Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

But, but, that can't be true. Luke Edwards who mentioned he had other options and no meeting was even planned was only being bitter because he was banned by the club, or so people said.

You have to be a raving lunatic to start your career with one of the three big Istanbul clubs... People are mental there  :laugh:

You have to be an even bigger fool to start your career here. Shearer is a demi God around these parts yet it only took 8 games with a downbeat squad spiraling towards the abyss to never be considered a viable candidate again.

:lol:

:lol: I've decided to just assume Emre isn't the best at telling black people apart. He's coming here. Of course he is. He's coming here.

I was more laughing at the guy seemingly thinking there's only one person in Turkey called Emre.

:lol:

:lol: I've decided to just assume Emre isn't the best at telling black people apart. He's coming here. Of course he is. He's coming here.

I was more laughing at the guy seemingly thinking there's only one person in Turkey called Emre.

:lol: It's wild. I don't know a thing about Viera as a manager and I'm furious that he might be in Turkey.

Guest zicomartin

It doesnt matter if Vieira comes or not. 

He outscored McClaren 93% to 7% in the Chron's poll, as a complete managerial novice.

So if we hire the other idiot, and he is unpopular, they cant say they were not warned.

This Vieira stuff is just being used by both parties for their own gain. I don't think it's anything to do withPR by the club but I think it's all to do with flushing McClaren out and driving down any wage demands or control demands that he may have by having a potential rival for the job.

Vieira gains by having his stock raised and putting pressure on his current employers to give him a more powerful role, potentially the managers job at City. Or to flush out any other job offers as a manager at other clubs.

Also, Sky gain by punters spunking a few sheets on SkyBet.

He's not coming here.

The Sky Sports / Sky Bet situation surely must be looked at by Ofcom or whoever is the regulatory body.

Not saying it's the case with Vieira, but there is nothing stopping them putting some rumours out on a slow news day and raking in the bets

The Sky Sports / Sky Bet situation surely must be looked at by Ofcom or whoever is the regulatory body.

Not saying it's the case with Vieira, but there is nothing stopping them putting some rumours out on a slow news day and raking in the bets

:lol: Nothing wrong with reporting on speculation, they do it all the time!

People are daft enough to stick loads of money based on rumours, there's fuck all Ofcom can do about that :lol:

People are daft enough to stick loads of money based on rumours, there's f*** all Ofcom can do about that :lol:

But when they create the speculation themselves in the first place?

People are daft enough to stick loads of money based on rumours, there's f*** all Ofcom can do about that :lol:

This is the point.

Alongside advertising, I'd imagine Skybet to be Sky's biggest revenue stream. There's just no way they're able to pay such obscene amounts of money for the PL rights from subscriptions. It's clear as day that they would do anything to get people popping over to Skybet once they've heard any bit of news.

Alongside advertising, I'd imagine Skybet to be Sky's biggest revenue stream. There's just no way they're able to pay such obscene amounts of money for the PL rights from subscriptions. It's clear as day that they would do anything to get people popping over to Skybet once they've heard any bit of news.

£32m revenue per quarter, not exactly huge.

This is the point.

More than one news outlet reported on this and I'm sure more than one bookie has made money from it. Sky Sports make up shit all the time, as do most other news sources,especially when it comes to football.

What if Vieira was their first choice from the beginning. Obviously he can not manage in January as he didn't have the coaching badges. They tried to find out if they get special approval. (Charney was saying in the next week we will know for sure if we get our guy or not in January) it was not to be and they gamble with JC. As soon as the he got the badges last week the talk and hopefully the appointment this week will be proceed.