Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Fascinated by this,  however I very much doubt he will be a sucesss. If he was anything special I'd expect City to be more appealing than coming to us right now. Happy to be proven wrong, would rather gamble on this than Carver.

Tbf I don't particularly think he is anything special but City will never appoint him even if he was. They'll always go for a much bigger name in management terms.

Would rather roll the dice than get a British merry go round tosser. Probably an accident waiting to happen if we did go for Vieira but maybe we'll strike gold. Hard to tell.

Think this is really exciting. Everyone who dealt with him said he was an outstanding, competitive leader and must have learnt plenty from Wenger. His pulling power for players will be great too

There's gambling on an unproven manager like Hughton or Carver, and there's gambling on one of the best players of the last 20 years.

What amazes me most here isn't the link with Vieira but the fact some people initially questioned whether he would be better than John Carver ???

It's a fair question to make considering we effectively know absolutely fuck all about the bloke.

It's not really. I'm pretty sure he's got it in him to scrape more than a point from a quarter of a season, unlike Geordie John.

Notice no one has mentioned that he's black yet. Give it 24 hours and Oliver Holt will have tweeted/written a story about the lack of black managers in the game again

Pete Graves is pretty reputable isn't he?

He's clearly in bed with the club, has been for a few years. Might be a mong but he's information is at least reliable.

Aye that's all I meant by reputable.

Anyway I think this would be mental. If we want to take a punt on a relatively inexperienced French manager who played under Wenger, why not go for Garde?  :lol:

Obviously I don't buy any of that pish about the city not being arty enough or whatever it was in the other thread lol

No idea what he would be like in a tactical or coaching sense but he is undoubtedly a great leader of men who would get the very best motivation out of the British and French players.

Pete Graves is pretty reputable isn't he?

He's clearly in bed with the club, has been for a few years. Might be a mong but he's information is at least reliable.

Aye that's all I meant by reputable.

Anyway I think this would be mental. If we want to take a punt on a relatively inexperienced French manager who played under Wenger, why not go for Garde?  :lol:

Obviously I don't buy any of that pish about the city not being arty enough or whatever it was in the other thread lol

Coz it won't be Vieira or Garde. It's McClaren's job if he wants it

Meh, would excite me more than Carver or Mclaren for the "unknown" factor but must be better options.

There are always options but are they attainable?

Of those that are I'm not sure they are going to achieve much more than mid table and more apathy.

Newcastle and Vieira might not have much affinity yet, but I see him as someone with the pedigree to wake the club up.

Meh, would excite me more than Carver or Mclaren for the "unknown" factor but must be better options.

There are always options but are they attainable?

Of those that are I'm not sure they are going to achieve much more than mid table and more apathy.

Newcastle and Vieira might not have much affinity yet, but I see him as someone with the pedigree to wake the club up.

Yes, obviously.