Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

If Manchester City truly see him as being their future manager then there's absolutely no chance he'll be joining us, man :lol:

Why not? It's a great experience for him and if he's any good, well, it's not like money is a problem for City.

Aye,City have probably offered to pay all or part of his wages as well that'll be why we are interested.

So hads on, are we talking about the club or the fans here? If Manchester City the club view Vieira as a successor to any manager they have then they wouldn't want him to leave, and neither would he.

If City wanted him back at any point I doubt it would take much.

So hads on, are we talking about the club or the fans here? If Manchester City the club view Vieira as a successor to any manager they have then they wouldn't want him to leave, and neither would he.

GWWA

GWWA

"Acronym Definition

GWWA Great Western Whippet Association"

Oh

Saw this from a Man City fan on reddit:

I am a City fan who watches a lot of our youth games and have seen Vieira up close so thought I might drop in and give an opinion.

The first thing to say is that players absolutely love him to bits and will run through walls for him. He is very good at managing the young players and developing their skills as players.

This sometimes leads to strange tactical decisions though. He will often see a winger doing really well and move a player who needs to think about his positioning move over to fight him. It sacrifices the potential results of the team but makes that player better and gives them experience in being uncomfortable.

Vieira is a big fan of players outside their comfort zone in order for them to face adversity, he is clever when it comes to the mental side of the game.

Tactically he isn't going to be a revolutionary of epic proportions like a Guardiola or anything but he is solid. He's very good as a representative of the club and understands the modern football organisation and media. He won't hit anybody on the side of the pitch or draw attention to himself by claiming he's the best person ever.

In our teams he likes to play mainly a 4-3-3 with the 3 up top rotating around taking it in turns to play either out wide or centrally and favours a defensive midfielder with a good range of passing to create counter attacks. With that said he tends to play possession based attacking football with a high defensive line and a focus on quick movement and quick attacks. He doesn't seem to like centre backs who are "big strong lads" in front of good footballers. He worked a lot with Jason Denayer who has just won Scottish Young Player of the Year at Celtic about this and made him focus more on working with the ball than getting stuck in and its made him a far better player who can work in midfield.

He experiments with 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 at times and a few times with a 3-4-3 but not enough to really say that that is how he plays. 4-3-3 then 4-5-1 for more battling games.

He is very big on everybody working all the time and will get on their backs from the touchline if necessary. He is quite an imposing figure at times but rarely a ranter and raver for the sake of it. We have a young winger called Brandon Barker who is your typical young English winger where they want to take everybody on and score lots of goals. Vieira has worked with him a lot on the defensive side to get him thinking about defensive shape instead of just driving forward at every opportunity and although he has a way to go to be called a cultured winger he is a better player.

That is probably the best thing about Vieira. He is an excellent man manager and hugely respected by the young people and by the first team. Vincent Kompany has said a lot that he asks Vieira for advice and when we won the FA Cup in 2010 and he was a player, everybody in the dressing room was lining up for selfies with Vieira including guys like Lescott and Silva who you would have thought were experienced enough not to be fanboys but everybody seems to be a Vieira fanboy. They used to call him the Godfather when he was a player at City.

I don't think that he will move unless it is the right job for him. He has been talking about moving on from our U21 team for a little bit but has always said that it has to be to the right club under the right circumstances. He will want time to put his ideas in motion and let him work with the players you have and make them better, as well as getting them on his way of thinking and Ashley seems like he will give him that.

All sounds pretty positive.

If Manchester City truly see him as being their future manager then there's absolutely no chance he'll be joining us, man :lol:

Not the finished article though...

Needs to make his novice mistakes at some club where it doesn't really matter though - here.

I really don't think they will tbh, even if he is Guardiola mk2 like most clubs with that money they'll ignore him and get someone more proven at the top level.

Not the finished article though...

Needs to make his novice mistakes at some club where it doesn't really matter though - here.

PV will hardly arrive alone.. Many players from other clubs would be willing to follow him to NUFC

The biggest thing for me is he seems a character. I can't imagine him being a puppet in the way Pardew was, Charver is or how I expected McLaren would turn out.

Ask Anelka about it...

“My career at Arsenal was going from strength to strength until the day I crossed Vieira, who was better known in the Arsenal dressing room as ‘Le Long.’ I was playing against Fulham at Highbury and I remember receiving a ball from Bergkamp, then rounding the keeper with ease and, with the goal wide open, somehow managing to screw the ball wide at the last minute. It only happened because the sun was in my eyes. It wasn’t my fault! Anyway Vieira gave me a glare and I knew I was in trouble, afterwards in the showers he tore into me and I just snapped, I knew I shouldn’t have, but I called him a ‘lanky limbed boombaclart.’

At first he just stared at me with his hollow eyes. Then…..

WHAM!

Just like that he slapped me across the face with his penis. Just once. But it knocked me back a few steps. It was like being struck by a wet kipper. No one could believe what they saw! Can you imagine how embarrassing it is to be smacked across the face with a 14″ pork sword in front of your team mates? It was the worst moment of my life. No one said anything for what seemed like an eternity”

:lol: Could he be a Rooney Rule interview?

We need our own version of the Rooney Rule for NUFC, we should have to interview someone expensive and proven.

:lol: Could he be a Rooney Rule interview?

We need our own version of the Rooney Rule for NUFC, we should have to interview someone expensive and proven.

:lol: We'd just say that we did.

You cannot just send a manager out and then buy him back though whenever you want him, or at least you just wouldn't do it. If he comes to us then I imagine he'll be off City's list for replacing whoever he's meant to be replacing (unless he turns out to be absolutely fucking mega).

It seems like the whole point of 'grooming' a manager is that he's already there when you need him, and he's already fully up to date and in the loop.