FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

26 minutes ago, Stifler said:

A lot to do with some Newcastle fan from Consett.

He's a great guy to talk to. Can honestly say in the handful of chats I've had with him, he comes across as super genuine about his approach and beliefs in how players should be treated.

6 hours ago, woody said:

I genuinely can't believe it. It's mindblowing to think where this team has come from in terms of development.

I remember the heady days of Dwayne De Rosario (one of my all-time MLS faves), Julian De Guzman, an ancient Paul Stalteri, the once and future Atiba Hutchinson, and a half dozen dudes playing in the German third division.

Atiba’s gotta be on the WC roster right?

Edited by Tomato Deuce

24 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I remember the heady days of Dwayne De Rosario (one of my all-time MLS faves), Julian De Guzman, an ancient Paul Stalteri, the once and future Atiba Hutchinson, and a half dozen dudes playing in the German third division.

I remember buying Oliver Occean on FIFA and FM and hoping he would turn out to be a hidden gem.

He never did.

5 hours ago, woody said:

He's a great guy to talk to. Can honestly say in the handful of chats I've had with him, he comes across as super genuine about his approach and beliefs in how players should be treated.

Single handedly changed what Football means to this country. First with the Women's team and now this, legend status confirmed.

31 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

TSlls.gif

Dat swerve! My cousin played with DeRo at Malvern (top Canadian club team), but is a few years younger than him, so their stints on the National team didn't line up. My cuz eventually landed a scholarship to the University of Notre Dame, captained the team there and hung them up shortly after. 

Atiba is, played a cameo yesterday at the ripe age of 39. :lol: 

Remember Craig Forrest at West Ham.

Means an awful lot to and awful lot of people. Crazy to think of the players that have come and gone without being part of a WC. The fact it is on the front page of every newspaper in Canada this morning shows how much is changing. With the co-hosting in 2026 and expanded WC going forward it is most likely Canada will always qualify going forward, combined with the CPL slowly growing and womens league hopefully next, things are like Herdman says "We are only just getting started".

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is David Edgar still playing?

Sadly no, coaching with CPL club Forge FC (in Hamilton ON). He had a rough run with injuries and then was involved in a car crash and never fully came back the same. Herdman did give him a send off camp though before he retired. He played on with Forge and played in their inaugural Champions League qualifying run before retiring just over a year ago. 

During lockdown him and Kyle Bekker would do live Q&A’s on Instagram. I was able to ask Edgar a lot of questions which he answered. Seems like a really nice bloke. Before joining Forge, he was rumoured to be involved in bringing a CPL team to the Tri-city area, where he is from, which isn’t that far away from Hamilton.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Remember Craig Forrest at West Ham.

Means an awful lot to and awful lot of people. Crazy to think of the players that have come and gone without being part of a WC. The fact it is on the front page of every newspaper in Canada this morning shows how much is changing. With the co-hosting in 2026 and expanded WC going forward it is most likely Canada will always qualify going forward, combined with the CPL slowly growing and womens league hopefully next, things are like Herdman says "We are only just getting started".

Really excited for that growth and for my kids to hopefully join a more structured grass roots game. So much of our team is young, so we'll be competitive in CONCACAF the next decade and beyond, like you say. This is really exciting for the game here.

Forrest was the face of Saturday morning Football (PL mostly, though he did decent analysis of Serie A) here for most of my youth and 20's. He's a great human being, super approachable and you can't help but feel the feels when you see that reaction. He's a great ambassador of the game for Canada, a pro's pro. Whatever that means. :D 

8 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Atiba will definitely be taken if not to play then for a leadership role. Dude has given it all for Canada and deserves this at the very least

4 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Really excited for that growth and for my kids to hopefully join a more structured grass roots game. So much of our team is young, so we'll be competitive in CONCACAF the next decade and beyond, like you say. This is really exciting for the game here.

Forrest was the face of Saturday morning Football (PL mostly, though he did decent analysis of Serie A) here for most of my youth and 20's. He's a great human being, super approachable and you can't help but feel the feels when you see that reaction. He's a great ambassador of the game for Canada, a pro's pro. Whatever that means. :D 

I know Forrest's ex and while she says he's the most boring human ever, him and Gerry Dobson were the face of PL coverage growing up here. Seeing him that excited is pure lovely

Guest HTT II
17 hours ago, Mike said:

:aww:

I hope he gets to play some part of it, I know he’s had heart problems. And Craig Forrest was a decent keeper for Ipswich from memory.