FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

2 hours ago, Pata said:

Yeah, can't believe they had the audacity to celebrate that, it was only the Euros.

I had no problem with them celebrating winning, it was more the fact that they used every interview I saw after that final to rub our noses in it. Coming Rome ect. 

The fact they brought that dickhead Chiellini on just before conceding 

giphy.gif

Hope Macedonia make Ronaldo cry next. 

Edited by Bizza

:lol:

'IT'S COOOOMING HOOOOME! IT'S COOOMING HOOME! for fucking weeks.

'It's coming Rome'.

What did you say you fucking cunt?? 

Kings of bantz until someone says something back. :lol:

:lol: Wait are we actually pissed off people turned around a joke that got so disgustingly overused that I now actively hate what I once considered a fantastic football song?

I for one hope more nations tear us to shreds over that shit. 

10 hours ago, Bizza said:

Italy :lol:

After the way they carried on after beating us in the Euro final I for one am absolutely delighted to see those cunts miss out. The World Cup isn't going Rome :lol:

I find all of this a bit mystifying like. The best team won the tournament. It was gutting as an England fan (especially on penalties), but the bitterness on social media is very odd.

...and before anyone posts the screen shot, it was a regulation yellow card.

6 hours ago, Pata said:

:lol:

'IT'S COOOOMING HOOOOME! IT'S COOOMING HOOME! for fucking weeks.

'It's coming Rome'.

What did you say you fucking cunt?? 

Kings of bantz until someone says something back. :lol:

It's just schadenfreude on both sides. Think most people recognise that. There's always one who takes it personally though.

Personally was hoping Italy knocked Portugal out, who inevitably win a shit 1-0 against N Macedonia and be annoying as fuck in the actual tournament.

9 hours ago, Disco said:

Uruguay qualify, wouldn’t be a World Cup without them. As do Ecuador.

Peru, Colombia, Chile to battle for the playoff spot against ‘straya. 

Seems needlessly difficult for the Aussies to qualify. Same with many African nations. 

One positive of the expanded tournament next time is the better global representation I suppose. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Seems needlessly difficult for the Aussies to qualify. Same with many African nations. 

One positive of the expanded tournament next time is the better global representation I suppose. 

Australia are in the Asian qualifiers now. They just didn't qualify automatically this time

The Bonucci selfie with Maguire in the background was a bit more than celebrating tbh like. Doesn't bother me all that much tbh, but him doing that does make them failing to make the world cup funnier. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Second successive world cup I'll by boycotting easily then.

If ever there was two to miss it was these two whislt winning the European Championship between times.

That's 2-1 at the very least to me, for any post takeover neavau moralists

15 hours ago, triggs said:

Australia are in the Asian qualifiers now. They just didn't qualify automatically this time

We don't deserve to qualify this time either,  one of the worst squads we've had since the 90s, worst manager i can remember. I hope we get there, but we really don't deserve it at the moment

Tried to find it but couldn’t, and I don’t think  he posts anymore, but @aussiemagassured this or the next WC they’d win. 

One of always funnies how new country football fans who assume success based on nothing but old country football will just cede and cease.

Unfortunately for us, the chance of us winning a world cup in the next few generations is basically nil. There's too much opposition within Australia to football ever succeeding that it will never really happen without a complete culture change here.

The best chances we've had would've been if after the golden generation of viduka, Kewell, schwarzer and the like could've inspired younger generations,but it really didn't galvanise us to improve as a country, there's no investment into grass roots football either  and our national league is a cluster fuck at the best of times. Add to this that the best home grown manager we've ever had was basically undermined in the role to the point he quit after qualifying for the WC, things need to change and drastically.

I am hoping though the women's world cup here next year at least helps drive the women's game here because our Matildas are highly regarded, to the point I'd say that Sam Kerr is probably the most loved footballer we have at the moment.

5 minutes ago, wiseman said:

Unfortunately for us, the chance of us winning a world cup in the next few generations is basically nil. There's too much opposition within Australia to football ever succeeding that it will never really happen without a complete culture change here.

The best chances we've had would've been if after the golden generation of viduka, Kewell, schwarzer and the like could've inspired younger generations,but it really didn't galvanise us to improve as a country, there's no investment into grass roots football either  and our national league is a cluster fuck at the best of times. Add to this that the best home grown manager we've ever had was basically undermined in the role to the point he quit after qualifying for the WC, things need to change and drastically.

I am hoping though the women's world cup here next year at least helps drive the women's game here because our Matildas are highly regarded, to the point I'd say that Sam Kerr is probably the most loved footballer we have at the moment.

The A-league had potential, but naturally they took advantage of the Socceroos 2006 momentum and the hype of the early seasons by... shoving it behind a Foxtel paywall for 15 years.

Meanwhile the NRL and AFL keep getting record TV deals and for all their many organisational fuck ups in other departments, run continual master classes on how to properly market their code.

8 hours ago, Stifler said:

Canada have qualified for the World Cup.

They are also 1 point away from winning the group.

I genuinely can't believe it. It's mindblowing to think where this team has come from in terms of development.