Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

No, not really. I think it'd be an appointment based entirely on his playing career, which is something I don't understand when PL sides do it.

Mind you, I actually only scanned your post and thought you were talking about Vieira not having coaching badges ;)

Why would it have to be based entirely on his playing career?  Its not like he's just finished playing or has been just a pundit since he did.  He's been working at Many City in various roles including as a manager for the last few years.  Fair enough its just the youth side but he does have some experience and what people say about him as a coach is very positive.  It wouldn't hurt that he was a massive name as a player of course, but it wouldn't be the only reason to give him a chance.

I don't think that is enough experience to qualify someone for a job at a PL side - having managed a youth side, I mean.

I don't understand why former players go for positions like that, rather than getting some experience further down the food chain, and I don't understand why PL chairmen so readily think that that sort of appointment is wise, either.

Put it like this, would you feel the same if it were, say, Harry Smith who had been working with Man City's youth team you were getting linked with rather than Patrick Vieira?

I'd have thought what you need is someone who can manipulate that shit house of a chairman, and for that, you'd be better off going for someone who has seen it all and done it all before.

few days ago i didn't know he was becoming a manager....now i want him badly!

Mostly because IF he comes it means he will change the whole set up for the better!

He will (rightly so) not accept to be a bitcch like Carver and Pardew!

Unfortunately i fear they're exactly the reasons he won't get the job.

I can't see him accepting Carver, Stone, Woodman and Derek Wright as his staff and i don't think he'll be dictated to in terms of limiting the team's progress.

he is exactly what we need but not a puppet and therefore, not what Ashley & co. Want.

If anyone believes anybody other than McClaren had any chance of getting the job they are an idiot

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/18/1411044616998_wps_1_John_Carver_Newcastle_ass.jpg

I wasn't even sure how I felt about Vieira but have the familiar feeling of disappointment that follows from the club pretending they're trying to do something and it inevitably turning to nothing.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ  14m14 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sky sources: Newcastle to hold talks with John Carver in next 48 hours to clarify his position. #SSNHQ

Amy Lewis ‏@SkySportsAmy  14m14 minutes ago

Sources - the club will speak to John Carver in the next 48 hours. If a new appointment is sought McClaren remains a frontrunner.

Definitely gonna be carver :lol:

I would prefer Carver over McClaren, I'm not even joking.

At least if we got Carver, the fans already hate him. It wouldn't take 3 seasons for people to see the light like with Pardew, and some would with Mcclaren.

I would prefer Carver over McClaren, I'm not even joking.

:lol:

We get McClaren and despite the fact we'll be going nowhere he'll be given time, all he needs to do is finish in the top 10 1 year for half of our lot to worship the ground he walks on - literally forever.

Guest reefatoon

I'm getting to the point of accepting nothing will happen till the end of June and even then it will be some kind of bungle.

http://i.cubeupload.com/RSjTzs.jpg