buying stuff, we are prepared to hit him where it hurts and do something that hurts us by not going in order to get our ultimate aim of him fucking off.

I thought it was contracted out?

Guest Roger Kint

The thing is that even though people have paid for their ticket the club will lose money because people won't be there to buy their £7 pie and pint deals alongside the coming soon they get for bets on the concourse. The club will lose money and if it's happening game after game then it is going to get to them. People say match day income is irrelelevant, it's not, otherwise you wouldn't be paying £30 or more for a ticket plus the expensive snacks on the concourse. Over the course of a year match day income is at an estimate about 25% of the £35m profit the club made.

A boycott wins by showing him that we are prepared to stop turning up, we are prepared to stop buying stuff, we are prepared to hit him where it hurts and do something that hurts us by not going in order to get our ultimate aim of him fucking off.

I thought it was contracted out?

It is.

Guest Roger Kint

This is the sort of fan we have to contend with:

toonlad 30 ‏@toonlad30 51m51 minutes ago

Hope at Nufc can beat spurs come on lads we need win then we can relax and play the football I no you can !!!!!toon toon

:anguish:

If the desperate emails I've been receiving off them all week (6 since Monday) telling me Spurs (and Swansea) tickets are still on general sale are anything to go by, ticket sales are very slow. Add to that the season ticket holders that don't show and the gaps will definitely be noticeable on the telly. It'll be interesting to see if Sky reference it.

Can't remember looking forward to a match as much in ages and I'm boycotting it!

If the desperate emails I've been receiving off them all week (6 since Monday) telling me Spurs (and Swansea) tickets are still on general sale are anything to go by, ticket sales are very slow. Add to that the season ticket holders that don't show and the gaps will definitely be noticeable on the telly. It'll be interesting to see if Sky reference it.

Can't remember looking forward to a match as much in ages and I'm boycotting it!

Looking on the ticket site, there are big areas of available tickets which is great.  Leazes East Corner for example looks mostly available as do big areas in the Gallowgate.  Add to that the season tickets that do not go, there will be notable gaps in the crowds.

Hoping more decide over the next day or two to not go as well.

How come I never get e-mails off the club?????

Guest Roger Kint

The same reason betting firms dont offer existing customers the obscenely good deals that new customers get. You have already sold you soul to the devil, no need to entice you further

How come I never get e-mails off the club?????

Do you have an email address?

Also it matters to Sky and the Premier League that the stadiums are full as that image is what helps to sell it worldwide.  It was something the Premier League stressed with the recent TV deal.

Newcastle are on TV a lot - even more than last season (can't be for the entertainment - at least not from the NUFC's point of view).  If people stay away and the regular backdrop is loads of empty seats, then I would expect Sky to show fewer of our games .  The club gets a significant fee for each game shown so they would also lose revenue in that way.

the tide would also turn in their media propaganda of the club.

I'm positive it'll be better than any Pardew campaign and that had an effect. Anything is better than nothing and tbh most of what I've seen so far has been pretty positive, other than the odd crackpot.

This is the sort of fan we have to contend with:

toonlad 30 ‏@toonlad30 51m51 minutes ago

Hope at Nufc can beat spurs come on lads we need win then we can relax and play the football I no you can !!!!!toon toon

:anguish:

@toonlad30  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Am hurting as much as the next supporter but this is all I have is my season ticket no matter how we play good bad or indifferent #nufc#nb

:lol: