Newcastle United vs West Bromwich Albion - 09/05/15 @ 3pm (Not on TV)

Stifler

Guest chopey

Lowes is right. Can't we all just get along and pretend that the f***ing horrific decision to let Carver finish the season is perfectly fine?

After yesterday, the protests need to get louder and bigger.

I can see where he is coming from to be honest, however to provide any support to the team means I support the regime and I fucking hate Ashley, carver and charnley with a passion and would rather see my beloved Newcastle go down a division than give any of those three a justification to be there

I know that's a realistic lineup people are suggesting, but did people actually see Anita at left back?  There's no way that should happen again, even if it means playing a youngster there.

I chose him at LB because Dummett is a decent CB. And Colback was a car crash at LB in the derby.

It's Anita or Jonas for me. And Anita can pass and move with a hint of pace. I can't see another option really.

Anita has looked like a fish out of water at full back, in fact it's been bordering on embarrassing watching him try to play there. Add the fact that he's on his wrong side and it's a disaster waiting to happen. They'll target him and he'll get tortured. Jonas every time for LB.

Worked a treat against the mackems, that.

Elaborate please.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Match/Report/0,,10278~3143675,00.html

One of the worst full back performances I've ever seen.

Lowes is right. Can't we all just get along and pretend that the f***ing horrific decision to let Carver finish the season is perfectly fine?

After yesterday, the protests need to get louder and bigger.

Agreed. :thup: The time to back the club has long passed. I think there's a bare faced cheek in the club statement from yesterday and also the rallying call from Lowes - who will have no doubt been prompted by the club. I bet this week, we will see various NUFC 'legends' rolled out to speak via the Chronicle, for the supporters to back the team on Saturday. Shameless.

I'm not sticking up for him but to be fair, he had a right pop at Ashley as well, calling him arrogant amongst other things. I think what Lowes was saying was, dont do it for Ashley, don’t do it for the players but do it for you.

Or something like that.

I'm not sticking up for him but to be fair, he had a right pop at Ashley as well, calling him arrogant amongst other things. I think what Lowes was saying was, dont do it for Ashley, don’t do it for the players but do it for you.

Or something like that.

Cheer or boo. Go or don't go. It makes fuck all difference to the results. Fuck them.

I know that's a realistic lineup people are suggesting, but did people actually see Anita at left back?  There's no way that should happen again, even if it means playing a youngster there.

I chose him at LB because Dummett is a decent CB. And Colback was a car crash at LB in the derby.

It's Anita or Jonas for me. And Anita can pass and move with a hint of pace. I can't see another option really.

Anita has looked like a fish out of water at full back, in fact it's been bordering on embarrassing watching him try to play there. Add the fact that he's on his wrong side and it's a disaster waiting to happen. They'll target him and he'll get tortured. Jonas every time for LB.

Elaborate please.

Elaborate please.

Elaborate please.

Elaborate please.

You've gone back over 2 years for that man. This is a bloke who's played there for Argentina yet you'd rather play Anita there, a player with the heart the size if a pea, who looks totally out of his depth in his proper position let alone in defence and on his weaker side? That actually beggars belief when you think about it.

It depends how true that 'players are scared of SJP' article is. There's no quotes but, if true, maybe the protests can wait and we can drag the lads to a win.

Oh wait, we have no defence and Carver in the dugout!

There's been mention this morning, of Ryan Taylor or Jonas playing DC alongside 'the captain', on Saturday. Mental. Satka is a DC and whilst he's green, he's surely worth a start? Unless Carver is worrying that Colo will hang the kid out to dry?

If Pulis wasn't a massive negative bellend he would play Anichebe and Ideye up front, with Berahino on the right or left. Luckily (not sure if it is or not?) he is a massive negative bellend, but they would absolutely destroy us with that. Colo gets physically bullied by Shane Long and the thought of Ryan Taylor trying to defend against someone of Anichebe's size is hilarious.

Did you see his performances for Argentina? :lol:

Seriously this forum is the only place on the internet, or in real life for that matter where you would find people suggesting Vernon Anita (a failed in the PL right footed midfielder) playing as a left back. Mental.

Seriously this forum is the only place on the internet, or in real life for that matter where you would find people suggesting Vernon Anita (a failed in the PL right footed midfielder) playing as a left back. Mental.

Frank de Boer:

"Vurnon is a great player because he just changes position without complaining.

“He will drop into defender at left-back or right-back and just do the job for the team.

“He did that for me on many occasions with Ajax. I’m sure it will be the same at Newcastle.”

Frank de Boer:

“He will drop into defender at left-back or right-back and just do the job for the team.

“He did that for me on many occasions with Ajax. I’m sure it will be the same at Newcastle.”

Yeah he played at left-back quite a few times for Ajax I think.

Sadly it's one think dropping into LB in a functioning Dutch side managed by De Boer, it's entirely another matter doing it for Newcastle under Carver where everything is an absolute mess. Not that we have any better options.

De Boer will have his team drilled so that they know what every position entails or, at least, quite a few and what the overall system is. Carver/Pardew just chuck guys in at random and hope they know how to play there. It's absolutely absurd.

As in, most players in most teams will know rough guidelines for their system, like for full backs - "overlap in every attack" or "man mark the wide players" or "keep a high line" or "play ball infield at every opportunity" or "make triangles with the LCM and CB" or whatever. There's absolutely zero plan at the moment, you can see it. The biggest plan we have is that f***ing stupid kick-off routine which we can't even do and aiming at Williamson on every set-piece which hasn't ever worked. Not one player gives me the idea that they are playing as part of a drilled system. They just all play how they want which is fine if the players are actually good, but they aren't. Crazy.

Frank de Boer:

It wasn't the same at Newcastle though. He's been completely useless in his favoured position so I fail to any argument for playing him as a left back.

Completely useless?? :lol: When confident and playing in a functioning team he's been very good imo. Too bad our team hasn't played football 99% of his time here. And when he has played well and been confident he has been dropped after a couple of games, undeserved as well....

Personally i rate him. It just hasn't worked for him here. He chose the wrong club, like a few other players.

Completely useless?? :lol: When confident and playing in a functioning team he's been very good imo. Too bad our team hasn't played football 99% of his time here. And when he has played well and been confident he has been dropped after a couple of games, undeserved as well....

Personally i rate him. It just hasn't worked for him here. He chose the wrong club, like a few other players.

Like I said it's only this forum where he's rated. Never seen anything in him to suggest he'd be a success in a top league. Can't tackle, poor passer, no good in the air, easily muscled off the ball, doesn't score goals. Can't see what you see in him tbh.

No, you said it was only this forum that would ever think of playing him left back, despite him playing there many times before.

There's a place for players like Anita but it's not at this NUFC. To use him, you have to be looking to dominate possession and recycle the ball quickly through midfield with short passes.

As Newcastle fans, we like to think we know best and that players who've not done it here are the problem. Plenty were delighted to see the back of Santon and MYM too. Inter are finishing the season very strongly whilst Roma look good for second place. Perhaps our unique brand of telling the players to get out there and work hard and get fifteen stitches because "the fans love that" isn't the best way of judging actual footballers.

No, you said it was only this forum that would ever think of playing him left back, despite him playing there many times before.

There's a place for players like Anita but it's not at this NUFC. To use him, you have to be looking to dominate possession and recycle the ball quickly through midfield with short passes.

As Newcastle fans, we like to think we know best and that players who've not done it here are the problem. Plenty were delighted to see the back of Santon and MYM too. Inter are finishing the season very strongly whilst Roma look good for second place. Perhaps our unique brand of telling the players to get out there and work hard and get fifteen stitches because "the fans love that" isn't the best way of judging actual footballers.

He's not good enough to play for one of the teams who dominate possession in any of the top leagues though. Probably better off going back to Holland if he needs to play for a club that'll be on top most games. Let's face it none of the big Spanish, German, French or English clubs are going to be coming in for him any time soon.

I thought Anita did quite well at full back against Liverpool. I would prefer to have a proper left back obviously, but what is the alternative? Jonas? Neither is ideal really, six of one half a dozen of the other.

I thought Anita did quite well at full back against Liverpool. I would prefer to have a proper left back obviously, but what is the alternative? Jonas? Neither is ideal really, six of one half a dozen of the other.

:thup: All of our problems came down the other side where we had a competition winner playing at RB.