Newcastle United vs West Bromwich Albion - 09/05/15 @ 3pm (Not on TV)

Stifler

Guest Gino14

As average as he is we need Colback in midfield.

You might be right, but part of me wants some kind of defence.  If De Jong is fit enough, a three of Abeid, Sissoko and De Jong might be solid enough.  If  Cisse was fit,  I'd like to see Cabella and Perez either side of him perhaps, with players being flexible and either Perez or De Jong joining Cisse.

It doesn't seem like Cisse is fit though and Colback will ultimately be played in midfield.  I just hope it isn't Colback and Raylor in midfield again with an absolute calamity defence.  Colback in midfield is as good as a defensive midfielder as we have right now, but our defence could look like something even a league two side would relish playing against.

I know we're not Man Utd, and Carver isn't Van Gaal, but fuck me, when they had their defensive crisis earlier in the season, they still had no qualms about playing McNair and Blackett. We really should be bringing Satka and Sterry into the first team for this game at least. Train with them all week, and just give it a go.

That;s what a professional football club would do at least. In our case it's old rusty and shit squares pegs in round holes.

Guest Gino14

This square pegs in round holes thing never works.  All it does is sacrifice a functional part of the team to patch up another part.  Ultimately in our case we go from needing to have a patched up defence to having a patched up defence and midfield.  We could easily have a very solid midfield with what we have fit and use it to protect a patched up defence.  No football team can survive long without a functioning midfield and no team can have a functioning midfield with Ryan Taylor and Jack Colback at its heart.

Think he'll gamble on all three of Dummett, Cissé and De Jong to be able to start tbh.

Krul

Raylor Colo Dummett Anita

Colback Sissoko

Ayoze    De Jong    Jonas

Cissë

Or something like that I think Carver might go for.

Think he'll gamble on all three of Dummett, Cissé and De Jong to be able to start tbh.

Krul

Raylor Colo Dummett Anita

Colback Sissoko

Ayoze    De Jong    Jonas

Cissë

Or something like that I think Carver might go for.

I think he should hold back with De jong and Cisse. Wait til Janmaat is back and try and beat QPR. It's our only option now.

For QPR.

Krul

Janmaat Colo Dummett Anita

Colback Sissoko

Ayoze    De Jong    Cabella

Cissë

Guest Gino14

I know that's a realistic lineup people are suggesting, but did people actually see Anita at left back?  There's no way that should happen again, even if it means playing a youngster there.

I know that's a realistic lineup people are suggesting, but did people actually see Anita at left back?  There's no way that should happen again, even if it means playing a youngster there.

I chose him at LB because Dummett is a decent CB. And Colback was a car crash at LB in the derby.

It's Anita or Jonas for me. And Anita can pass and move with a hint of pace. I can't see another option really.

Guest Gino14

I chose him at LB because Dummett is a decent CB. And Colback was a car crash at LB in the derby.

It's Anita or Jonas for me. And Anita can pass and move with a hint of pace. I can't see another option really.

We don't have many good options there, but I'd probably favour Jonas over Anita on what I'd seen.  We simply don't have a good option though, which is shambolic, given that we sold two players who could have played there.

We don't have many good options there, but I'd probably favour Jonas over Anita on what I'd seen.  We simply don't have a good option though, which is shambolic, given that we sold two players who could have played there.

What does Jonas give us that Anita doesn't in your opinion? Granted they are both shit and shouldn't been considered for playing LB, but thats another story  :lol:

Guest Gino14

What does Jonas give us that Anita doesn't in your opinion? Granted they are both s*** and shouldn't been considered for playing LB, but thats another story  :lol:

Well when watching Anita at left back, he didn't have any discipline for the position at all and at times just wasn't there.  He also can't tackle on his left foot at all.  He had no chance of stopping a winger doing the simple thing of just running down the line, which is a pretty vital thing to be able to stop.  He's a far better footballer than Jonas, so he has that going for him, but he's far less experienced at playing on the left side and just looked too vulnerable.

They're both so bad at the position that it's almost a coin flip for me anyway.  Jonas is so spent as a footballer now, it's almost a joke we still need him.  Anita was just so awful playing there though, I've rarely seen anything like it.

Guest chopey

Tony pullis will out manoeuvre carver from start to finish here and with disgruntled fans and square pegs in round holes all over the pitch its going to be a fucking car crash

I think we'll get something from this. Fuck knows why.

West Brom are safe. To be honest we could barely have asked for 3 better games to end the season with.

Except WBA are on the back of a really good win and are far better organised than we'll ever be under this moron, QPR have the Barton factor (hates our board, might like to make a point) and West Ham have Nolan (hates our Board) and Fat Sam (would love to send us down to prove a point).

It's not like those last two games don't have a little bit of a niggly feel to them.

Think this one is our best chance. Lose yet again and everyone will give up (if they haven't already). Need Cisse desperately to get patched up somehow. Win this and it should be enough.

Lowes is right. Can't we all just get along and pretend that the fucking horrific decision to let Carver finish the season is perfectly fine?

After yesterday, the protests need to get louder and bigger.

Lowes is right. Can't we all just get along and pretend that the fucking horrific decision to let Carver finish the season is perfectly fine?

After yesterday, the protests need to get louder and bigger.

Agreed. :thup: The time to back the club has long passed. I think there's a bare faced cheek in the club statement from yesterday and also the rallying call from Lowes - who will have no doubt been prompted by the club. I bet this week, we will see various NUFC 'legends' rolled out to speak via the Chronicle, for the supporters to back the team on Saturday. Shameless.

Anita has looked like a fish out of water at full back, in fact it's been bordering on embarrassing watching him try to play there. Add the fact that he's on his wrong side and it's a disaster waiting to happen. They'll target him and he'll get tortured. Jonas every time for LB.

Anita has looked like a fish out of water at full back, in fact it's been bordering on embarrassing watching him try to play there. Add the fact that he's on his wrong side and it's a disaster waiting to happen. They'll target him and he'll get tortured. Jonas every time for LB.

Worked a treat against the mackems, that.

Worked a treat against the mackems, that.

Elaborate please.